Avicus Archive

Leaving and things I have noticed lately by Goodnighht September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

I haven't been playing on Avicus basically ever, and I've decided to make this post as to why, and maybe give some tips to help. First off I won't be leaving completely, just will rarely be playing, and not really be a part of the community much anymore. The main reason I have stopped playing was because I have noticed that most of the people have been very rude lately, and it's just not a fun environment anymore. 

I'm going to list a few things that Avicus can work on, some of them the staff team knows about, some maybe not. I don't want to cause a fight over this, I just wanted to point out the things I have noticed that needs fixed, I'm not going to be rude about it, I want this to be a calm post.

1. Block lag. This has been around for much, much too long, it needs to be fixed. <3

2. Bans that have been very, very wrong. An example is OpticSlinky. I was not there when this happened, but she was not hacking as far as I know, and she was banned for x-ray, fast ladder climb, and no head. This seems very strange to me. I have talked to her a little bit, and she said she was not hacking when this happened. I have also talked to people that were there, they all have said that she was not hacking. (This post was not to get her unbanned, I just have noticed a lot of bans for bad reasons, and I know the most about this one.)

3. Making tournaments for other games than DTM, there was a post about this not too long about, but it got a lot of hate from DTM players that find walls dumb. I understand that some of you don't like walls because it takes too long or what ever, but we have DTM tournaments a lot more than we do walls. Plus Avicus can't survive on only DTM. Advertising other games would be very helpful to Avicus. And it gives the walls people to get something for us, not just you guys. I also saw some DTM people that liked this idea, so I'm not just hating on DTM people, most of you are nice. <3

Rainstruck September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

:( I'm crying right now man! I'll always miss playing with you on walls.

Gl in life though!

SnowSX3 September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Optic was caught using x-ray and fast ladder. I won't say much but it was pretty conclusive.

Once we upgrade the server fully to 1.8 it will be easier to pinpoint the cause of some of the lag that's present on Avicus.

Robin_DD_J September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

I think blocklag is getting fixed in this upcomming update kylo is talking about.

Did you ask her to appeal? She should do that if you thinks the ban was wrong. It takes like 5 minutes :/

I think avicus should focus on Nebula tournaments because Walls isn't very developed as the Nebula servers are. But I'm going to admit, it would be pretty sick to have a walls tournament.

Wahiz September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Cya Micah and can you forgive me for being mean and rude to you in the olden days

Mehrp September 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM UTC

Micah! D: I've rarely seen you as I don't often play walls or cth but what I have seen was a very nice guy =) I agree with all your points as well :P come back sometime ^-^

Goodnighht September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

@Snow I'm not gonna disagree :p but I put what I know about that, and of course, she could have been. 

@RileGuy <3

@Sheep_Ship I forgive you ;) <3

@Robin I didn't tell her to appeal, she said she was planning on it, and she could have been hacking, like I said, I wasn't there :)

@Awesomerp I'll be on sometimes, just hardly ever. I'm not leaving Minecraft :)

steven5703 September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

1 Yeah there have been around a thousand posts about this. It can't really be fixed until Avicus updates fully to 1.8 (as I've heard)
2 She was hacking. If opticslinky wants to see the evidence (she hasn't requested for it yet) I will gladly show it to her, and if she wants, she can show it to you. Don't assume things. You weren't there.
3 Agreed

Anyway, cya later man, didn't really get to talk to you that much

iiDarudePvP September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

1 Yeah there have been around a thousand posts about this. It can't really be fixed until Avicus updates fully to 1.8 (as I've heard)
2 She was hacking. If opticslinky wants to see the evidence (she hasn't requested for it yet) I will gladly show it to her, and if she wants, she can show it to you. Don't assume things. You weren't there.
3 Agreed

Anyway, cya later man, didn't really get to talk to you that much
can i see it, im just interested.

BoldAndBrash September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

can i see it, im just interested.
Actually, that's not allowed. If she decides to show you, turns its fine.

iiDarudePvP September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Actually, that's not allowed. If she decides to show you, turns its fine.
y cant i see it?

TheTNTPotato September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

"Bans that have been very, very wrong. An example is OpticSlinky."

I was one of the mods that watched her, and confirmed that she did use hacks. She later admitted that she used the hacks that she was banned for. I know plenty of infractions that are false, but this is not one of them.

Can't really comment on the third point, but #1 is certainly an issue that needs to be fixed. xd

vladthegreat100 September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

1. The 1.8 update to the server should fix most/all of the block lag
2. I have no idea but she better appeal/check the evidence first before concluding that bans/mods are bad cause of that (I'm guessing she is cause she was saying it was a "false ban"
3. Our next tourney is CTW, not dtm yo. And remember, we have only had 1 Avicus tournament lol. So DTM was the first gamemode we covered since it's the main gamemode

ClubberNugget September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Micah nuuuuu my bro....(Its Random btw)

I would like to point out, as vlad said, we've only had 1 tourney, so you cant really complain about it only being dtm since there's only been one dtm tourney XD But anywho, i would love a walls tourney >:D

Bai Micah, ill miss ya....stay team sick...<3

steven5703 September 21, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

y cant i see it?
Because its none of your business

piratewithgun September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

I agree with everything you say and everything you ever will say and have said

Wahiz September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

@Snow I'm not gonna disagree :p but I put what I know about that, and of course, she could have been. 

@RileGuy <3

@Sheep_Ship I forgive you ;) <3

@Robin I didn't tell her to appeal, she said she was planning on it, and she could have been hacking, like I said, I wasn't there :)

@Awesomerp I'll be on sometimes, just hardly ever. I'm not leaving Minecraft :)
Thanks 4 forgiving me and I wish I didn't get banned or you would still be here if I ever got unbanned I wasn't always a jerk or a douche like I was be for and love you forevr bby <3

Petlas September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Cya Micah, I'll miss seeing you hanging around walls ;c

I am sick of this. Stop going on about walls players and how they are different to nebula players. I am sick of hearing all this stuff about "Walls players are quite ez to kill" or that shit. As patrikano said saying no offence doesn't gvie you the right to do this. If avicus keeps complaining about how walls players are different I am just gonna lose it. We are all human, we all like different things. "They don't know how to create a team". This is sad because about 98% walls players are in a team and own the team. Iz and I made a team and I am a walls player. Coco and ezzzSniper made a team and they are walls players. Random guy made a team and he is a walls player. You stop assuming. I swear if I get banned for flaming I will kill myself. This is me stating a point!
Lolololololol it cracks me up when people think walls players are e.z I dare some nebula players to 1v1 them they will lose there shit on how surprised on how good we really are

Patrikano September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Take a chill pill mate. Yes, Eako did make a generalisation about Walls players which may be wrong, but calm down. It's not that bad.
I'm chill. I don't see where you would think that I was not 'chill' i'm just making a point. Which, after reading all your guys post. I realised was a common thing to do.

Well....I mean...That was quite a speech...But I do agree with what you said. I also remember somebody saying that killing walls players was easy, which kinda annoyed me to say the least.
^ pat ask some neb players to fight ya you'll make them run because your the god of walls currently <3 p.s If your still around and I comeback you better watch yourself because I may or may not want my walls title back :D

FrozenSolstice September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

I'm chill. I don't see where you would think that I was not 'chill' i'm just making a point. Which, after reading all your guys post. I realised was a common thing to do.
"Now I'm angry."

You were not calm there.

As I pointed out earlier, yes, the generalisation was incorrect, and Walls players can be just as good as any other players. Though, it IS just a block game, I don't understand why you overreacted.

^ pat ask some neb players to fight ya you'll make them run because your the god of walls currently <3 p.s If your still around and I comeback you better watch yourself because I may or may not want my walls title back :D
Heh, thanks.....I guess? :D

MasterProX September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Woah, woah, woah WOAH. Ok, saying 'no offense' does not make it fine to bitch about walls players.

Many walls players know about the forums, but just don't post on it, and you just assume that we wouldn't get organised...How? How do you have the right to say that we could not get organised? I disagree with your last point there...I don't want an argument. But currently you are shedding no light for us walls players...If there was a walls tourney, we would join. And so would nebula teams.
Calm down, it was an opinionated assumption — he never complained about anything or anyone. The only issue here is that you, among others, are overreacting and taking what he said as an offensive personal attack, which is not what he intended (or even did, for that matter). Moreover, it's already been thoroughly discussed in the past, and hosting a Walls tournament was determined not to be a viable option because of the nature of the game. As such, Walls would only be suited for mini-events, of which I believe some have already been held.

"Now I'm angry."

You were not calm there.

As I pointed out earlier, yes, the generalisation was incorrect, and Walls players can be just as good as any other players. Though, it IS just a block game, I don't understand why you overreacted.
Usually people use caps to show even more anger. Yet I barely sweared. But I will not argue about something as pointless as this.

But you should first look at some other posts that people have made before judging mine. Looking at itzrilo's post would be a good example. I agree with what he said, but he did over react.

And yes, I know it's a block game. I mean everyone who plays minecraft knows that...Right?

Can we stop with the so-called argument that we are currently having? Or are you just going to keep on telling me to take chill pills till I choke on those damn things?

P.S I am 'chill'

FrozenSolstice September 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Usually people use caps to show even more anger. Yet I barely sweared. But I will not argue about something as pointless as this.

But you should first look at some other posts that people have made before judging mine. Looking at itzrilo's post would be a good example. I agree with what he said, but he did over react.

And yes, I know it's a block game. I mean everyone who plays minecraft knows that...Right?

Can we stop with the so-called argument that we are currently having? Or are you just going to keep on telling me to take chill pills till I choke on those damn things?

P.S I am 'chill'
Don't choke yourself, thanks.

I'll stop arguing also, my apologies for voicing my opinion and stepping in.

Calm down, it was an opinionated assumption — he never complained about anything or anyone. The only issue here is that you, among others, are overreacting and taking what he said as an offensive personal attack, which is not what he intended (or even did, for that matter). Moreover, it's already been thoroughly discussed in the past, and hosting a Walls tournament was determined not to be a viable option because of the nature of the game. As such, Walls would only be suited for mini-events, of which I believe some have already been held.
Mhm, another one...Yes I am calm. I have already taken my so-called 'chill pills.' Now will I stop getting told to calm down?

Don't choke yourself, thanks.

I'll stop arguing also, my apologies for voicing my opinion and stepping in.
Nice to see you care for me <3

Rainstruck September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Take a chill pill mate. Yes, Eako did make a generalisation about Walls players which may be wrong, but calm down. It's not that bad.
Oh how small the CTH community is on this server...

Okiba September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Rip Panda :C I will miss you <3

Numberz_ September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

This is a leaving post, not a flame war keep on topic please.

BoldAndBrash September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Nice to see you care for me <3
First things first, this is a leaving post so you need to calm down and stay on topic. If you want to continue complaining add me on skype - dabadger.sweggington.

Goodnighht September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Woah, woah, woah WOAH. Ok, saying 'no offense' does not make it fine to bitch about walls players.

Many walls players know about the forums, but just don't post on it, and you just assume that we wouldn't get organised...How? How do you have the right to say that we could not get organised? I disagree with your last point there...I don't want an argument. But currently you are shedding no light for us walls players...If there was a walls tourney, we would join. And so would nebula teams.
Oh please, you know it's true, most of the walls players don't know about the forums. The well known ones do, but most of them don't. Let's not turn this into a war. <3

PokerFace September 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

You people argue too violently.

I would really like everbody to remember this is a leaving post with feedback, not a thread for arguing.

jracer15 September 22, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

You were a great player Micah, will be missed!  Hopefully Avicus will fixed these issues(I'm pretty sure they will plan a walls tourney, like random and vlad said, there's only been one tourney)

kycrafft September 22, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

Lolololololol it cracks me up when people think walls players are e.z I dare some nebula players to 1v1 them they will lose there shit on how surprised on how good we really are
Look, I think I have the right to speak for both the walls and nebula community, and I'm going to say that even the best walls players will probably find it hard to beat most Capture/Destroy the objective players. Until you guys fight it out somewhere and see who wins, that's how my views are going to stay.

ClubberNugget September 22, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Erm, I'm a walls player and I know that nebula players are better at pvp, they face it more, they are in pvp 24/7 (unless rushing)
Walls players don't face as much pvp, so we don't have as much experience.
We have ten minutes of zero combat! XD
Where during that time, a dtm match is already knees deep in combat.  It's just the truth, now there may be exceptions, like Endertrevor and Porcupine, that maybe could beat some decent nebula players, but overall, a decent walls player isn't the same level as a nebula player.

Just being honest here and stating some things that I think should be considered, love ya guys <3

Bai again micah XD

EnderTrevor September 22, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

Welp. Since I don't know if I will ever see you in game again, see ya and good luck. You were a great person and maybe we'll meet up. Anyways, rip the dream. 
                                                                      As always,
                                                                          Trev

JJTheGuy September 22, 2015 at 4:09 AM UTC

Holy shit, flame war OP. 

Nebula players have more experience in one game of nebula in PvP than walls players get in 10 games (well, unless you were there in the OG days with the tons of people and you hunted). 

OP: See ya michah, sad to see you go. :c

Patrikano September 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Oh please, you know it's true, most of the walls players don't know about the forums. The well known ones do, but most of them don't. Let's not turn this into a war. <3
I don't actually. But alright. I do apologise for arguing in your leaving post, of course nobody replied to itzrilo's post...I guess I was 'special'

But sadly that's not a good thing :D

I didn't know you too much. But I do remember playing walls with you. I do remember getting wins with you that we shouldn't of won, and it was fun. Don't leave forever :D Bye

Coco_stag September 22, 2015 at 7:09 AM UTC

Anyways, Bye Micah :( You were a cool guy who always 8-blocked me in walls :( cya buddy