Avicus Archive

Reporting some infractions,pointless!? by Doppelganger_ July 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

The title says it all, some infractions such as combat logging after it already happened and chat-related offenses aren't even worth reporting once the infraction has happened as they are very hard to track.

Combat-Logging/Void Logging- Once the infraction has happened so he will be in a different hub and pretty much no evidence of him(unless you recorded but who always records when they are on) doing the act.

Chat-Related Offense- Are bit easier to get evidence of but since you can't scroll up the chat and take screenshots(something mojang REALLY needs to add) its a bit difficult as you have to get snipping tool and snip it.

The point of this thread is that I want to discuss some of the ways we can make reporting ^ offenses easier to get evidence of.

MLGtino July 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

I'm sure there are plenty of plugins that would fit. 

Or maybe you could just use f2...

Doppelganger_ July 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

You have a very limited window of opportunity to do that as you can't scroll up the chat and f2

resepignev July 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

You can scroll up in the chat; use the 3 mouse key.
Well it's hard to report a combat-/voidlogger, maybe a massage will be add ingame, if somebody loggs off in combat or voidfalling.

MLGtino July 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

You have a very limited window of opportunity to do that as you can't scroll up the chat and f2
You can record yourself scrolling up in chat. There are plenty of cheap/free screen capture systems. 

If they can't find a way of recording then I don't honestly see any other way of catching them. You could check the server logs but I think that's about it.