Avicus Archive

Thank You and Goodbye. by OPTOBAT March 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM UTC

Hello everyone, this will probably be one of my last, if not my last posts and activities on Avicus.

As of now, I have retired, quit, left, etc. Avicus in every form - In game, the forums,  and YouTube, unless it magically blows up (gets famous), then i MIGHT continue.

There were, are and most likely will be many factors as to why i am departing the game and community, and I will explain it in two ways:

The short version: (For those who don't really know me or care, and/or don't like reading)
Much of the community in the past and recently have accumulated a lot of annoyance and irritation that I just do not want to put up with anymore. Whether it's being rude by swearing, being cocky and opinionated, i don't really care, but over time this has just blown my fuse, and I'm done with people who ruin the game and my time on purpose.

The other main factor is simply, like many other retirees, school. I am well into 10th grade now and i feel like i am being drowned in projects, work, homework and social stress, so much that i can't even get home and find the energy or mood to play Avicus.

The LONG version: (for those who knew me, care or just like reading for the hell of it)
In the past, as mentioned people would grief me, swear at me, accuse me, target me both socially (in chat) and in game, and just generally be nasty to me.
It happens, right?
But after 15 months of constant swearing, hacking, rudeness and straight up asshole attitude and behaviour, it has just gotten to me to the point where it has depleted all of my patience and enjoyment for the server.

As i also mentioned, i am 15 and fighting like hell to keep down the amount of work thrust at me, and at the end of the day, Avicus isn't a delicacy or leisure, but just another chore, as i usually out of energy to even enjoy a computer game by the time I'm finished with a days stress.

The sad part about it is that you never really think or realise how fast time and childhood can accelerate until it is actually happening or happened.
I discovered Avicus December, 2013, where I had just gone from 13 to 14 years old. I was a kid, beginning middle school, chilling with friends, etc. and every day was just another day...
But at about 15 and a half, i am expected of keeping up with new work, understanding money, looking for jobs, worrying about girls..

And Avicus has just shrunk into this additional minority in a packed life.

Of course there's the personal issues with friends, family, etc. basically when shit hits the fan type of thing, and all of these pounding elements have eroded my enjoyment and luxury of playing, so that now i just have to say farewell to all of you and a big thanks to about 90% of all of you for making such a memorable, incredible year and a half on McZone/Avicus.

Now i would have one of those big ass lists but, once again, many, MANY of the friends i want to thank have left, so i guess i will never get to say farewell to them, but thanks to everyone who played with me in game, you surely know who you are.

In future:
I MIGHT be able to find a spare hour or two on weekends or in the holidays to have a quick play and say hello, so you just MIGHT see me at some point i the future.
Same goes for the forums.
When i say I've quit Avicus, i generally mean Minecraft as well, but obviously Avicus has been the spotlight so thanks again!

For my 36 or 37 subscribers or whatever the hell it was, I'm sorry but I've made a pretty obvious decision to quit my YouTube channel, UNLESS it randomly, miraculously becomes popular out of nowhere, then i MIGHT try to keep things running, but yeah, for now I'm done.

Thank you and goodbye. #552

P.S sorry it was so damn long, i never meant to write a fricken novel XD

FrozenSolstice March 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

Aww, OPTO D:

Thanks so much for being such a great friend, and one of my first Avicus friends :)
I loved spending time with you and watching your videos! +1 At those vids!

Good luck in all your future plans, and sorry it had to end like this :(

Bye bud :)
-Sky

thicccdiccc March 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

Bye:(

Rainstruck March 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

Even though I haven't been able to talk to you personally I was really glad that you decided to stay as long as you did. Anyways bye, how to see you around again! :[

Stimulating March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Gl m8 :) 

I guess I'll be there soon, Niner and I'll be going into Gr. 10 next year

StewieFG March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Bye D:
You were an awesome and nice person to talk to, and I have enjoyed playing with you. I wish you good luck in whatever you choose to do, I'm sure you will do great outiside Avicus also.  <3

Tarheelkiwi March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

See you later D:  Good luck in life!

keller183 March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Good Luck with life, dont think ive ever played with you but im sure you were a great player. Another great player gone :'(

Fuseh March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

OPT NUUUUU :(((( , Good luck in live good friend.

EncryptedShoesHD March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Bye buddy. I had same problems, but I decided that I'll actually stay. Playing with you was awesome. Good luck in life!

JJTheGuy March 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM UTC

Aye, I partially know how you feel... High school aint pretty. 

Well, good bye Mr. Opto, and good luck in life!

P.S. You better come back a few times to try out the "Nise Update"!

chaibrit1 March 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Goodbye OPTO, you will be missed :( Good luck in life!

Lavish March 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Its been good havin you around, cya bud.

ImRaging March 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM UTC

Bye opto, wish you all the best for the future.

HentieSenpai March 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Lata boy
See you next time

PokerFace March 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Bye OPTOFINE ;(

Atdit March 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

Bye!

OriginaI March 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM UTC

Cya OpTo, I have had some great times with you.

OPTOBAT March 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

Thanks everyone, appreciate it :')

Shoto_ March 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

Bye OPTO :( good luck in life!

Sevoo March 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

Bye :(

_Jupiter March 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

Bye!

TheMasterClock March 3, 2015 at 3:03 AM UTC

Sad to see you go. Goodbye Opto and good luck in life.

RightSide March 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM UTC

Not a other person ! everyone is leaving cri see ya man :)

BourbonBonobo March 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM UTC

Hey man, I will miss seeing you on the server.. I really hope that your life will be successful. You're making the right decision to move on from Avicus, and focus more on being successful. I totally understand why you want to move on, and fully accept that. Furthermore, enjoy 10th grade, do your best. You'll be missed man. Come back sometime, and say hi :)

-Sham

Emmaye March 3, 2015 at 7:03 AM UTC

It was nice knowing you, good luck on your future endeavors.

_WittLowry_ March 3, 2015 at 1:03 PM UTC

cya

OPTOBAT March 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM UTC

thanks, good luck to you all as well :)

OPTOBAT March 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM UTC

Hey man, I will miss seeing you on the server.. I really hope that your life will be successful. You're making the right decision to move on from Avicus, and focus more on being successful. I totally understand why you want to move on, and fully accept that. Furthermore, enjoy 10th grade, do your best. You'll be missed man. Come back sometime, and say hi :)

-Sham
thanks man, full respect :)
Good luck to you too!

PlatinumWarfare March 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM UTC

Wish you well in life from all of us+Avicus Community. 

-PlatinumWarfare

OPTOBAT March 8, 2015 at 5:03 AM UTC

Wish you well in life from all of us+Avicus Community. 

-PlatinumWarfare
Thanks platinum :)

Mehrp March 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

I didn't know you. But that won't stop me from missing another guy leaving, have fun in life and don't stop eating biscuits ^-^

smitdaIt March 8, 2015 at 9:03 PM UTC

buy

OPTOBAT March 10, 2015 at 12:03 AM UTC

I didn't know you. But that won't stop me from missing another guy leaving, have fun in life and don't stop eating biscuits ^-^
ahaha i won't :) biscuits for life <3