Avicus Archive

Livestreaming Feedback. by dev_revs February 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM UTC

I realized I didn't make a post after the tournament asking for feedback and improvements for future streams. (even if I don't return to the media team, this can help for streams for other games/tournaments. I streamed the majority of last tournament so any constructive criticism can go towards me. I have a couple of questions I'd like you guys to answer regarding the stream as viewers. With that said, please disregard the first stream during qualifiers round, It was static cronus vs cacal, a great match but was ruined do to my poor stream which was fixed afterwards. I'm going to list my suggested improvements for myself and future tournament streams and hopefully I can give you guys what you want to see. I also streamed from 7am-1pm, and 8am-3pm so cut me some slack :P. I think the best part was my commentating in my opinion. Shout out to my co-commentators last tournament Pokerface, and Tomqss, and streamer Xtra.

Future Possible additions
  1. Nightbot(which includes commands such as !bracket which will send a link of the bracker) and much more commands
  2. Possible facecam? (thoughts?)
  3. More after game/before game interviews
  4. More interaction with viewers(GIVEAWAYS)
  5. Possible way to bet credits(doubt its possible but the g0d developers may be able to) But more strawpolls

I'm also thinking of the overlay, what could be done to improve it? I am thinking of a facecam box(if you guys are interested in some streamers using it) and also an area where it shows the commentators and who they picked to win the match. So, if you want to comment below on your thoughts of these ideas, and if you watched last tournament, some improvements to be made. I will be adding ideas to the list above. Thanks guys!

Rombeyy February 2, 2017 at 5:02 PM UTC

1- Giveaways r nice, ppl will stay on the stream until u say the winner so +1 to that one.

2- FaceCam, no some times will be rlly cringe so ya 

3- Play music in the background, not NCS shit just some normal trap or idk chill music something new and not repetitive like NCS songs

4- After the match u can join into the teams channel and ask them about the match

btw an overlay could he rlly cool :)

Xuph February 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM UTC

>> DO NOT --> stream from a potato --< <<

dev_revs February 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

Rombeyy Yeah, we use overlays every tourney, just looking for improvements to it.

Xuph I don't recall you streaming anything soo, you're going to have to deal with my potato.

Xuph February 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

Rombeyy Yeah, we use overlays every tourney, just looking for improvements to it.

Xuph I don't recall you streaming anything soo, you're going to have to deal with my potato.
well it sucks then, ive streamed most of tourney 2. also how is ME streaming related to my feedback on YOUR stream?

dev_revs February 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

well it sucks then, ive streamed most of tourney 2. also how is ME streaming related to my feedback on YOUR stream?
if you don't like my stream quality, then you stream. You are just as qualified as me. Or just don't watch it.

Rombeyy February 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

i can make u one l8r if im not that lazy

Xuph February 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

if you don't like my stream quality, then you stream. You are just as qualified as me. Or just don't watch it.
That's quite a retarded attitude. As a watcher I give you feedback and you should consider it in a serious way and not just tell me to stream

profbananaslug February 2, 2017 at 9:02 PM UTC

That's quite a retarded attitude. As a watcher I give you feedback and you should consider it in a serious way and not just tell me to stream
WOAH this is a safe space, you can't say that word. you must say "artistic" instead

PokerFace February 2, 2017 at 10:02 PM UTC

Giveaways can only happen if the streamers are sponsored credits/items.

I did one in the TDM tourney and that was pretty much the end of that.

Facecams might be cringy like  Rombeyy said.

All the other stuff I completely agree with and have suggested before.

PieZ February 3, 2017 at 12:02 AM UTC

Facecams are unneeded in a competitive stream. In a stream where you are playing a video game alone and it is about your experience, that is about you so it would make it more personable if you were to put your face.

Now in a competitive setting, this is completely different. People want to see the teams play against each other. The main goal of a commentator is to help the person who is watching to understand the situations better and give facts that help them understand the team more.

AutoTool February 3, 2017 at 2:02 AM UTC

stop filling the forums with this irrelevant shit dev_revs you fucking degenerate loser. legit uninstall kid.
ALM APPROVED

kycrafft February 3, 2017 at 3:02 AM UTC

stop filling the forums with this irrelevant shit dev_revs you fucking degenerate loser. legit uninstall kid.
ALM APPROVED
How aren't you forum banned?

thespina February 3, 2017 at 7:02 AM UTC

Best streamer on avi

dev_revs February 27, 2017 at 9:02 PM UTC

So yeah im media again, mainly looking for ways to improve next tournament for the media team. Walt and I are currently working on new ideas and proposals and are continuing to look at your guys suggestions. Please keep suggesting ideas and your comments on the ideas above!

AutoTool February 28, 2017 at 5:02 AM UTC

So yeah im media again, mainly looking for ways to improve next tournament for the media team. Walt and I are currently working on new ideas and proposals and are continuing to look at your guys suggestions. Please keep suggesting ideas and your comments on the ideas above!
stop streaming ipad quality you trash idiot

dev_revs February 28, 2017 at 5:02 AM UTC

stop streaming ipad quality you trash idiot
I will pass on the message to walt, thank you for the feedback!

ViceTechnicolour March 1, 2017 at 2:03 AM UTC

be nicer