Avicus Archive

Ideas for Upcoming Tournament(s)! by Vobaseball12 October 12, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Hello all,

This has been a thread I have wanted to make for a while now. Basically, what I am asking from you guys is to provide ideas of what you would want in the upcoming tournaments. This could range from gamemodes to maps. 

In addition, I have made a poll asking if you would like frequent, small tournaments, such as 1-2 weekend tournaments with different game modes or large, but less tournaments such as the Omega Championship. 

Any my comments that are offensive, unrelated to the discussion or spam will be deleted. Failure to follow these rules could warrant a harsher punishment. We want this to be a constructive thread. Thank you.

Regards,
The Event Coordinators

PieZ October 12, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

Can we have smaller tournaments first off. To test maps, make sure the plugin works for new maps, and other things. And have bigger tournaments that last longer, have the best maps Avicus can supply, and to make sure the tournament plays well

Numberz_ October 12, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

Can we have smaller tournaments first off. To test maps, make sure the plugin works for new maps, and other things. And have bigger tournaments that last longer, have the best maps Avicus can supply, and to make sure the tournament plays well
I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of Tazz and BmB's unofficial ones.

I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of Tazz and BmB's unofficial ones.
The purpose was really for the community to have events really. But they are unofficial and don't mean much. Take a lot of esports or golf. They have a system where they have lower tournaments that no one really cares for, and bigger tournaments that should be hyped up for.

The purpose was really for the community to have events really. But they are unofficial and don't mean much. Take a lot of esports or golf. They have a system where they have lower tournaments that no one really cares for, and bigger tournaments that should be hyped up for.
Yeah, but with the unofficial tourney Tazz and BmB are hosting they are giving feedback to mapdevs, so they can make the changes and decide what maps to put in the official one.

Yeah, but with the unofficial tourney Tazz and BmB are hosting they are giving feedback to mapdevs, so they can make the changes and decide what maps to put in the official one.
But those mean nothing in the long run. I want small tournaments that mean something and big ones that mean something. Take OCN for example also(Oh noes OCN AHHHHHHH). OCN has had small tournaments in the past  such as Beta, AotA, RotLW, GoG. Then it had big tournaments such as RotH and BC. Then back and forth.

But those mean nothing in the long run. I want small tournaments that mean something and big ones that mean something. Take OCN for example also(Oh noes OCN AHHHHHHH). OCN has had small tournaments in the past  such as Beta, AotA, RotLW, GoG. Then it had big tournaments such as RotH and BC. Then back and forth.
That would be nice, but you can't expect that from Avicus. Not going to lie but planing and organization takes way too long, with 6 official we should technically have events every month.

PieZ October 12, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

That would be nice, but you can't expect that from Avicus. Not going to lie but planing and organization takes way too long, with 6 official we should technically have events every month.
Organization and planning take little time if it is in the right hands. I don't want to take a shot at the ECs here but...it isn't the best. Same with OCN if you are thinking I am referring to them

Loo October 12, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

I agree with Pie, we need small, official tourneys/events to make sure everything works and then the big, important tournaments like the Omega Championship. As much as people think the unofficial ECs are doing a better job, it's hard to take unofficial events seriously, we need the actual ECs to be in charge of the smaller events as well. We could have small tournaments every 1-3 weeks and then the big tournaments like 4-6 weeks after a small one. It would also help the server grow, I've seen the player count go up to 150~ on weekends when the unofficial events are going on, now imagine if they were OFFICIAL events? The competitive community is what keeps the server alive...

NovaLikesPvP October 12, 2015 at 4:10 AM UTC

I think it should be a Large Tournament now (November - December) And then Small Mini Tournaments, Then other Large tournament on (March-April) And then other Small Tournaments
First a large tournament like Omega Championship.

Bloodoh October 12, 2015 at 4:10 AM UTC

I think it should be a Large Tournament now (November - December) And then Small Mini Tournaments, Then other Large tournament on (March-April) And then other Small Tournaments
First a large tournament like Omega Championship.
ITS A GOOD IDEAAAa

DaFrozenBlaze October 12, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

Have small tournaments, use them to maybe train refs or test out certain things. Then you go for the big one.

SmokeJamo October 12, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Just have a tourney more then every 3 months

Spoookeh October 12, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

We really should have an event every month. This will attract more players and bring excitement to the server. I would say a small event, followed by a large event or even 2 small events followed by a larger one.

These smaller events could be used to try out tournaments for different game modes like Walls, CTH and even SG!

NovaLikesPvP October 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

A tournament like Omega Championship now... :/

Tazz October 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

We already have events every week?

Tazz October 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Beta, AotA, RotLW, GoG were all big tournaments, just not as big as they are now because how much the competitive scene has grown.

PieZ October 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Beta, AotA, RotLW, GoG were all big tournaments, just not as big as they are now because how much the competitive scene has grown.
When I say big I mean longer and much more advertised

BmB October 12, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Just get tournament's sorted, have people who's entire job on the server is to just organise the events, (I'm not trying to suggest myself because i want to play in events). 

As for the next tournament, CTW,  less teams invited because last time it lead to way too many no-shows and an overall pathetic tourney.

Give more updates concerning events as we know nothing about them until the literal week before.

_Nathy October 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Just get tournament's sorted, have people who's entire job on the server is to just organise the events, (I'm not trying to suggest myself because i want to play in events). 

As for the next tournament, CTW,  less teams invited because last time it lead to way too many no-shows and an overall pathetic tourney.

Give more updates concerning events as we know nothing about them until the literal week before.
^ I agree can we please get the no show shit sorted

personally a major tournament every 4 to 6 months would seem nice and maybe 2 smaller events between them, however we have to be careful not to 

a. Hold them too often otherwise they'll lose the excitement value and become mainstream, "another tournament, nothing new"

b. don't have massive gaps between tourneys, cause ppl get bored

ClubberNugget October 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

This wouldn't really be a tournament, but a massive game of elimination would be really cool

Dyspa October 13, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

Firstly, make Tazz and Barney head of the officials since the ones we've got at the moment have barely shown-up any work.
Secondly, listen to Pie, that's it.

Pelpelajax October 13, 2015 at 5:10 AM UTC

^ I agree can we please get the no show shit sorted

personally a major tournament every 4 to 6 months would seem nice and maybe 2 smaller events between them, however we have to be careful not to 

a. Hold them too often otherwise they'll lose the excitement value and become mainstream, "another tournament, nothing new"

b. don't have massive gaps between tourneys, cause ppl get bored
I agree. Tournament 2 is being announced next week.

HotAndCrunch October 13, 2015 at 5:10 AM UTC

I agree. Tournament 2 is being announced next week.
HYPE

Edit: don't add near as many teams as last time. And when choosing what teams to play, don't add teams that no-showed last time unless we have slots left over. Also.can we do a best of three thing (not necessarily in the group stages but definitely in the finals)

Pelpelajax October 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

HYPE

Edit: don't add near as many teams as last time. And when choosing what teams to play, don't add teams that no-showed last time unless we have slots left over. Also.can we do a best of three thing (not necessarily in the group stages but definitely in the finals)
Their won't be any group stages.

NovaLikesPvP October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

:0 But better of 3 matchs..

DaFrozenBlaze October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Single elimination?

SnowSX3 October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

If you guys make a walls tournament I will love you forever.

NovaLikesPvP October 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Hate mi

ImRaging October 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

I think you should just focus on getting bigger tournaments out quicker.

pope_panda October 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

walls tournament would be a fun mini tournament

ImRaging October 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

Uhc's would be nice too, but you gotta do all that fanshy smanshy stuff :P

faht October 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

Yes, we need more tournaments. At the moment, we really need more players. The best way to get more players is to have more tournaments.

FrozenThorn October 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

I definitely think that the newer, less played maps should be implemented for a Tournament so that it attracts more people to play the more recent maps instead of old ones. As for the actual tournament, I would love to see a CTH tournament!

BmB October 13, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

I definitely think that the newer, less played maps should be implemented for a Tournament so that it attracts more people to play the more recent maps instead of old ones. As for the actual tournament, I would love to see a CTH tournament!
Game mode's with kits don't really work as a tournament, so if you could have a default kit for the CTH then maybe.

FrozenThorn October 13, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Game mode's with kits don't really work as a tournament, so if you could have a default kit for the CTH then maybe.
Default kit is a good idea.+1.