Avicus Archive

Youtubers and Advertisement. by SnowSX3 August 9, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

The former Administrative team always noted how they were in contact with a few Youtubers to help promote the server, but that never came to fruition.

I also remember server Advertisement being talked about a lot and with each revamping of the advertisement department, that a serious effort was going to be put into advertising and promotion.

But again, nothing much came of it.

I want to ask the current Administrative team what is being done this time round to make sure Avicus has a constant flow of sustainable promotion for the server. 

What is being done to make sure advertising doesn't fall flat again.

Also want to open the floor and create a discussion out of it. Positive or negative.
I feel genuine constructive feedback can be a crucial reference point for the staff moving forward.

kon333 August 9, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

I am logan paul so maybe i could do an avicus game play and get the logang here

cellish August 9, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

Advertising never happened :o <o/

SnowSX3 August 9, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

I suppose add something too.

Focusing on Youtubers is a waste of time. Most Youtubers cost a lot of money, money that we cannot afford.

As far as advertising is concerned, I feel pushing a Social Media department is a good start, but there needs to be constant communication and meetings to ensure it doesn't die off quickly.

Other means of free advertising is also something the staff should seriously look into. Online forums such as Reddit is a free tool that has the potential to attract some attention.

Creating small community events that aren't made off a whim can also be beneficial to not only new comers, but the existing community as well.

shadowolfyt August 9, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

Camemes  Crazy_  Fouled

Matic0B August 9, 2017 at 12:08 PM UTC

I've recently "returned" and was one of the newest additions to the Social Media team so I don't have that much to say. But from what I did notice is that something at least started with Social Media. I don't know how it was in the past but it seems like a nice start of something might actually work with the new team.

KojaCola August 9, 2017 at 12:08 PM UTC

Yeah Youtubers are mucho mucho expensive, we can advertise with the resources we have.

Xuph August 9, 2017 at 12:08 PM UTC

"What is being done to make sure advertising doesn't fall flat again."

DaGoldBrick August 9, 2017 at 7:08 PM UTC

can i have op

Okiba August 9, 2017 at 7:08 PM UTC

can i have op
give this man youtuber rank he's got a whopping 2000 subs

Acceqted August 9, 2017 at 9:08 PM UTC

Being a new leader of the social media team and watching over the advertisement team, I can assure you we are working on different strategies to collect new players. I believe dev_revs is going to go more into depth with this stuff in a later post, so I'd wait for his comment before replying etc.

Rombeyy August 10, 2017 at 12:08 AM UTC

"What is being done to make sure advertising doesn't fall flat again."

accurate 100%

Crazy_ August 10, 2017 at 5:08 AM UTC

Alright so in terms of advertisement, we've recently more clearly outlined who will will responsible for this sort of thing now that some of the staff who were responsible in the past have recently retired. I'm not one of those people, but as I can see from their chats, they have big plans related advertisement. 

I'll let one of those guys comment on this thread - they have a much better idea of their plans, goals, etc.

imryaan August 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM UTC

ImRaging August 10, 2017 at 1:08 PM UTC

789th time lucky!

dev_revs August 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM UTC

FINALLY

Okay, I can access the forums now

Let us start with the youtubers. From the start, every time I read about the admins using youtubers to advertise, I either laughed myself to sleep or jumped out my window. It is a strategy that is useless and will not work at this stage we are at. You need to bring players from sites, not youtube. Not to mention the cost some of these guys want, its overall just not worth it. I do not think it will be in the future either, unless someone comes along who will willingly do it and is popular.

On the other hand. We have had some great applicants to join our advertising team and I am very excited to work with them. I see a light at the end of a tunnel for us, which could be big. Also, I have plans for each department of the team, and we are going to be strict to make sure people are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Some new things include
-Social Media meetings for certain departments to prepare for upcoming events
-Having gameplans before hand and not asking things to be done the day of
-Avicus YouTube is coming back into play
- Advertising is being tested in multiple different ways, not youtubers.

There isnt much I can go into detail about the advertising at this point, but if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask. Hopefully I was able to answer your question.

KojaCola August 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM UTC

FINALLY

Let us start with the youtubers. From the start, every time I read about the admins using youtubers to advertise, I either laughed myself to sleep or jumped out my window. It is a strategy that is useless and will not work at this stage we are at. You need to bring players from sites, not youtube. Not to mention the cost some of these guys want, its overall just not worth it. I do not think it will be in the future either, unless someone comes along who will willingly do it and is popular.

On the other hand. We have had some great applicants to join our advertising team and I am very excited to work with them. I see a light at the end of a tunnel for us, which could be big. Also, I have plans for each department of the team, and we are going to be strict to make sure people are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Some new things include

There isnt much I can go into detail about the advertising at this point, but if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask. Hopefully I was able to answer your question.
+1

Ollz7 August 13, 2017 at 9:08 AM UTC

I am currently recording videos on advicus and I plan to apply for YouTube rank soon.

Tazz August 13, 2017 at 5:08 PM UTC

FINALLY

YouTube is the best way to advertise, Avicus just have no money to spend on YouTube advertisement. For the last 2 years the plan has been 'we will when we have more players and therefore more money', but you need an initital investment to get those players. Posighdun still owes the server a hundred fucking dollars so you know ask him. Sites won't work. Make a content creator/ YouTube rank for people who upload, add some requirements. Add a famous rank for people with 5k+ or something. This shit is so basic and has never been done.