Avicus Archive

(Sug) Perm bans by Numberz_ October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

I think that when players get banned and appealed multiple time they should not have a chance of getting appealed since they haven't learned from their mistakes. To make it fair because players have been perm banned many times and get unbanned like nothing happened so it is not really a punishment. Thoughts?

Porkyyy October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

+1.
Keep hacking (for example), never learn, suffer the consequences.

Tarheelkiwi October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

+1
Also, hacking (no matter what hacks you use) shouldn't be a temp ban.  It needs to be a straight up hack.  Also, staff needs to look at the players infractions before punishing.  Because if the player is a multiple offender, he/she needs a harsher punishment.

Tempus October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

+2

puffytrn5751 October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

It depends if the person has really changed. :)

Colecrc October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

-1. And here's my reasoning. Lets say someone made a mistake. And that they regret ever hacking. Now they are perm-banned for one little mistake. I know some people who have hacked and regret it. This system helps players get a second chance. Even if they hack again we will catch them again :)

Tarheelkiwi October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

-1. And here's my reasoning. Lets say someone made a mistake. And that they regret ever hacking. Now they are perm-banned for one little mistake. I know some people who have hacked and regret it. This system helps players get a second chance. Even if they hack again we will catch them again :)
You get a second chance.  But if you blow it, then no third chances

San_David October 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

I believe what he's suggesting is that Perma Bans should be given to people who have hacked multiple times and have appealed multiple times. They obviously haven't learned from their two to four appeals, so why keep them?

Numberz_ October 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

I mean if I was banned and then got appealed and did this 2 or 3 times the 4th time I get banned I would not be able to get appealed.

vladthegreat100 October 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

-1. If the person hacked the first time (like mlgporky did) and then he was banned for a really horrible video showing nothing about how he was not hacking got him banned again. If this rule was put up then he would never be back.

SnowSX3 October 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

Hacking is strictly against the rules. I don't understand why Temp-bans are issued. Why would you hack when you know that the rules strictly prohibit it?

IMO it doesn't matter if you feel bad about it. You hacked, and ruined multiple games for dozens and dozens of people. 

I think that hacking should result in a perma-ban. 
Giving Temp-bans to people just lets them have another chance to hack again.

I don't know....this has been a rule that I've always been against.
If you hack, you deserve a perma-ban. No questions asked.

D00ZiE October 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

Hacking is strictly against the rules. I don't understand why Temp-bans are issued. Why would you hack when you know that the rules strictly prohibit it?

IMO it doesn't matter if you feel bad about it. You hacked, and ruined multiple games for dozens and dozens of people. 

I think that hacking should result in a perma-ban. 
Giving Temp-bans to people just lets them have another chance to hack again.

I don't know....this has been a rule that I've always been against.
If you hack, you deserve a perma-ban. No questions asked.
You do understand that it's possible for people to change, right?

Phobiaxx October 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

+1 They deserve a perm-ban. Most of the times, if they come back without appealing, they continue to hack. If they were perm banned, only the sincerely sorry would go appeal and get accepted to be unbanned. They still have a second chance, by appealing, but by appealing, most of them won't hack anymore ^-^

Mooch24 October 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

I believe in second chances and all that. But at the third offence it's just ridiculous.

Klondichael October 9, 2014 at 1:10 AM UTC

Giving DaGoldBrick all those chances is not making him learn his lessons.

SnowSX3 October 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

You do understand that it's possible for people to change, right?
Yes I do.

The way I see it, if you hack then you have lost the privilege to play on the server.
If people feel bad about what they have done, then they should have thought about that when they were ruining everyone else's game by hacking.

I guess I'm more strict than you guys. I don't know..

Tarheelkiwi October 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

Yes I do.

The way I see it, if you hack then you have lost the privilege to play on the server.
If people feel bad about what they have done, then they should have thought about that when they were ruining everyone else's game by hacking.

I guess I'm more strict than you guys. I don't know..
what if the guys was false accused of hacking (me).  i wouldn't get another chance to prove my innocence

SnowSX3 October 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

what if the guys was false accused of hacking (me).  i wouldn't get another chance to prove my innocence
I'm not saying those who hack shouldn't get to appeal.
I'm saying those who hack should get a perma-ban.

Upsoar October 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM UTC

I think that he is referring to players that have been banned multiple times. This way players can still have their warning bans. If by the 3rd or 4th ban however, they wouldn't get another chance.

Eklip_Z October 9, 2014 at 3:10 AM UTC

The reason we give chances with hacking is because people may not be aware that most servers disallow hacks and because the staff team believe in second chances. The majority of people who come back after a hack punishment will have realized that hacking is wrong and deleted them.

CrafterzBolt October 9, 2014 at 3:10 AM UTC

What if someone mistakenly was banned for hacking even though he/she actually didn't.
Maybe he/she is just great at pvp or great at shooting bows.
My opinion is that there should be a chance to appeal.
And People can change :)
Oh and what Cupcake1241 said ^_^

Phobiaxx October 9, 2014 at 4:10 AM UTC

People could just appeal tho :P If they truly regretted hacking ^-^

Doppelganger_ October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM UTC

I think avi has to have some leniency but also have a no tolerance policy for people who continue to break the rules on purpose. You should only get one warning and the next time you hack, perm ban (no appealing).

Joao_Victor October 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM UTC

It's very rare for someone to get appealed after being banned, unbanned, banned again, then unbanned again (for hacks).

I don't think we should have policies that prohibit appealing after a certain amount of bans, if they're appealed, then there's obviously a good reason.

Tarheelkiwi October 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM UTC

It's very rare for someone to get appealed after being banned, unbanned, banned again, then unbanned again (for hacks).

I don't think we should have policies that prohibit appealing after a certain amount of bans, if they're appealed, then there's obviously a good reason.
so they can hack again.  some people find it funny to get banned from servers!

steven5703 October 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

I personally don't believe in second chances when it comes to hackers. (unless its like a really really minor hack)

I do for everything else, though.

guppiigo October 9, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

-1. Some people like me will appeal until im unbanned. But I am waiting a long time to prove that I learned my mistake is being an idiot and spamming and using caps. Half the people who get unbanned are the people who know how to write a good debate/argument. Idiots like me in 6th grade don't know anything. So there is no point for this.

Arachadonic October 9, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

People seem to be confused by this idea...
He is suggesting that Hackers be perm banned instantly, NOT that they cannot appeal their ban.

I agree to be honest. They can always appeal the ban if indeed they were not hacking or feel it was wrong. However at the same time I think that the staff member who does the banning should be 100% sure and possible get evidence of the hacking before Perm banning just to back up their reasons for the ban in case the person does appeal.