Avicus Archive

What do YOU want to see come to Avicus by Lucifist July 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM UTC

Helllo everyone! I have a question fo' ya'. What do you want to see come to Avicus? Any sort of details that can spice some of our gamemodes? Something that would make you excited to play Avicus. What would that be?

Emmaye July 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM UTC

want to see come to Avicus... ??? english pls

MasterProX July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

want to see come to Avicus... ??? english pls
That's grammatically correct. "What's something you want to see on Avicus?"

Petlas July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

More gamemodes. Refer to Blizzem's thread regarding suggestions for some ideas.

TheColdCrafter July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Skywars

SnowSX3 July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Prestiges.

Emmaye July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

That's grammatically correct. "What's something you want to see on Avicus?"
you missed the "come" part

TheColdCrafter July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Prestiges.
You deserve  cookies. Right now.

Thomas_Shoe July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

More players.

Glitchaye July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

The experience to return WITH the credits.

Challenges that award XP/Credits
Daily/Weekly Challenges

Achievements to put a icon on your profile.

MangoSmoothie_ July 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM UTC

Prestiges.
+ INFINITY

Out2Kill July 5, 2015 at 3:07 AM UTC

Better mods.

Precise_ July 5, 2015 at 3:07 AM UTC

Quests

Subscriptor July 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

you back as mod <3

dilpickel July 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

Other ways to get credits.

hpux July 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

Prestiges are soon to be added back. :)

I'll give you guys a document with the things we're going to implement in the near future.

Dyspa July 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM UTC

I'll give you guys a document with the things we're going to implement in the near future.
Please no, I don't want more people (kids) bragging about their prestige in game, don't do it.

Emmaye July 5, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

Does this mean people are getting their old prestige levels back?

Glitchaye July 5, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH.

I BETTER GET MY XPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BACK

hpux July 5, 2015 at 5:07 AM UTC

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH.

I BETTER GET MY XPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BACK
It took all of the Sr. Staff to convince Kylo. :c

DaFrozenBlaze July 5, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

It took all of the Sr. Staff to convince Kylo. :c
and the Admins?

hpux July 5, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

and the Admins?
Sr. Staff = Admins + Sr. Mods.

PokerFace July 5, 2015 at 6:07 AM UTC

Don't change the leaderboard because of the prestiges though.

Lakitue July 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM UTC

Better anti-cheat

Fuseh July 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM UTC

Better quality of staff members.

Lakitue July 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM UTC

Better quality of staff members.
Motivate please, we need to know what we should improve in, otherwise we cant improve.

Hola July 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

More players, NCP that doesn't cause insane blocklag/make bridging impossible

Javipepe July 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

A bigger player base :)

faht July 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM UTC

More players, skywars, more advertisment.

Notalgicular July 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM UTC

let us bridge

badgg July 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM UTC

is it just me or block lag doesn't happen to me

faht July 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM UTC

is it just me or block lag doesn't happen to me
it's just you

badgg July 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM UTC

it's just you
then I prefer Australian internet for once

TheColdCrafter July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Fix block lag pls

Deezi July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

WAIT WHAT

ARE WE GETTING OUR PRESTIGES BACK???

ViceTechnicolour July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

WAIT WHAT

ARE WE GETTING OUR PRESTIGES BACK???

Just a guess:

Probably not. The server has developed far much more than the code initially was for prestiges, and considering the new mechanisms in the server it'll probably have to be reintegrated somehow with credits and gadgets and players and the database and such. It'd also kind of bust the point of some things we already have, like badges. As a more recommended situation, the server map designs are really the basis to getting credits and prestiges and such so resetting it would create a more fair environment for everyone instead of the old "bridge out 50 blocks" maps in old avicus.

Deezi July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Just a guess:

Probably not. The server has developed far much more than the code initially was for prestiges, and considering the new mechanisms in the server it'll probably have to be reintegrated somehow with credits and gadgets and players and the database and such. It'd also kind of bust the point of some things we already have, like badges. As a more recommended situation, the server map designs are really the basis to getting credits and prestiges and such so resetting it would create a more fair environment for everyone instead of the old "bridge out 50 blocks" maps in old avicus.
Pls tell me you are not good at guessing :cccc

ViceTechnicolour July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Pls tell me you are not good at guessing :cccc
Considering my math test scores, you're probably right.

TheColdCrafter July 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM UTC

Considering my math test scores, you're probably right.
ayy lmao
do well in schol it's no jok kiddo

ViceTechnicolour July 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

ayy lmao
do well in schol it's no jok kiddo
All As except math here now, got a big ol' D-.

ImRaging July 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM UTC

Im guessing we won't get our old ones back? :P

hpux July 5, 2015 at 5:07 PM UTC

It might be fun to start from the beginning, though. :)

faht July 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

YES PLEASE

_Jasun July 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning :D. Ik there are some people who wouldn't like that tho.

hpux July 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning :D. Ik there are some people who wouldn't like that tho.

I'm kind of OCD sometimes, so stopping then continuing from where I stopped is crazy for me.

FrozenSolstice July 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

I already got the prestige badge. .-.

ViceTechnicolour July 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM UTC

I already got the prestige badge. .-.
Badges might be removed for prestiges :(

FrozenSolstice July 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM UTC

Badges might be removed for prestiges :(
Awww. :c

SWEET_Johny July 5, 2015 at 11:07 PM UTC

ariana grande

PieZ July 5, 2015 at 11:07 PM UTC

Tomorrow I will have a huge post

PieZ July 6, 2015 at 5:07 PM UTC

So what I want to see come to avicus, some things are already coming and some things need to be worked on. I could care less on what is coming to avicus so I will focused on what can be fixed
Maps
Maps are boring and repetitive:In all honesty it is getting better and better on this part and I have been complaining for a while but this needs to be addressed more. I can barely remember map names and the problem isn't that they are named in different languages or anything like that, they are not special. Maps that I could remember are Mute City, Clay Wars, Quintus[Dear god...] and that is really it. Barely any maps that come to avicus now are all the same and people try to play it safe when making a map, If I can call out someone, ParaPenguin in the last few months has made some maps that if i were to play I would remember their name, he has gotten better at making maps that are different and I would like to see other maps like his because they are different.
The aesthetics vs game play factor: In all honesty this shouldn't be a factor I have to go by but I will go over it. There is a feel that some map developers feel that aesthetics are more important then gameplay, which in both factors, both are very important. I would like to point out that aesthetics are a point of view as well, I like simple maps, Like BoomBox from OCN and other simple aesthetically pleasing maps. Other people have other views on that map and call it a terrible map for aesthetics and really I don't care. Game play doesn't change as much as a point of view. It does change but in some cases but it is usually the same.
Do not remove server favorite maps:Call me out on being a hypocrite now because what I am saying before was mainly just when approving or disproving maps. I am really only thinking of one map and that is Clay Wars, Clay Wars is not my favorite map at all. It is one of avicus's most liked maps and it was removed. Clay Wars DID have it's fair share of problems when it came to gameplay but I can tell you Quintus played worse. Another favorite map in the community but it was still in the rotation. Now I might get that Quintus is a different map because of the author and the time period both maps were added but: Both maps has flawed gameplay, both maps a lot of people have fun and I would argue that more people have fun on Clay Wars because the lack of spawn killing. 
Staff v Community 
Before I make any suggestions here I would like both parts to read this little. I am a recently approved senior  staff member on a gaming tournament thing. I am not saying this to brag but I want staff to know that I have some knowledge at being in a high position so I would ask if you take me seriously. Also when I am suggestion this I will not be basing anyone in the community. I do not believe bashing staff or community members is a smart way in bringing new ideas to the table and if I started doing that here I would look unprofessional and you might not take me seriously. Also I will be posting about past events such as the two threads that were made and there was a huge staff v community battle. I will not be posting any names just the ranks.
Bias in the upper level:When people read this they might say it is human faults and we can never be fully unbiased. I am not asking for all admins to turn into emotionless people in a day or anything like that. But there is a problem when the bias becomes too much that most of the community feels like there is bias in the staff level. I will be posting later on my suggestions for each problem in the bottom and I have barely anything to say other then the bias comes off and there is a problem when it comes off. and the community feels a little unsafe from it
Acting Professional:I am going to be very blunt with this. Staff, you are leaders of the server, when there is two threads that are serious discussion threads [One was a question thread that randomly turned into the chaos that it was turned into] you need to act the best you could. You need to work together to solve a problem. Again with me being blunt, but more then half of the staff that posted didn't act professional. There was a few lies that were said to keep the community to know some imperfections, there was the stupid pointing game that sadly both parties entered.  It felt like a lot of staff who were supposed to be in this leadership role didn't live up to what that role is. I know that Avicus is a little less strict and I want staff to hope that because if I acted in that way as a senior staff and did what half of the staff that posted did...I would have a staff infraction[Which is infractions for staff and if I get too many I would be demoted] or a full demotion on the spot because it shows I don't have the capabilities of being a staff member. 
The HUGE flaws in staff apps:It does feel like if I want to become a staff member I just have to lie a bit and don't show my huge flaws and I get in. It feels like you will take what you can get and run away with it without actually testing it to see if it works well. What is wrong, You can lie easily on the staff apps, you can get mod way too easily, the mods are not strong enough for their actual title presumes and the tree slowly collapses with the server:
For the developers you have been doing a nice job, have ice cream and some cookies and go on your way.

So I was just posting problems that are on two areas and I would post more but I can't think of any. I will now post my own solutions to each problem but you can find your own. It doesn't really matter as long as there is a solution.
Maps being repetitive: Easy. Encourage map makers to go out of their comfort zone. Just remember Lyzak was not a trend follower and made a lot of different maps. He might not be remembered as the best map maker of OCN but his trends on OCN are the most followed trends of that server. Just try something different.
The aesthetics v gameplay: Just remember some things are terrible for gameplay and gameplay should be a first and aesthetics should be a second
Fan favorite maps being removed: Have a poll on the forums or some type of review for players to write so you can see what maps people like and what maps people don't like
Bias: If you have a lot of bias with someone I feel that you shouldn't really deal with the appeal's final decision. i don't have a lot of suggestions for this sadly but I just wanted to put it out there
The staff being more professional: This is for staff. Look at all threads that deal with something like a problem. Now problem solve. What is the best way to solve that problem. Fighting with random people from the community doesn't solve a lot of problems.
The staff apps. Try to have more then just the staff apps. I am in favor for hand picked staff but it is your choice.
Thanks for reading