Avicus Archive

Advertising Campaign by Joao_Victor April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

Yes, I'm aware that tons of threads like this have been made already, but honestly, Avicus is so new and fresh right now, that this is the perfect time to pay for some good advertising, to get the player count back up.

Atdit April 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM UTC

I agree but what should we (players) do to advertise?

_Phyre April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

I agree but what should we (players) do to advertise?
4Chan
Oc.tc forums
MCSG
Crappy Skywars servers
Archon
Hive
Sell tickets to the Super Bowl as a way of advertising
Eat bacon...
Go to MCPvp, advertise there

Load 540140.... More

NewVoltdrive April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Spam every server with avic.us
Tell your friends, start a word of mouth chain, do something.

ViceTechnicolour April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

4Chan
Oc.tc forums
MCSG
Crappy Skywars servers
Archon
Hive
Eat bacon...

Load 540140.... More
>4Chan

Yeah, I don't want to see a ton of people build "wew lads" everywhere.

_Phyre April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

>4Chan

LOL

PokerFace April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Voting.

Atdit April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

4Chan
Oc.tc forums
MCSG
Crappy Skywars servers
Archon
Hive
Eat bacon...

Load 540140.... More
ok but the Load 540140... More-Button does not work.

And I don't want to break other server's rules :S

HitByADagger April 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

just go to kohi tell the nubs go to avicus and you will be threated as a god

MLGtino April 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

just go to kohi tell the nubs go to avicus and you will be threated as a god
what a god

scolton April 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Avicus Banner - put that up on billboards.  No, I don't care about things that you have to do in "real life," this is way more important.  Literally you need to be prepared to take out loans to put this up everywhere.  Then, write a book about Avicus and how amazing it is, have it translated into every known language, and publish it in every country.  For the more daring, you can rent a prop plane with a giant banner and it could just have the basic black and white Avicus logo followed by "Avicus Network."  Be prepared to neglect everything from school to work to personal hygiene.

TheColdCrafter April 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM UTC

Avicus Banner - put that up on billboards.  No, I don't care about things that you have to do in "real life," this is way more important.  Literally you need to be prepared to take out loans to put this up everywhere.  Then, write a book about Avicus and how amazing it is, have it translated into every known language, and publish it in every country.  For the more daring, you can rent a prop plane with a giant banner and it could just have the basic black and white Avicus logo followed by "Avicus Network."  Be prepared to neglect everything from school to work to personal hygiene.
Already Started :3

"Real life" xD

HitByADagger April 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

what a god
thanke you sensai

nintendoboy11 April 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

If you want new players tell your friends! If you have a successful YouTube channel, make a video about the server and how it just got a clean update! There are many other things you can do without getting banned on the forums or in game on servers because you said, 'JOIN AVICUS avic.us, SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS SERVER" . No, that will make people that join hate the server because you we're telling them that it was better than the server they were on. Just do simple things and people will join.

Dyspa April 9, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Umm.. Facebook?
I don't know, you'll never know if your IRL friends play MC or not!

ProfessorUtonium April 9, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

1. Make Voting and get some credits like PlanetMinecraft/MinecraftServers and do it on most of these pages.

2. Vote a lot to get the server rank up

3. Players will notice

Voting = #1 Way to get more player count

Other:

Ask all your friends on skype to tell their friends to join avic.us and to tell their friends to join avic.us and to tell their friends to join avic.us and to tell their friends to join avic.us and SO ON!

Have more Events/Gamemodes for players to enjoy and stay on this server (Make some of the old gamemodes alive. Close Nebula for one day and see what happens -_-)

Get a youtuber with 1k+ subs to review/play this server

Find a way to contact someone (With A LOT of subs) and ask them if they can play this server.

DO NOT:

Join other servers and tell them to join
     -They will Hate us. Our community is supposed to bond us together and for us to work together.

L3G1TN00BZ April 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

i helpes a little... back to normal i helped advertise the server believe it or not but i actually thought that there was too little player count its not fun playing with only five people :( anyway im banned right now so i want to try to prove that i can use my advertising powers for good (the reason of my ban) anyway i want to help increase player count... i am going to help you will have more than a hundred players

Joao_Victor April 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

I think we paid Woofless for a video when Avicus first came out, we should do something like that, more people will see the potential that this server has and join it.

ProfessorUtonium April 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

I think we paid Woofless for a video when Avicus first came out, we should do something like that, more people will see the potential that this server has and join it.
+1

kycrafft April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

>4Chan

People will be checking for dubs on the forums too.

ViceTechnicolour April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

People will be checking for dubs on the forums too.
As a mapdev I always roll for dubs. Check 'em on the commit ID!

kycrafft April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

As a mapdev I always roll for dubs. Check 'em on the commit ID!

Next time go for trips, newfriend

ViceTechnicolour April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

Next time go for trips, newfriend
I got satanic trips like a month ago

StewieFG April 9, 2015 at 4:04 AM UTC

IMO paying for a you tuber to make a video is just lame..
You should just make more players come, I showed all my friends and brought four of them, one that played mc already and 3 that did not, by simply doing that:
When he comes to my home to do homework or school stuff and then we have more time I'm showing them minecraft and Avicus nebula. I'm telling them it's s strategy game and different from other servers, and "not like survival", because every gamer that hasn't played minecraft probably thinks it's just survival, and all my friends wew shocked when I show them there is more than survival, and then I just showed them be rushing to a monument and explained them there are 2 teams and you need to break their monument using strategies and smart tactics, there are different maps and you can build whatever you want to get to thr monument, and they loved it and now they are regulars on Avicus.

JustBudah April 9, 2015 at 5:04 AM UTC

IMO paying for a you tuber to make a video is just lame..
You should just make more players come, I showed all my friends and brought four of them, one that played mc already and 3 that did not, by simply doing that:
When he comes to my home to do homework or school stuff and then we have more time I'm showing them minecraft and Avicus nebula. I'm telling them it's s strategy game and different from other servers, and "not like survival", because every gamer that hasn't played minecraft probably thinks it's just survival, and all my friends wew shocked when I show them there is more than survival, and then I just showed them be rushing to a monument and explained them there are 2 teams and you need to break their monument using strategies and smart tactics, there are different maps and you can build whatever you want to get to thr monument, and they loved it and now they are regulars on Avicus.
Personally, I don't have alot of friends but the friends that I got don't like the game; Minecraft.

StewieFG April 9, 2015 at 5:04 AM UTC

Personally, I don't have alot of friends but the friends that I got don't like the game; Minecraft.
Then vote

AstroPizza April 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

You still can vote for avicus if you want to  out of the kindness of your own heart , if you want to see the server grow. But until there's some sort of reward for voting again i don't think we'd be able to do enough to make a huge impact on the server.

http://minecraftservers.org/server/38340
http://www.minestatus.net/117911-avicus-network

Sem April 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

You still can vote for avicus if you want to  out of the kindness of your own heart , if you want to see the server grow. But until there's some sort of reward for voting again i don't think we'd be able to do enough to make a huge impact on the server.

http://minecraftservers.org/server/38340
http://www.minestatus.net/117911-avicus-network
:c

Matic0B April 9, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

4Chan
Oc.tc forums
MCSG
Crappy Skywars servers
Archon
Hive
Eat bacon...

Load 540140.... More
Going on other servers to advertise won't be good. 

1. You will be banned from those servers and their forums if you will advertise on them
2. It won't cause a big difference in the player count. Maybe a couple players will come but won't stay, you will just get hated and so will the network.
3. You will make the network look very thirsty for players, making it look desparate and will only shine a bad light on the network.

Some places where it would be worth advertising are:
 - Twitch (would have to pay big streamers)
 - YouTube (would have to pay big youtubers)
 - MinecraftForums
 - Planet Minecraft
 - Other websites made only for promoting servers (like server lists sites)

Those are the best options for the network where it won't look bad on the network (compare to going on other servers forums and such) and if successful it will bring tons of players on the network.

MLGtino April 9, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

PUBLIC BILLBOARDS IN NYC!

Goodnighht April 9, 2015 at 4:04 PM UTC

I like the idea of Paying You Tubers, that's how i found Avicus. Woofless, and i'm still here. So a you people saying that people won't  come from YT or Twitch. I don't believe you ;) Plus if the You Tuber likes the server, they might play more often and we wouldn't have to pay them :P

Robin_DD_J April 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM UTC

Can't we just ask DGB for a few accs and then advertise on them?

IM KIDDING

ProfessorUtonium April 9, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

Pay a YouTuber to play a series of this server

_Phyre April 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM UTC

Pay a YouTuber to play a series of this server
No.

BourbonBonobo April 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Very good idea! Like you're saying we should advertise avicus on other servers by using Banners? Clever!

scolton April 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Very good idea! Like you're saying we should advertise avicus on other servers by using Banners? Clever!
Anything to get the word out, man.

Dyspa April 12, 2015 at 8:04 PM UTC

Bumping this post because I found this OCN forum post:
https://oc.tc/forums/topics/5529f0695f35b923270038e1
Your welcome.