Avicus Archive

Staff Spotlight #8 - _DISTRACTION_ by BoldAndBrash August 27, 2017 at 7:08 PM UTC

Introduce yourself in 4 or more sentences.
When I started getting ranks here, barely anybody knew who I was, and I considered that an advantage. At this point, though, I guess most people know me well enough. I'm not going to repeat what I do, since you could just look at my profile.

What are your hobbies?
I like collecting different types of twisty puzzles (an example of which would be the rubik's cube), and learning to solve them. I don't really speedsolve anything, though.
I also have a few other hobbies but you don't really need to know about them.

What are you most excited/obsessed over at the moment?
I'm working on a custom twisty puzzle mod that I'm going to try to perfect and eventually sell.

What interests you the most in life?
There are various things, including what I stated above in the hobbies section.
In general, though, I really enjoy doing things with friends, as there's only so much loneliness that one can take.

What music/art/media do you like?
EDM and chiptune are ok, but I listen to many different things. I have very specific interests in terms of music, and there's a lot of popular songs that I dislike.

Where are you from?
New York City

What’s your favourite thing about moderating?
In terms of the physical act of moderating, nothing. I don't get some kind of rush from banning people, and if you are a moderator and you do actually get euphoric from punishing people, you need to rethink your priorities. 
If the question meant, "what is my favorite thing about being on the moderating team", I guess it's that I have an actual say in terms of getting things done and getting changes made. There are also a few moderators who are really nice people, and whom I enjoy talking to.

What’s your most memorable experience as a moderator?
I got 2nd place in some kind of avicus trivia event despite everyone else being here longer than I had. (This was in 2016, when I was jr mod.)

Diabolicx August 27, 2017 at 7:08 PM UTC

Pretty interesting spotlight :o

_DISTRACTION_ Yes i know not so useful tag but what puzzles do you have and what are your favorites

Riilo August 27, 2017 at 7:08 PM UTC

Nice

KojaCola August 28, 2017 at 1:08 AM UTC

Good read

Wahiz August 28, 2017 at 2:08 AM UTC

Ahhh much better

Cow_Man06 August 28, 2017 at 2:08 AM UTC

ew (don't delete this comment) jk it was good read

_DISTRACTION_ August 29, 2017 at 12:08 PM UTC

Pretty interesting spotlight :o

_DISTRACTION_ Yes i know not so useful tag but what puzzles do you have and what are your favorites
I answered this in Discord.

Wahiz August 30, 2017 at 11:08 AM UTC

Fastest youve solved a rubik cube? (3×3, 2×2, 4×4, 5×5?)