Avicus Archive

Could TS being broken please be adressed? by Iron October 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Please...

I swear to god, do not lock this.....

vladthegreat100 October 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

lol one of the mods said Kylo didn't pay for the ts yet xd

Petlas October 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

t t today junior

AtditC October 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

I made some channels at [Redacted] (Used for Tournaments) in case someone wants to meet there.

Join it: [Redacted] (copy that into your browsers URL line upstairs)
(It even has 18+ channels (:)

PieZ October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

I made some channels at [Redacted] (Used for Tournaments) in case someone wants to meet there.

Join it: [Redacted] (copy that into your browsers URL line upstairs)
(It even has 18+ channels (:)
I laugh that mods have more time to make sure your info is not seen then to make sure people know what is happening with the ts

Iron October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

I laugh that mods have more time to make sure your info is not seen then to make sure people know what is happening with the ts
;-;

Porkyyy October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

;-;

AtditC October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Lmao, each person here on a team knows already the IP and it's only Teamspeak, there are already 10 or even more ppl online.

But if the mods here really think the priority of the "forums rules" are bigger than those from the Teamspeak, they are like they don't wanna take help, then I accept that stupidness. Go on Mods! Keep the great work up <3

Spartemex October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Guys, you realize that we're working very hard on this, and one of our services going down isn't going to be ignored.

Guys, you realize that we're working very hard on this, and one of our services going down isn't going to be ignored.
Ok then why hasn't it been addressed?
 LOL GET REKT

No we do not relies you are working hard. We never do. Why? Because you never let the community know what is happening. No issues are being brought up and it always have to be done by a community member. When the problem is addressed staff make sure that their asses are saved because that is more important apparently.  I am sick. I am sick and tired of the same shit that always happens. I have said the same thing on my thread that the community and staff need to work together but what happens? The staff say "I like this." or "+1" or "Nice job Pie for doing this." Only 2 mods were helpful in that. The Sr Mods and Flu disappointed me. The community does not want words. We want actions. Stop this stupid hiding and come out. We are part of the community to so why leave us out?

This was to all staff. Spart you have done a better job and I rank you higher then all of the Sr Mods. Please do not take it like it is directed to you

Rainstruck October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

No we do not relies you are working hard. We never do. Why? Because you never let the community know what is happening. No issues are being brought up and it always have to be done by a community member. When the problem is addressed staff make sure that their asses are saved because that is more important apparently.  I am sick. I am sick and tired of the same shit that always happens. I have said the same thing on my thread that the community and staff need to work together but what happens? The staff say "I like this." or "+1" or "Nice job Pie for doing this." Only 2 mods were helpful in that. The Sr Mods and Flu disappointed me. The community does not want words. We want actions. Stop this stupid hiding and come out. We are part of the community to so why leave us out?

This was to all staff. Spart you have done a better job and I rank you higher then all of the Sr Mods. Please do not take it like it is directed to you
Anything specific you would like us to do? I'm all ears for ideas.

Porkyyy October 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

I couldn't agree more

FIX FUCKING TEAMSPEAK. HOLY SHIT

I have tried. I feel as nothing I say works. I do not trust the mods, sr mods, admins to do anything. You may have done something about it but there is no proof. My work feels like it goes in the garbage when I suggest anything. So I would like to ask you how we should change. How can I not feel that my ideas are going to the garbage everytime I put something

NolanDalton October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Pay for the fucking Teamspeak server?

Rainstruck October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

I have tried. I feel as nothing I say works. I do not trust the mods, sr mods, admins to do anything. You may have done something about it but there is no proof. My work feels like it goes in the garbage when I suggest anything. So I would like to ask you how we should change. How can I not feel that my ideas are going to the garbage everytime I put something
@Iron: You can say it a little bit nicer...

ON TOPIC: I must commend you on your efforts to help Avicus. We all want it to survive, and we all want to keep playing. Your suggestions on the Helping Avicus Thread are great recommendations. I know that senior staff is working on applying those topics. To be honest, Mods can't do a whole lot. We basically just watch over the server. we don't really make many decisions. That would be the seniors and up job.

Now don't blame it on them, because that is not the point of this reply. They are doing their best to get things done. I don't know what they are doing but I'm sure that they are dealing with a lot right now. Jozz is on leave atm and we really need an admins approval to finalize things. Yes, we don't have proof that things are being worked on like you said, but you will just have to ask the srs. I'm sure they are busy doing things, however I hope that they will reveal new ideas at the next staff meeting.

Hopefully that answered your question.

Regards,
Riley

Iron October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

ON TOPIC: I must commend you on your efforts to help Avicus. We all want it to survive, and we all want to keep playing. Your suggestions on the Helping Avicus Thread are great recommendations. I know that senior staff is working on applying those topics. To be honest, Mods can't do a whole lot. We basically just watch over the server. we don't really make many decisions. That would be the seniors and up job.

Now don't blame it on them, because that is not the point of this reply. They are doing their best to get things done. I don't know what they are doing but I'm sure that they are dealing with a lot right now. Jozz is on leave atm and we really need an admins approval to finalize things. Yes, we don't have proof that things are being worked on like you said, but you will just have to ask the srs. I'm sure they are busy doing things, however I hope that they will reveal new ideas at the next staff meeting.

Regards,
Riley
We have one admin, and hes Australian. What the actual are we expected to do. This so called community admin, last made a post on october 22nd. What the ? The Teamspeak is the only thing about this server that is mediocre. You could atleast try and fix it instead of making staff channels..

*Directed towards Mangoo

Duh

We have one admin, and hes Australian. What the actual are we expected to do. This so called community admin, last made a post on october 22nd. What the ? The Teamspeak is the only thing about this server that is mediocre. You could atleast try and fix it instead of making staff channels..

*Directed towards Mangoo

Duh
When the TeamSpeak crashed, it caused the channels on the bottom to disappear. The staff channels were there the second it was loaded up.

Iron October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

When the TeamSpeak crashed, it caused the channels on the bottom to disappear. The staff channels were there the second it was loaded up.
Cool. That makes it worse, seeing as they weren't turned into regular chats .-.

And im pretty sure the admins could fix  Teamspeak if they wanted. OHWAIT..1..1!! The one whos not on leave doesnt play minecraft, use the forums, or Teamspeak!

PieZ October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Regards,
Riley
Again on the saving asses issue. I feel like when you get mod or something you are fixed to think that admins and Sr Mods always do the right thing and because you are working hard you do the right thing. I can work hard at work, I can still be fired. If the mods have done everything right, then it all lies with the Sr mods. I know this isn't the issue at all and I am not stupid. Again I do not trust you. I am doubting things that I know are wrong and I feel that I can doubt other things. The mods have enough power to hide posts, lock, and other things. Hiding posts and locking is not a big deal but the staff do it on the wrong things. A community members feels his opinions will be locked because of this. Do you want this on your community?

Emmaye October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Moderators don't do any work progression for payments or uptime for the TeamSpeak. Literally this will happen on slack.

Mod: "The teamspeak is down again."
Other Staff Member: "!admins"

1-2 weeks later;

Mod: "Someone made a topic about the TS being down."

And yet nothing gets done because only Kylo can pay for the server and NO one else but him.

Fouled October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'll take this into account and think of what needs to be done in the future.
Anyways, currently we moderators cannot do anything other then notifying the admins. It may take some time for teamspeak to restore back to it's original state.

Again on the saving asses issue. I feel like when you get mod or something you are fixed to think that admins and Sr Mods always do the right thing and because you are working hard you do the right thing. I can work hard at work, I can still be fired. If the mods have done everything right, then it all lies with the Sr mods. I know this isn't the issue at all and I am not stupid. Again I do not trust you. I am doubting things that I know are wrong and I feel that I can doubt other things. The mods have enough power to hide posts, lock, and other things. Hiding posts and locking is not a big deal but the staff do it on the wrong things. A community members feels his opinions will be locked because of this. Do you want this on your community?
Oh I agree, 100%. There are some choices that I believe the seniors and admins made the wrong call on. I can name multiple occasions. However, this is where agency comes in. Everyone has their own part to do in this community. If it be a player, a mod, a senior, or whatever. We are all working on doing our part because we care. Sure the admins/seniors might not be the most efficient people on the planet, however that is why we are all here. To learn. I would love to expand more on this topic. Can you elaborate on, " Again I do not trust you. I am doubting things that I know are wrong and I feel that I can doubt other things." I would love to learn what we need to work on and I will spread that through the whole entire mod team if needed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Colecrc October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

The Sr staff can't do anything because they are inactive and don't do their job.

inb4 rile's reply

PieZ October 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

Oh I agree, 100%. There are some choices that I believe the seniors and admins made the wrong call on. I can name multiple occasions. However, this is where agency comes in. Everyone has their own part to do in this community. If it be a player, a mod, a senior, or whatever. We are all working on doing our part because we care. Sure the admins/seniors might not be the most efficient people on the planet, however that is why we are all here. To learn. I would love to expand more on this topic. Can you elaborate on, " Again I do not trust you. I am doubting things that I know are wrong and I feel that I can doubt other things." I would love to learn what we need to work on and I will spread that through the whole entire mod team if needed.

Thanks for the feedback!
I do not trust any suggestions will be put into use. There is no indication on saying that anything will be done. I was lucky to know that the idea of the community and staff meeting(Oh if the community didn't know, they are apparently working on it. I got asked to help a bit) but no one knows. I don't know why the openness is so bad and I trust people less that are less open

SnowSX3 October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Wow, people are so aggressive.

You do realise that the majority of the staff team can't actually do anything about this right?

I understand that it's been a while now and that updates haven't been frequent but there's a reason for that. 
"The majority of the staff team can't actually do anything about it".

So instead of being keyboars warriors, I suggest you all calm down and be patient.

And yes, I know you've already been patient but you just have to hold out a little longer.

Oh and one more thing, yelling and swearing in all caps won't accomplish anything, it just makes you look like a dickhead.

How about you show some understanding and work with the staff team? Not against it.

Jesus, the only thing worse than the communication between staff and community are these pathetic threads by people who feel that yelling and swearing at the staff team will actually accomplish something.

Check yourself.

Iron October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

You do realise that the majority of the staff team can't actually do anything about this right?

I understand that it's been a while now and that updates haven't been frequent but there's a reason for that. 

So instead of being keyboars warriors, I suggest you all calm down and be patient.

And yes, I know you've already been patient but you just have to hold out a little longer.

Oh and one more thing, yelling and swearing in all caps won't accomplish anything, it just makes you look like a dickhead.

How about you show some understanding and work with the staff team? Not against it.

Jesus, the only thing worse than the communication between staff and community are these pathetic threads by people who feel that yelling and swearing at the staff team will actually accomplish something.

Check yourself.
Ok cool. Im afraid, that making threads like this is the only way for myself to get points across. You can argue all you want, but using "Caps and yelling" is the most effective way of gaining attention. We have been told to be patient, but the tournament is in 1 week, and none of the admins appear to have any intention of fixing Team speak. And then when people try and solve the issue, by creating a Team speak. Its IP gets archived.

I could write more but its 3 am. So this is what you get

Glitchaye October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Check yourself.
Aggressiveness seems to catch peoples attention.

shahmi October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Ok cool. Im afraid, that making threads like this is the only way for myself to get points across. You can argue all you want, but using "Caps and yelling" is the most effective way of gaining attention. We have been told to be patient, but the tournament is in 1 week, and none of the admins appear to have any intention of fixing Team speak. And then when people try and solve the issue, by creating a Team speak. Its IP gets archived.

I could write more but its 3 am. So this is what you get
Lol I love Irons enthusiasm for the ts
I love you bb

Numberz October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Can you guys give me some more salt for my fries?

Just wait for it to be back, go live your lives without TS ffs.

@Iron Watch your language on the forums please.

vladthegreat100 October 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

I couldn't agree more
I couldn't agree more about why you won't unblock me yet xdxdxd, I was foking with you when II was trolling you :P
unblock!1!

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA October 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

you say that you'll take them into account every time

Fouled October 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

you say that you'll take them into account every time
If you're talking about my comment, i'll admit, I haven't really taken much into account over the past as a moderator.
While the staff team wants to improve, so do I. I'll try taking topics and situations into account more for the future. If that makes any sense.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA October 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

If you're talking about my comment, i'll admit, I haven't really taken much into account over the past as a moderator.
While the staff team wants to improve, so do I. I'll try taking topics and situations into account more for the future. If that makes any sense.
nah you probably do more than the whole sr staff team

just referencing what you and everybody else say

Mango_ October 24, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

The moderators and senior moderators are not able to fix issues like this. I have made temporary channels on TS so people can still use it in the mean time. Jozz and I are in an awkward timezone which makes it hard to send messages back and forth with Kylo. We still address the issues, it just takes a while for things to be sorted. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Mango_ October 24, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

Cool. That makes it worse, seeing as they weren't turned into regular chats .-.

And im pretty sure the admins could fix  Teamspeak if they wanted. OHWAIT..1..1!! The one whos not on leave doesnt play minecraft, use the forums, or Teamspeak!
I use TS quite extensively actually, and my current role doesn't require me to go in-game or use the forums as much I had to in the past. Now that I'm the staff admin most of my work goes on behind the scenes. With that said, I do agree that I could post on the forums more frequently.

PieZ October 24, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

The moderators and senior moderators are not able to fix issues like this. I have made temporary channels on TS so people can still use it in the mean time. Jozz and I are in an awkward timezone which makes it hard to send messages back and forth with Kylo. We still address the issues, it just takes a while for things to be sorted. Apologies for the inconvenience!
I applaud you with this post a lot. You posted something that I wanted to see for a few months. You said what the situation is, you have showed that you know what is going on, you told the community about the current state. I am impressed.

Mango_ October 24, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

I applaud you with this post a lot. You posted something that I wanted to see for a few months. You said what the situation is, you have showed that you know what is going on, you told the community about the current state. I am impressed.
Thank you, I'm glad you can understand.

SWEET_Johny October 24, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

FIX FUCKING TEAMSPEAK. HOLY SHIT
dude that is honesytly offensvie pleas eb respectful here on the avicus forums!!!!

Administrafer October 24, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

It seems that I can't have a peaceful time on holidays. I have permission to fix TeamSpeak in it's current state and I would have by now if I had access to my computer.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA October 24, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

It seems that I can't have a peaceful time on holidays. I have permission to fix TeamSpeak in it's current state and I would have by now if I had access to my computer.

i can do it just give me admin

shoop_raton October 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

i can do it just give me admin
LOL

Administrafer October 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Fixed!