Avicus Archive

Going into survival worlds by Pelpelajax December 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM UTC

Hey guys,

If we catch you bridging into survival worlds on nebula maps, you will be punished. It might seem fun, exploring the survival world, but you're abusing glitches.

Also, if you catch people doing this, report them in game or submit an online report, thanks!

SnowSX3 December 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

Yes! Definitive clarity!
Thanks.

Zedther December 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

How is it abusing a glitch if it's a part of the world :/

Pelpelajax December 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

How is it abusing a glitch if it's a part of the world :/
It's not meant to be there. You can also get multiple advantages from going into the world.

EinfachNalor December 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM UTC

ikr. For instance in clay wars you can find the edge pretty fast, and then get iron and even diamonds. Also with much wood you would have a BIG advantage again.

But would you also be punished, if u just go there in spec mode and just look around a bit there? It wouldn't harm the game really.

ViceTechnicolour December 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM UTC

Ivy is working on a fix. I encourage all moderators to use //drain if they see a player get water or lava from a survival world as well, and call mapdevs or directors over when there's a game that's absolutely broken so it can be ended (meaning both teams have several players using survival glitches).

TheTNTPotato December 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM UTC

ikr. For instance in clay wars you can find the edge pretty fast, and then get iron and even diamonds. Also with much wood you would have a BIG advantage again.

But would you also be punished, if u just go there in spec mode and just look around a bit there? It wouldn't harm the game really.
As long as you are only in spec mode, you're fine. If you join the game, and go to the land, you'll be punished.

D00ZiE December 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM UTC

Can we go into the survival worlds if we do no alter the game? For example, can we bridge to the survival island, break the bridge behind us, and then explore and not go back? This wouldn't effect the gameplay of anybody besides yourself. Would that be allowed?

Thomas_Shoe December 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM UTC

Can we go into the survival worlds if we do no alter the game? For example, can we bridge to the survival island, break the bridge behind us, and then explore and not go back? This wouldn't effect the gameplay of anybody besides yourself. Would that be allowed?
I did that the other day

Pelpelajax December 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM UTC

We make to many exceptions it will get confusing, please don't. There is also someone who is bound to be following you. Just act as if they're not there ;)

Stimulating December 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

I got spawned into a survival world randomly and was stuck in nexus a while back, I don't know if it was fixed with the update or whether the staff team was aware of this. I do not remember the map, but I have the screenshots to prove it. I just wanted to make the staff team aware of this, even if it isn't too common :) 

On my tablet rn, when I get home I'll post the images on this comment.

D00ZiE December 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

I got spawned into a survival world randomly and was stuck in nexus a while back, I don't know if it was fixed with the update or whether the staff team was aware of this. I do not remember the map, but I have the screenshots to prove it. I just wanted to make the staff team aware of this, even if it isn't too common :) 

On my tablet rn, when I get home I'll post the images on this comment.
You don't have to. That glitch has been around for a while :P

JKawesome December 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

Dang it, can't get diamonds on Senex and Rendezvous anymore :P

Stimulating December 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM UTC

You don't have to. That glitch has been around for a while :P
Oh, xP. I just haven't encountered it much or heard mention of it, but I will in case it can help staff in any way (idk how, but might as well).

HappyHolidays December 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM UTC

Cant the maps just be fixed?I mean world edit can fix it.

Pelpelajax December 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM UTC

It's more complicated then that, however we're working on it as Para said.

JKawesome December 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

It can't be fixed that way, since world edit can't select the entire world, as Minecraft worlds are inifnite. The survival worlds are corrupt chunks regenerating into a normal world.

EinfachNalor December 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

It can't be fixed that way, since world edit can't select the entire world, as Minecraft worlds are inifnite. The survival worlds are corrupt chunks regenerating into a normal world.
actually it isn't endless. but it reaches like 3 million blocks in each direction so probably no one will ever find the end.

Myv December 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

What's the point in punishing them? Sorry, I think it is just banter, in my opinion.

JKawesome December 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

It's not meant to be there. You can also get multiple advantages from going into the world.
"You can also get multiple advantages from going into the world"

It isn't an unfair advantage, since anyone can get there.

MasterProX December 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM UTC

"You can also get multiple advantages from going into the world"

It isn't an unfair advantage, since anyone can get there.
I'm fairly certain that the naturally generated terrain is not the map maker's first concern. If anything, the only thing that matters about the original world is that as much of it as possible is gone. Thus, you can rationally assume that being able to access this terrain is an unintended glitch (by definition), and exploiting such a glitch would be punishable.

Arguing that this is fair because both teams can do it is fallacious, the same way you can justify hacking because anyone can download a hacked client. Not to mention, I often suffer from egregious lag spikes whenever anyone — be it team player or spectator — loads the remnants of the original world. I already complain about lag enough; please don't make it worse.

JoseTheSavage December 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM UTC

Some mods are unfair.

Last night I was playing with friends, one of them was building to the overworld, one mod join and tempban him, and one guy who was following my friend just obtained an online warn, I mean, the mod said: Come back, this is my last warning.

If you tempbanned one who was building to survival world, why not punish the other one who was following?

(Sorry for my english, I'm hispanic.)

Mooch24 December 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM UTC

Some mods are unfair.

Last night I was playing with friends, one of them was building to the overworld, one mod join and tempban him, and one guy who was following my friend just obtained an online warn, I mean, the mod said: Come back, this is my last warning.

If you tempbanned one who was building to survival world, why not punish the other one who was following?

(Sorry for my english, I'm hispanic.)
because the person bridging was the one breaking the rules that had to be stopped.

some randy following can just be warned to shoo him away

S3M3L December 11, 2014 at 10:12 PM UTC

I actually witnessed two guys who were starting a survival game on Frostbite a couple of days ago xD

SnowSX3 December 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

You probably wouldn't be punished.
But if you're going to do that, I suggest you /leave first if you only want to explore.

You're just taking up a team spot and are preventing someone who actually wants to play from joining.

HaydzBooter December 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

This is ridiculous -_-

SnowSX3 December 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

This is ridiculous -_-
Because?

Mooch24 December 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

This is ridiculous -_-
ikr

i love when people get lava and water from the survival maps. grief the entire map. and make it lag drastically.

like wtf???

GrapeSmoothie December 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

NO MAKE ME! YOU NO CATCH MEE!!!! *While Ban evading*

RefuseToSink December 12, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

Thanks for this thread Pel, it was needed VERY badly! x)

Pelpelajax December 12, 2014 at 6:12 AM UTC

This is ridiculous -_-
No, it is not ridiculous because
you're breaking the rules when goinging into survival worlds. It is just the way it is.