Avicus Archive

Map Developer by gingus2611 June 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Hey guys I'm hoping for an answer from a staff member. so do you become a map developer like Evocal???

Joao_Victor June 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Map Developers are hand-picked.

gingus2611 June 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

sorry i meant how can you become a map developer and if so, would i be able to be one

gingus2611 June 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

thx NolanDalton, how do you handpick them?

Ogrey June 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

thx NolanDalton, how do you handpick them?
Handpick: to choose (something or someone) carefully by yourself instead of letting someone else do it.

You have to stand out in many aspects such as creativity, personality and how useful/helpful you are overall.
You need to have a good taste in maps, be a good builder (overall), know how to code YML properly, etc.

gingus2611 June 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

Thx evocal, so if I create lots of cool maps etc then i could become a map developer
?

OriginaI June 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

I know you want a answer from evocal but i can kinda sum it up, If you create alot of cool/creative maps that stands out from the others, and you start being a more recongnized builder your chances will get bigger. You have to really try and put alot of hard work into trying to be a map developer. One will not just get it easily...Stand out, As I to am trying to get map developer to, It will be a challenge but I will at least try!

gingus2611 June 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

thanks, do you wanna make a map together then??? i have loads of good ideas, but alright at building