Avicus Archive

Question to Officials and streamers by Robin_DD_J November 6, 2015 at 1:11 PM UTC

Have the streamers been trained? By that I mean, do they know what an skybridge is and how they work. Do they understand how certain things can make a defense better. Do they understand how pushes are organized. And do they know how mainly pvp works.

Have the streamers also been taught how to talk properly with a good flow, meanwhile at the same time keep it interesting and make some kind of advertisement for avicus at the same time?

SnowSX3 November 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM UTC

Easier said than done, considering no-one on Avicus is experienced with professional commentating.
However I do agree with you, this can be nothing but beneficial for Avicus as a whole.

Robin_DD_J November 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM UTC

Easier said than done, considering no-one on Avicus is experienced with professional commentating.
However I do agree with you, this can be nothing but beneficial for Avicus as a whole.
To be honest, I was more wishing the first part would be more "considered".

ClubberNugget November 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM UTC

I think the commentating part is more just having people who are experienced, I commentate but I am still learning. even though i'm still learning, i'm WAY better at commentating then when i started, its just a matter of doing it and getting experience.

I do agree with the first part, i was gonna volunteer for media but i'm clueless when it comes to CTW and i'm still green on DTM.

_Nathy November 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM UTC

i agree, the commentary last time was pretty sad,

dont worry ill spice it up ;P

kycrafft November 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM UTC

I can help cast the games if someone wants, but I need to learn what a skybridge is first.

Legoche November 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM UTC

I know what a skybridge is. I know strats and stuff.

I guess I will stream...

Spoookeh November 6, 2015 at 6:11 PM UTC

Our media team knows what the things you mentioned are. They know how to commentate as well.

BmB November 6, 2015 at 6:11 PM UTC

Streamers need to be able to follow a match and know what to follow and what is important to stream.

Spoookeh November 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM UTC

Streamers need to be able to follow a match and know what to follow and what is important to stream.
We do, don't worry.