Avicus Archive

Moderators With [redacted] by ImRaging September 2, 2017 at 4:09 PM UTC

edit: Nobody told me to make this or advised me to make this

Hello

[redacted]

The first victim we will be talking about is xtramajestical who banned this here specimen: 

for kill aura as you can see. Now, dont be mistaken as to why i'm making this post, because many moderators will experience false banning somebody during their time as staff. This is relatively common since we are humans and we make mistakes. HOWEVER (dun dun dun), according to the victim of the ban, xtratestical attempted to justify himself in the appeal saying that the victim of the ban will STAY banned, not because they were cheating (because they weren't) but because they were PRETENDING to cheat. Now this gets under my skin a little bit because WHY THE FUCK would you ban someone because of a mistake that YOU made. If this is seriously a rule it joins the list of most moronic and fucking witless decisions that an avicus staff member has made, which is probably about a mile long by now. 

The only reason this is a rule is so that the moderator team doesnt look like they have no idea what theyre doing. Doing this makes you look more idiotic than actually owning up to your mistake an just unbanning the player - which would also take a lot less effort than having to then deal with an appeal for days/weeks/months. This happened to me personally the other day; i was banned for kill aura and was unbanned afterwards because the moderator realised that they had made a mistake because this is what normal people do. 

Now please put your egotistical arses aside and think about this.

if i have said anything untrue or inaccurate, PLEASE correct me as i dont want to look as stupid as the moderator team does right now.

:D

ImRaging September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

woopsy my finger slipped XD

cellish September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

*cough* Fouled *cough*

dev_revs September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

I do agree with [redacted], and the reason he's not unbanned is pure shit as I read from you, But I did witness him using kill aura (unless he was pretending, then my bad).

A
V
I
C
U
S

vladthegreat100 September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

Mind actually reading the rules page before ranting? 
I'm all about calling mistakes, but this was not one.
Not gonna check, but if he's still perma banned, I'd bring the punishment down, not keep it permanent.
https://avicus.net/rules/en

Section C #5:

Seuthy September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

I do agree with [redacted], and the reason he's not unbanned is pure shit as I read from you, But I did witness him using kill aura (unless he was pretending, then my bad).

A
V
I
C
U
S

"i did witness him using kill aura"

LOL

LOL

lol

imryaan September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

Not gonna check, but if he's still perma banned, I'd bring the punishment down, not keep it permanent.

Section C #5:
how are you meant to justify that he's INTENTIONALLY making it look like he's using aim assist? what if he's head twitching to get an advantage?

Section C #5:
no i said its a retarded rule

Midline September 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

yall dumb

https://gyazo.com/fb9773dc6a4178e074da284f7baf0243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwp-Ps6BIw4

no i said its a retarded rule
"If this is seriously a rule it joins the list of most moronic and fucking witless decisions that an avicus staff member has made"
You said IF IT IS a rule.
So you did not know the rules and called that specific rule retarded, you simply called a potential rule retarded.

Also, why take shots at the moderators?

They didn't write the rules, did they? They enforce what rules they were given. Respect to Xtra for actually following whatever rules are written on the rules page unlike some staff.

"If this is seriously a rule it joins the list of most moronic and fucking witless decisions that an avicus staff member has made"
You said IF IT IS a rule.
So you did not know the rules and called that specific rule retarded, you simply called a potential rule retarded.

Also, why take shots at the moderators?

They didn't write the rules, did they? They enforce what rules they were given. Respect to Xtra for actually following whatever rules are written on the rules page unlike some staff.
well woopdeedoo you me got there!

how are you meant to justify that he's INTENTIONALLY making it look like he's using aim assist? what if he's head twitching to get an advantage?
You will know if someone is intentionally making it look like he's using aim assist, kill aura, aimbot, etc. It's quite simple to know actually.

I'm not saying the evidence did show him intentionally head twitching as I haven't seen it, but from previous experiences with moderation on MCSG, I have learnt to know who's faking it and who's not.

Wahiz September 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM UTC

Xtra isn't the brightest of the bunch

PokerFace September 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM UTC

When you make it look like you are hacking, especially if that person is a regular, you waste the staff member's time. The length of the ban is a bit long though, so it'll probably be lowered. Don't quote me on it though.

Tropeca September 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM UTC

I saw xtra ban someone for ban evasion when the guy's other account got banned for an inappropriate name 

He also banned another account for ban evasion when the original account's ban was already appealed/expired

BoldAndBrash September 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM UTC

Your disrespectful comments were removed for a reason. Don't put them back up. Same goes for you, dev_revs, keep it respectful.

Tropeca September 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM UTC

@vlad
@PokerFace

You guys don't think staff members should be able to tell the difference between someone pretending to cheat and someone who is actually cheating? There's no fucking way someone pretending to hack can make their crosshair move directly onto the center of someone's hitbox on command. That's just not realistic. It's honestly not that hard to compare someone just spinning their mouse around while playing versus someone actually using aimbot or kill aura, because there's a gigantic difference in precision and accuracy.

XtraMajestical September 2, 2017 at 8:09 PM UTC

I never said that the punishment would stay permanent, but a tempban could be implemented, it is far too soon to start making your conclusions

imryaan September 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

When you make it look like you are hacking, especially if that person is a regular, you waste the staff member's time. The length of the ban is a bit long though, so it'll probably be lowered. Don't quote me on it though.
Are we not allowed to head twitch in order to gain extra hits then?

shadowolfyt September 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

"many moderators will experience false banning somebody during their time as staff."
This I can say, many staff have falsely banned people in the past and Xtra I've seen has also, continuing on.

"xtratestical attempted to justify himself in the appeal saying that the victim of the ban will STAY banned, not because they were cheating (because they weren't) but because they were PRETENDING to cheat."
Hmmm this reminds me of someone  cellish????? Such a petty way to change a ban to keep them banned, this is what Avicus does with their regulars I guess, falsely bans them.
Just watch, I'm next.

ImRaging September 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

You will know if someone is intentionally making it look like he's using aim assist, kill aura, aimbot, etc. It's quite simple to know actually.

I'm not saying the evidence did show him intentionally head twitching as I haven't seen it, but from previous experiences with moderation on MCSG, I have learnt to know who's faking it and who's not.
you may do but xtra does nOT

I never said that the punishment would stay permanent, but a tempban could be implemented, it is far too soon to start making your conclusions
thats still a dumb reason to keep someone fucking banned because you dont know the difference between someone immitating the exorcist girl and someone using fucking kill aura

Your disrespectful comments were removed for a reason. Don't put them back up. Same goes for you, dev_revs, keep it respectful.
sorry dad

Midline September 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

again,

yall dumb

https://gyazo.com/fb9773dc6a4178e074da284f7baf0243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwp-Ps6BIw4

if u read my post the first time i think im justifying myself enough for "pretending to hack"

XtraMajestical September 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

sorry dad
For start at what part in the appeal did I say I would keep him banned?

Mench September 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM UTC

this is why we should demoted  staffs on tuhe minecraft avicus network

dev_revs September 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM UTC

The [redacted] rule needs to be removed right [redacted] now.

kon333 September 2, 2017 at 11:09 PM UTC

just do what normally happens (everyone complains, u get what u want) other than 1.7 but that's just rip

PokerFace September 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM UTC

Are we not allowed to head twitch in order to gain extra hits then?
The head twitching is not really the issue. The man issue is the locking onto your own teammates and attempting to attack them.

Tropeca September 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM UTC

The head twitching is not really the issue. The man issue is the locking onto your own teammates and attempting to attack them.
Why can't a mod tell the difference between someone actually cheating and someone pretending to cheat? As I said, imitating kill aura/aimbot to the point where it looks identical is very very very hard to do and basically impossible. You can't consistently lock onto the center of someone's hitbox to the same degree of precision/accuracy that aimbot/killaura do, you just can't. Just because someone is headtwitching around doesn't mean that they're cheating. You have to actually look at where their head is going and how precisely they are locking onto people.

edit: The head twitching is part of locking onto teammates, except that someone pretending to cheat is not actually locking onto them. Instead, they're literally spinning their mouse around while fighting to portray a similar appearance to someone actually using kill aura/aimbot. If you actually look at where their head/crosshair faces, it likely isn't directly at the player.

_Nathy September 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM UTC

Stop flying the disrespect flag. If you have no fucking clue what you're doing, people will call you out on it. My suggestion is how bout you improve a bit. Then people will stop calling you fuckwits.

BoldAndBrash September 3, 2017 at 1:09 AM UTC

Stop flying the disrespect flag. If you have no fucking clue what you're doing, people will call you out on it. My suggestion is how bout you improve a bit. Then people will stop calling you fuckwits.
We aren't going to slack off just because you're angry. Rules still apply.

PokerFace September 3, 2017 at 1:09 AM UTC

Why can't a mod tell the difference between someone actually cheating and someone pretending to cheat? As I said, imitating kill aura/aimbot to the point where it looks identical is very very very hard to do and basically impossible. You can't consistently lock onto the center of someone's hitbox to the same degree of precision/accuracy that aimbot/killaura do, you just can't. Just because someone is headtwitching around doesn't mean that they're cheating. You have to actually look at where their head is going and how precisely they are locking onto people.

edit: The head twitching is part of locking onto teammates, except that someone pretending to cheat is not actually locking onto them. Instead, they're literally spinning their mouse around while fighting to portray a similar appearance to someone actually using kill aura/aimbot. If you actually look at where their head/crosshair faces, it likely isn't directly at the player.
After Xtra banned him, we told him about it, but rules are rules, you aren't supposed to pretend that you are hacking. We had a discussion between most of the staff and I mentioned what you said hours before you posted this. And keep in mind that you cannot exactly see the exact angle from a third person perspective. That's why the video Seuthy provided was very helpful.

It was an honest mistake and nobody is perfect.

_Nathy September 3, 2017 at 1:09 AM UTC

We aren't going to slack off just because you're angry. Rules still apply.
Telling you that you are fucking up is not disrespect. In fact, trying to silence your playerbase instead of fixing the problem they are bringing to the table is you having a lack of respect for your playerbase and shows you could not give less of a fuck. If I ran a shop and a customer complained about a product, do I tell the customer to stop disrespecting me and tell them to fuck off or do I take their criticism and attempt to fix mistakes? Avicus doesn't take any criticism from its players, thats probably why one month old servers can get more players than you lol. You can't do stupid things and expect everyone to pretend they're not stupid. ..

In terms of Avicus, this is one of the smallest problems lol. I'm not even angry at this point, this is pretty tame compared to other topics.  I'm not sure how I'm asking you to slack off, I'm asking the complete opposite lol. I want you to learn some basic stuff. Tournament ghost clients, ok bit tricky, we'll let that slide, but basic fucking kill aura? How do you get that wrong?

Cow_Man06 September 3, 2017 at 2:09 AM UTC

I might not know much on the situation but this is my opinion

with Nathy's pov it seems like you guys are deleting his comments when there is very little reason to

with other staff's pov it seems Nathy is being HIGHLY disrespectful and does not seem to know how to chill down bc he is saying that ya'll don't know ****

this is my opinion

BoldAndBrash September 3, 2017 at 2:09 AM UTC

Telling you that you are fucking up is not disrespect. In fact, trying to silence your playerbase instead of fixing the problem they are bringing to the table is you having a lack of respect for your playerbase and shows you could not give less of a fuck. If I ran a shop and a customer complained about a product, do I tell the customer to stop disrespecting me and tell them to fuck off or do I take their criticism and attempt to fix mistakes? Avicus doesn't take any criticism from its players, thats probably why one month old servers can get more players than you lol. You can't do stupid things and expect everyone to pretend they're not stupid. ..

In terms of Avicus, this is one of the smallest problems lol. I'm not even angry at this point, this is pretty tame compared to other topics.  I'm not sure how I'm asking you to slack off, I'm asking the complete opposite lol. I want you to learn some basic stuff. Tournament ghost clients, ok bit tricky, we'll let that slide, but basic fucking kill aura? How do you get that wrong?
If we were "censoring" our users, you wouldn't be able to view this thread right now. We take criticism, but it's still our jobs to make sure users are following the rules, in this case, keep them from calling users brainless or retarded. We take criticism when it's constructive.

DaGoldBrick September 3, 2017 at 3:09 AM UTC

If we were "censoring" our users, you wouldn't be able to view this thread right now. We take criticism, but it's still our jobs to make sure users are following the rules, in this case, keep them from calling users brainless or retarded. We take criticism when it's constructive.
You're tempbanning people for swinging at their teammates or hitting someones model in the head.

Let that sink in, you're banning legit players for clicking at their teammates or legitimately aiming a certain way for what reason? 

The fact that this rule is even in place just shows your incompetence. You have it there as a safety net to keep LEGIT players banned so you can attempt to show that you aren't a retard when it comes to hacking on blockman.

You don't take constructive criticism, that's just straight up bullshit, never have since 2014 lul

RATTLEWARRIOR September 3, 2017 at 3:09 AM UTC

COUGH SHADOWOLFYT COUGH

vladthegreat100 September 3, 2017 at 4:09 AM UTC

@vlad
@PokerFace

You guys don't think staff members should be able to tell the difference between someone pretending to cheat and someone who is actually cheating? There's no fucking way someone pretending to hack can make their crosshair move directly onto the center of someone's hitbox on command. That's just not realistic. It's honestly not that hard to compare someone just spinning their mouse around while playing versus someone actually using aimbot or kill aura, because there's a gigantic difference in precision and accuracy.
Tell that to  DaGoldBrick

Man got banned countless times for acting like he hacked, and for awhile made videos of him being false banned and calling the staff out on the forums.

So it is possible.

Tropeca September 3, 2017 at 5:09 AM UTC

Tell that to  DaGoldBrick

Man got banned countless times for acting like he hacked, and for awhile made videos of him being false banned and calling the staff out on the forums.

So it is possible.
Aren't you just proving my point? I'm sure if you looked into any of the evidence they used to ban him you could see that he wasn't actually hacking; you have to look at where his crosshair is actually pointing instead of banning him because he's head twitching in general

Posighdun September 3, 2017 at 5:09 AM UTC

It shouldn't be used as an escape route for false banning a player but the rule is more than necessary considering people like to waste moderators time and try to pretend they're hacking. Idk what Raging did and whose right and wrong but that rule is more than fair. If you're going to waste a moderators time then you should be punished, I mean this in general.

Posighdun September 3, 2017 at 5:09 AM UTC

It shouldn't be used as an escape route for false banning a player but the rule is more than necessary considering people like to waste moderators time and try to pretend they're hacking. Idk what Raging did and whose right and wrong but that rule is more than fair. If you're going to waste a moderators time then you should be punished, I mean this in general.
Also to add on, if you're using head twitching as a legitimate tactic that should be fine, I'm refering to those people who go out of their way and try to get banned on purpose.

Zeusy September 3, 2017 at 7:09 AM UTC

Vote is being held regarding the rule in discord, hopefully it gets changed.

zero9178 September 3, 2017 at 2:09 PM UTC

I dont  get the whole rule of  pretending to be hacking.  First whose to judge if youre pretending or not cause you cant prove that. Second how is pretending to be hacking a problem for staff. If the player gets reported how is it the players problem?  If you know they arent hacking . Then just dont ban them.  Ignoring those reports isnt any different to ignoring a report of a player not "pretending to be hacking".

DaGoldBrick September 3, 2017 at 2:09 PM UTC

If the moderator truly deserves their rank, they'll take maybe 1 minute or 2 to realise the player is pretending to hack

Xuph September 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM UTC

Nowadays moderators use this rule to get rid of people they dislike.

XtraMajestical September 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM UTC

You make a quick decision when more than 9 reports come in within 7 mins, you try your best to deal with situation as fast as you can in order to punish the individual, to keep everyone happy... When you take the report and see the player is head snapping and locking onto other players occasionally, along with a large amount of reports, from known well experienced Avicus players and x mods, and that the player is doing very well, assuming they seemed to not have been online before, you make a decision which may be wrong now, but at the time seemed to be the correct decision to go by. I hope you understand my POV, and at no point did I say that he would never be appealed.
And at what point have I not liked seuthy? We do not ban people we dislike, or I would of banned far more people than just Seuthy.

Goodnighht September 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM UTC

Seuthy's ban and what to do after was discussed on and off for over 30 hours. I personally 100% disagree with his ban for hacking, (Which everyone, including Xtra has also agreed on.) and his temban for "Pretending to hack". I'm not going to explain every little detail as to why, but we've asked around and gotten multiple stories about what happened. The evidence is almost solely based off of one of them and I don't think it's sufficient enough to hold up in an appeal. Although it was decided would happen as a group, (And I won't say who agreed or disagreed beside myself.) I got the impression from the conversation that the punishment had nothing to do with the actual rule, and more so the fact that the people who reported, and Seuthy, were in TS together when it all happened. Based on that there was a lot that happened that we don't even know is true. 

Seuthy if you read this, I'd encourage you to appeal. You were banned for nearly 2 days for "Hacking" even though every one that was involved agreed that you were not hacking. It hurts to see that happen.

Seuthy September 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM UTC

why do all my bans have insufficient evidence LUL

zero9178 September 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

You make a quick decision when more than 9 reports come in within 7 mins, you try your best to deal with situation as fast as you can in order to punish the individual, to keep everyone happy... When you take the report and see the player is head snapping and locking onto other players occasionally, along with a large amount of reports, from known well experienced Avicus players and x mods, and that the player is doing very well, assuming they seemed to not have been online before, you make a decision which may be wrong now, but at the time seemed to be the correct decision to go by. I hope you understand my POV, and at no point did I say that he would never be appealed.
And at what point have I not liked seuthy? We do not ban people we dislike, or I would of banned far more people than just Seuthy.
The Issue isnt that you banned him, that is fine everyone makes mistakes tbh. Its more the excuse of  banning him for pretending to be hacking instead

Tropeca September 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

soody

ImRaging September 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

the annoying part isn't the fact that you banned him, its that you didnt correct you mistake afterwards

XtraMajestical September 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM UTC

the annoying part isn't the fact that you banned him, its that you didnt correct you mistake afterwards
I was just following the rules, I had tempbanned him for breaking that rule, to hopefully deter others from doing so

kon333 September 3, 2017 at 10:09 PM UTC

hi

tomqss September 3, 2017 at 10:09 PM UTC

wait what the fuck how is that a rule

Juanooo September 4, 2017 at 5:09 AM UTC

The rule itself is retarded and should be deleted due to how subjective it is. There's no one who can tell the line between pretending to be hacking and not doing so, therefore, the rule should not be enforced since some mods may have thought he was actually pretending to look like a KA while some others may have thought the opposite. As simple as that.

dev_revs September 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM UTC

WAIT IT WAS SEUTHY LOOL 

g/g

XtraMajestical September 5, 2017 at 6:09 AM UTC

@tomqss - read the rules for start before questioning me: "Do not intentionally make it look as though you are using a hack client. Doing so will result in a punishment." 

Xuph September 5, 2017 at 9:09 AM UTC

this rule makes no sense and should not exist.

_Nathy September 5, 2017 at 11:09 AM UTC

The rule may come from Hypixel and may contain a virus

Xuph September 5, 2017 at 1:09 PM UTC

raging, sometimes you are just [Redacted]. honestly, just stop being a fucking [Redacted] all the time. i told you before, not to make such a [Redacted] thread. im done with you, msg me when you stop being [Redacted]. thanks.

AtditC September 5, 2017 at 8:09 PM UTC

raging, sometimes you are just [Redacted]. honestly, just stop being a fucking [Redacted] all the time. i told you before, not to make such a [Redacted] thread. im done with you, msg me when you stop being [Redacted]. thanks.
lmao

Wahiz September 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM UTC

ImRaging Xtra has banned another legit player

Goodnighht September 5, 2017 at 10:09 PM UTC

ImRaging Xtra has banned another legit player
If you want to make a post about this ban if you want. This post was made based off of the Seuthy's alts ban. 

Anyway, since Seuthy's ban was appealed, and this post no longer has any relevance I'm going to lock this.