Avicus Archive

Please Help? by Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 2:06 AM UTC

Ok I have a question and so you know this is not an appeal I just have to know about how it works. So I got four day temp ban for profanity and yet as you can see in the photos below everyone else gets 1 day or a few hours ban. Now since this was a forums report there must be a video and I would ask if possible if I could see it just to know what I did wrong. When I was in game me CrafterPete and MLGPorky were fooling around in chat not being mean to anyone else but as joke towards each other. Anyway if any staff could comment below with the reason why mine ban was 4 days would be very helpful and if you could send me the video thanks.
Just some examples

Titan16 June 9, 2014 at 2:06 AM UTC

Punishments vary on the level of how badly you were breaking the rules. Also, you could get a longer tempban if you had been punished for the same reason before, thus fairly receiving a longer punishment the next time.

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

Punishments vary on the level of how badly you were breaking the rules. Also, you could get a longer tempban if you had been punished for the same reason before, thus fairly receiving a longer punishment the next time.
Ok still does not make total sense to me yet.

MajestysDream June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

I am not trying to make a big deal here or anything but, he wasn't saying much, and you got someone nice like himself, and you temp ban him for 4 days? Now, you guys may know this guy DRmom678 and he is the true definition of profanity. All of his infractions are profanity and caps and things like that, and he is WAY worse than 99250, yet DRmom678's longest temp ban was only for 2 hours. I don't understand.

vladthegreat100 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

I am not trying to make a big deal here or anything but, he wasn't saying much, and you got someone nice like himself, and you temp ban him for 4 days? Now, you guys may know this guy DRmom678 and he is the true definition of profanity. All of his infractions are profanity and caps and things like that, and he is WAY worse than 99250, yet DRmom678's longest temp ban was only for 2 hours. I don't understand.
o.o wtf thats true.... derp time...

goldenwalrus909 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

Darn, I hate it when unfair things like this happen ):
Maybe the mod was in a good mood or it was a different mod than the one who punished 99 and (s)he felt like profanity wasn't that big of a deal. I don't know, I hope the mods didn't intend to treat this person unfairly... Also, what exactly did 99250 say and what was the situation? Let's try to be mature and use this as information, not just a bad thing to say.

MajestysDream June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

I think I left when this happened, though by the looks of what we were doing and stuff were not that bad enough to result in a
4 day temp ban.

goldenwalrus909 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

What he's trying to say is that if you've broken the rules multiple times, you'll get punished longer because the mods are concerned if you're punished for the same length each time, you'll just get back on break the rules, be banned again, repeat. 
Also, if you're badly breaking the rules, you're punishment will be longer than if you're not breaking the rules as badly. Example: if someone says "F*ck" in chat, they might get a short ban. If someone spams "F*CK YOU" in chat, they'll get a longer ban because they were acting more severely and being worse than the person who only cussed once.

What he's trying to say is that if you've broken the rules multiple times, you'll get punished longer because the mods are concerned if you're punished for the same length each time, you'll just get back on break the rules, be banned again, repeat. 
Also, if you're badly breaking the rules, you're punishment will be longer than if you're not breaking the rules as badly. Example: if someone says "F*ck" in chat, they might get a short ban. If someone spams "F*CK YOU" in chat, they'll get a longer ban because they were acting more severely and being worse than the person who only cussed once.
Well see we were just talking playing around but one more thing I would like to know is what map where we reported on because Pete did not join until Senex when we were just fooling around and building stuff.

legosean10 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

I also changes on the staff. I am probably one of the most lenient staff on the server, in terms of punishments. I usually don't ban anyone for more than 60 days unless it it outright forcefield or aimbot.

vladthegreat100 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

I also changes on the staff. I am probably one of the most lenient staff on the server, in terms of punishments. I usually don't ban anyone for more than 60 days unless it it outright forcefield or aimbot.
how does a tempban of more than 60 days go with unfair banning of profanity o.o

ilikepiecc10 June 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

Well see we were just talking playing around but one more thing I would like to know is what map where we reported on because Pete did not join until Senex when we were just fooling around and building stuff.
I bet it was on Senex. Pete wasnt even there on the maps before that and you werent doing anything  before Senex either.  I agree you werent as bad as other ppls, I hope your punishment gets shortened! gl :)

And also I emailed [email protected] to appeal how long should it take to get a response?

vladthegreat100 June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

And also I emailed [email protected] to appeal how long should it take to get a response?
contact howsie or avigill, takes a week or two to get your email seen... emailing is a waste unless you are banned for at least a month

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

contact howsie or avigill, takes a week or two to get your email seen... emailing is a waste unless you are banned for at least a month
I sent the same email to AviGill on Skype.

steven5703 June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_fJQeUVAaE vs You swearing a few times.
jaket got a perm ban (because of how many infractions he has and the servere amount of disrespect he did), while you got a tempban for 4 days.

Even if you only sweared like 5 times, you don't deserve a 4 day tempban..

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_fJQeUVAaE vs You swearing a few times.
jaket got a perm ban (because of how many infractions he has and the servere amount of disrespect he did), while you got a tempban for 4 days.

Even if you only sweared like 5 times, you don't deserve a 4 day tempban..
Wow that's a lot of swearing.

MissCarmel June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

Weren't you making a strip club? That is not appropriate on avicus because we try to keep the community clean for all ages. It really depends on whoever punished you and how bad they thought it was. I may of only temp banned them because they said a few vulgar things compared to something else.

goldenwalrus909 June 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

A four day temp-ban for making a strip club? .-.
Don't you think that's a little much? 
Strip clubs don't show anything explicit and really aren't that "bad"...
I highly doubt anyone would care.. ._.

i care.

i care 4 the booty.

i like strip clubs as much as i like trains.

Strip clubs aren't really that bad like goldie said.
Unless theres like poles and people shifting on them.

_DC June 9, 2014 at 7:06 AM UTC

If you're being immature to that kind of level then you should be temporally banned for a few days in my opinion.
Maybe a staff meeting should be in order so that all staff deal the exact same punishments?

build_high June 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM UTC

Just deal with it, 
you got a reasonably harsh punishment but it's just 4 days.
i know it may seem unfair but different mods deal different punishments and you got a harsh one.

EDIT: emeraldsword gives out harsh punishments compared to other mods

Warundell_12 June 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM UTC

Avicus staff just are unfair. I guess they are all stricter or different in a way..

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

Weren't you making a strip club? That is not appropriate on avicus because we try to keep the community clean for all ages. It really depends on whoever punished you and how bad they thought it was. I may of only temp banned them because they said a few vulgar things compared to something else.
I was not helping them at first.

NewVoltdrive June 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

How bad could a strip club be in Minecraft? The worst you could get is if you got a naked skin girl shifting on a pole made of fences.

goldenwalrus909 June 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

How bad could a strip club be in Minecraft? The worst you could get is if you got a naked skin girl shifting on a pole made of fences.
Yeah... really..
I don't see what the big deal is here .-.

Porkyyy June 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

Since when was this a strip club...? I thought jord named it the kool kids klub... isn't that what he evem wrote on the sign?

carrie_may June 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Well tbh i feel bad for you guys because the punishment is just really unjust and harsh. I didnt see anything what's wrong with the pics that you've posted and also what have you guys done with "profanity" that you were temp banned for 4 days. There are many others out there who are even using unpleasant words including those people who are cursing one another or cursing themselves that weren't temp banned for 4 days or more. This punishment is bullcrap no offence

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Well this really makes me mad at this server if you must punish make it fair and for good reasons.

Ducksfanwaterloo June 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

Well tbh i feel bad for you guys because the punishment is just really unjust and harsh. I didnt see anything what's wrong with the pics that you've posted and also what have you guys done with "profanity" that you were temp banned for 4 days. There are many others out there who are even using unpleasant words including those people who are cursing one another or cursing themselves that weren't temp banned for 4 days or more. This punishment is bullcrap no offence
The punishments handed out to them weren't based off of the pictures he posted...

MajestysDream June 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

First of all, when was this a damn strip club? Plus, 4 damn days for this little amount of profanity. Like, damn.

EDIT: So, let me get this straight. So, you temp ban me and a few others for profanity while we were just making a base that wasn't even supposed to be a strip club, the only thing that involved profanity about what we were doing is the fact that we had to keep our leather pants off, which really shouldn't result in a 4 day temp ban. BUT, you would only temp ban this one kid DRmom678 for only 2 damn hours and he did much MUCH more that what we did. This is completely stupid. I understand that different moderators have different feelings on what punishments they gave they should give to someone, but this is just stupid. This is not an appeal, but I hope you can understand.

carrie_may June 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

The punishments handed out to them weren't based off of the pictures he posted...
Ik. 99 explain the story to me which is he'd done nothing wrong about it.

Ingigo June 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

Seems a bit harsh but I was tempbanned for 9 days because my clicking was so fast xD 30 clicks per second does seem a bit OP xD I got appealed within 1 day when I presented my evidence! This ban should be for like 5 hours or something!

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

Seems a bit harsh but I was tempbanned for 9 days because my clicking was so fast xD 30 clicks per second does seem a bit OP xD I got appealed within 1 day when I presented my evidence! This ban should be for like 5 hours or something!
A day or a few hours is what everyone else who get's banned for profanity/swearing.
Why was I different?

Ingigo June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

A day or a few hours is what everyone else who get's banned for profanity/swearing.
Why was I different?
What mod was it, depends on the mod, also I believe that swearing should a kick or a short period like 1 day or few hours! This is how I would do it!

What mod was it, depends on the mod, also I believe that swearing should a kick or a short period like 1 day or few hours! This is how I would do it!
The Mod was EmeraldSword85 from what I heard he is one of the most strict Mods.

Ingigo June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

He is one of the strictest, I agree! But it does teach people a lesson thou like if he bans someone for 1 month, they will learn their lesson, ask for an appeal...

MajestysDream June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

"Ask for an appeal." The temp ban is for 3 days not 1 month.

Ducksfanwaterloo June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

He isn't nearly as strict as everyone says he is

JCoIe June 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

Wow, you have gone far in this topic! I made  a topic about unfair decisions and it was stopped in 15 minutes. Anyways, I agree sometime I wish there were stricter rules that all mods have to follow no matter their opinion.

He is one of the strictest, I agree! But it does teach people a lesson thou like if he bans someone for 1 month, they will learn their lesson, ask for an appeal...
I have emailed [email protected] and sent the same message to AviGill on Skype last night hopeful I get a response. Even if I don't get unbanned I hope to get the ban removed from my infractions.

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

"Ask for an appeal." The temp ban is for 3 days not 1 month.
This is the only server I play on.

He isn't nearly as strict as everyone says he is
I said he is "one" of the strictest Mods.

hpux June 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

To be honest, for all the people saying it depends on whether the mod is in a good mood or not, most staff don't give punishments depending on their mood. For example, if I'm happy IRL and someone is hacking I'm not going to tempban them instead of perm banning them. Same goes for most infractions. Also, Emerald may have a different opinion on what the punishment should be for profanity.

To be honest, for all the people saying it depends on whether the mod is in a good mood or not, most staff don't give punishments depending on their mood. For example, if I'm happy IRL and someone is hacking I'm not going to tempban them instead of perm banning them. Same goes for most infractions. Also, Emerald may have a different opinion on what the punishment should be for profanity.
But that is the problem is some bans that should be worse are not and some that are should not be are long bans.

MajestysDream June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

The moderators shouldn't have certain feelings on what certain punishment should be given to some one for what they have done. Say some one repeatedly spams "F*ck" in chat and a moderator feels that it is necessary to temp ban that person for only 1 day. Someone could also spam "f*ck" and a different moderator will feel that it is necessary to permanent ban that player. That is unfair, and is basically what is going on now. There need to be specific punishments for what people do, not what the moderator feels should happen.

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

The moderators shouldn't have certain feelings on what certain punishment should be given to some one for what they have done. Say some one repeatedly spams "F*ck" in chat and a moderator feels that it is necessary to temp ban that person for only 1 day. Someone could also spam "f*ck" and a different moderator will feel that it is necessary to permanent ban that player. That is unfair, and is basically what is going on now. There need to be specific punishments for what people do, not what the moderator feels should happen.
Exactly.

NewVoltdrive June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

I agree. We need a strict set of punishments for every mod to follow.
Here is another example. I report someone for hacking on the forums. Nolan decides to perma-ban person. Then I post another report for hacking of the same kind, and alex decides to temp-ban 1 month. If we had a strict set of punishments, then no one would get lucky because they got a lenient moderator. Or no one would get unlucky because they got a strict moderator.
(not trying to bash alex, he is cool.)

MissCarmel June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Wow, you have gone far in this topic! I made  a topic about unfair decisions and it was stopped in 15 minutes. Anyways, I agree sometime I wish there were stricter rules that all mods have to follow no matter their opinion.
We aren't robots.... I went on this server where mods were forced to enforce rules that were discriminating to people who weren't English and so I would not enforce those rules. We are human beings so we do have our own opinions but maybe a bit more clear template of how we should punish is in order. Emmy just did what he felt was appropriate given you had a sin saying strip club! And everything. Do you really think that's appropriate for all ages?

Porkyyy June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

We aren't robots.... I went on this server where mods were forced to enforce rules that were discriminating to people who weren't English and so I would not enforce those rules. We are human beings so we do have our own opinions but maybe a bit more clear template of how we should punish is in order. Emmy just did what he felt was appropriate given you had a sin saying strip club! And everything. Do you really think that's appropriate for all ages?
I still don't know how people thought this was a strip club...?

NewVoltdrive June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Well, we aren't telling you to ban Spanish people. But the sign didn't say any thing about a strip club. (Although I will admit, Kool Kids Klub was a bit offensive.) Plus, do you really think 99250 is worse than some of the swearers you have seen before?

MissCarmel June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Me and ducks were in game and there was a sign saying strip club below on top of your little club. Maybe he isn't a eager but he still could have got some people pretty offended and angry

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

Me and ducks were in game and there was a sign saying strip club below on top of your little club. Maybe he isn't a eager but he still could have got some people pretty offended and angry
You were in that game was I saying or doing anything offense?

Mooch24 June 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

You were in that game was I saying or doing anything offense?
TBH, a strip club really isn't appropriate.

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

TBH, a strip club really isn't appropriate.
I was only building this http://avicus.net/forums/ff2adcd50 it was not a strip club.

Ducksfanwaterloo June 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

I was only building this http://avicus.net/forums/ff2adcd50 it was not a strip club.
What about the place before this one?  With the bed and poles?

Numberz_ June 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

I did not build that one.

Porkyyy June 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

We got in the game AFTER that place was made.
Since that side was used, we started working on a club on the other side.
I just went into the old one to see what was there.

MajestysDream June 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

We only put the fences near the beds as a decoration. Also, we did not put the sign Strip Club Below.

Numberz_ June 10, 2014 at 2:06 AM UTC

Well I guess this server is just messed up. I don't even feel that I want to play on it after I get unbanned. I would come back if you ever make it so Mods have rules to follow when they ban a player.

JCoIe June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

And yet you still allow curse words to be spammed everywhere? Sure it may be against the rules but you could at least but the asterisks instead. Do you think that is appropriate for all ages?

keenanjt June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

And yet you still allow curse words to be spammed everywhere? Sure it may be against the rules but you could at least but the asterisks instead. Do you think that is appropriate for all ages?
It's against the rules to spam and also to use words not appropriate for all audiences. Staff can enforce this better than a computer.

JCoIe June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

It's against the rules to spam and also to use words not appropriate for all audiences. Staff can enforce this better than a computer.
I will have to disagree with you. Before Avicore, I rarely saw a curse word since it would not let them do it, so people did not bother cursing. Now, people are free to curse as long as they want until a mod comes. Why cant we have that old system back, it will be just as effective if we have that and if mods could enforce. 

Emmaye June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dac_ByONKE
this should break the ice -.-

carrie_may June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dac_ByONKE
this should break the ice -.-
At least they're not wearing skins which are naked... That's far too worse...

At least they're not wearing skins which are naked... That's far too worse...
If you watch the whole video, lots of inappropriate content

If you watch the whole video, lots of inappropriate content
I watched the whole video... Which is they're not wearing naked skins plus.. I know you're saying it's inapproriate and yes. But still... They're not wearing naked skins which is that's far worse than you thought and what they're doing about strip clubbing is not really much of a profanity since they're not like saying things like "ooohhh let me see your D or pus..." or etc like the actual strip club in rl life (that's what i observed)

I watched the whole video... Which is they're not wearing naked skins plus.. I know you're saying it's inapproriate and yes. But still... They're not wearing naked skins which is that's far worse than you thought and what they're doing about strip clubbing is not really much of a profanity since they're not like saying things like "ooohhh let me see your D or pus..." or etc like the actual strip club in rl life (that's what i observed)
You should read what the signs said too again

MustardMan227 June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

That video bout cleared it up... but all I really saw 99 do was block up wood between the fences and say "^" and "PANTS OFF" not much for a four day ban...

You should read what the signs said too again
I did saw it now. The cockslapped thing is a little too much and the best strip clubber for mlg is just a little too much too. I know it's really bad but the punishment it's just way too much.

zaidms0987 June 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM UTC

That video bout cleared it up... but all I really saw 99 do was block up wood between the fences and say "^" and "PANTS OFF" not much for a four day ban...
I have to agree with this. There was bad stuff in this, but 99 didn't do things as bad as others, so they don't really deserve an equal punishment

This is absolutely true and i agree with you mustard

SpicyTunaRoll9 June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

*Puts signs:
-Cockslapped
-I'm a good Stripper
-Important rule you take your pants off.

*Arranges wood into resembling a penis in a chest.

*Types in chat
-Pants off
-Pay me
-The Stripper is here
-Whacha gonna do with that big fat butt
-Tells players who come into the club repeatedly to take their pants off.
-Club name referencing to the KKK. 

"Ermahgerd im innocent emmy is teh strict mod!!11" "You shouldn't temp ban us because there are people who did it way more than us!" "We didn't do much!" 
Yeah right. Clean up your damn act. I highly disagree that you (referencing all the players that did the actions listed above) "didn't do much".  All of this is very inappropriate in my opinion. Also there are players that are YOUNG who come on Avicus and not only did you use profanity, but you made a subtle racist reference to the KKK. As for 99250, he punishment should not be as severe, but he still contributed so he should be punished along with the other players.

Emmaye June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

I made the ban 2.5 days to be fair, but for some reason it turned into 4 days

carrie_may June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

I made the ban 2.5 days to be fair, but for some reason it turned into 4 days
Well make 99's ban less since he didnt do and say anything wrong he's just throwing blocks to mlg ._.

Phobiaxx June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

sigh.... why did you guys have to do this? D:
ew...

Emmaye June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

Well make 99's ban less since he didnt do and say anything wrong he's just throwing blocks to mlg ._.
I don't possess the power and rights to edit infractions

carrie_may June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

I don't possess the power and rights to edit infractions
Aww... Ok

MajestysDream June 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM UTC

Looking more into what happened and all that, I do realize what I have done was wrong. I am sorry, and I will try to not have this happen again. I am very sorry.

Numberz_ June 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

After watching the video my actions look a lot worse from that point of view. I would like to apologize for my actions I am truly sorry.

Porkyyy June 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

This won't happen again from either of us. We understand the punishment.

Zedther June 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM UTC

Mlgporky how coulchoo
bad piggeh
#Hippocrate for the win

vladthegreat100 June 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM UTC

erm, 1 question, wai did crafterpete add my name when he said minecraft nastiness with [insert other names] and vladthegreat100 at the start of the vid? o.e wasn't even there...

Polar_Express June 10, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

anyone know why we are getting booted like a million times today -? as for the bans who cares don't do it and don't worry.