Avicus Archive

Y'all f*cked up (my rant) by JCoIe September 29, 2016 at 12:09 AM UTC

Ok, so ive given it some time since the update, and now im here to express my disgust. Atlas was a complete f*ck up, the point of an update is to boost enthusiasm, love for the server, and number of players. Atlas did none of that. We are averaging less players than before, there is less activity on the forums, and there is less communication between players in-game. I have been playing Avicus for over 3 years now, and this is one of the worst things I have experienced. I returned from my hiatus to a beautiful avicus, yes it was smaller, but the community was just as welcoming as before. I was getting back into the server and the community....and then Atlas came, and it ruined my whole "comeback." Atlas, turned me away, it made me not want to come back...

The point of this thread isnt to just be a rant, I want to help Avicus, I want to help improve it. I have a few suggestions:

1) Next time, dont f*cking release something that isnt finished, the unfinished, unpolished, and unplayable update at first was the leading factor into driving away most of the players.The dev's desire to just f*cking releasing something was the leading factor in Atlas being a mess up

2) Next time, be original, i've heard many people talk about how Atlas is just an unpolished version of OCN, and I agree. The death message, the small scale hub, the added game modes all show unoriginal work. This does not bode well with new players from OCN and returning players who are aware of OCN.

SnowSX3 September 29, 2016 at 12:09 AM UTC

I have to agree.

This update felt very rushed in the end.

They did a terrible job testing the update prior to release,

and the consequences are as you said,

smaller player base,
less income,
lower reputation.

dev_revs September 29, 2016 at 2:09 AM UTC

I like frenzy

ALM September 29, 2016 at 3:09 AM UTC

I like frenzy
Same!

keenanjt September 29, 2016 at 3:09 AM UTC

There are many threads where you can provide constructive feedback if you would like! I'll paraphrase what admins and developers have stated already in various places:

We tested in alpha publicly - you or others in this thread may have been there - and we encountered a host of bugs which were fixed promptly. Once Atlas was in public beta and live on our main IP, we faced issues which could not have been reliably predicted. The biggest issue, our tablist, only became an issue during large, active matches. That was fixed after a day and the server was free of any major, game-changing issues. Though, the bugs we had were definitely enough to turn many players away, and I get that. We were indeed pressured to release quickly by the community and by ourselves - it had been in production for months and we had no reported major issues.

Feature-wise, we are mostly back to where Avicus was previously, with a few missing things here and there, though with many additions to the server as well.