Avicus Archive

A quick update from the administration team! by Mango_ August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Hello everyone,

I'd like to make an update post on behalf of the admin team. As I'm sure many of you are aware, there have been many changes in the staff team within the last few weeks. Unfortunately many of our staff members have retired or been demoted, which means we're quite low in numbers at the moment. The staff reassessment that was held on the weekend had a number of flaws, and I would like to apologise for that.

After DoctaPop and I were promoted to the role of admin, we met together and discussed a number of topics, one of which was the state of the staff team. There were plans in place prior to our promotions, and we decided to go ahead with the staff reassessment. With that said, we lacked organisation and in all honestly we were not fully prepared.

STAFF POLICIES: The first point I would like to address is that the promotion and demotion policies will see many changes within the near future. Communication between the admins, senior moderators and moderators will be more transparent, ultimately making day-to-day tasks easier to manage. Official staff warnings will be issued in certain cases rather that demotions, and we will ensure that the moderators are aware of what is happening. The means in which we go about achieving this are not set in stone, however another update post will be made later to expand on this topic. Many of you have expressed concern for the demotion policy, and that is why we are making these changes.

PLANS FOR THE NEAR FUTURE: The community has provided us with plenty of criticism recently (come constructive, some not so much) and we're prepared to take that on board. This is something that we want to implement on a more regular basis considering the amount of ideas and questions the community has. Transparency between the community and staff certainly hasn't been the best recently, and one of our priorities is to change this regardless of what it takes. Feedback and ideas are vital to the ongoing success of Avicus, and at the moment we're discussing ways to make this as efficient as possible.

STAFF APPLICATIONS: The newly implemented hand-picked staff system has definitely had its pros and cons, although it is now time for us to open staff applications once again! When the format for this is completed a post will be made including more information. We're hoping that this will be ready very soon, so keep an eye out on the forums. If you've ever wanted to apply for our staff team now is the time!

Thank you for taking the time to read through this update, and we look forward to these upcoming changes.

Regards,
Mango_

Pelpelajax August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Looking good Mango!

SnowSX3 August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Official staff warnings will be issued in certain cases rather that demotions, and we will ensure that the moderators are aware of what is happening.

Thank you.

Petlas August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Noted, cheers for the update! #Docandmangolution

Spoookeh August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Sounds great, thanks Mango!

Subscriptor August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

I honestly appreciate staff that actually do stuff not only promise, and I see you're doing your job right. Thank you

hasl August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Hype train revival

JDKL August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Alright, nice :)

faht August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Thanks Mango!

Posighdun August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Thanks for the update mango :D

JustBudah August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Thanks a lot!

DonaldMyTrump August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

This post made me want a mango. I will now venture to retrieve said mango of which I lust. o/ Oh btw thanks for the update, I guess.

badgg August 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

YES THANK YOU !!!!

ImRaging August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

danke

Javipepe August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

That's great!

Eteh August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Thanks for the updates! :)

Robin_DD_J August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

I'm really happy to see this, but I'd really like to see some progress from the developers soon.

LFT August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Thanks Mango! Good luck to whom apply when staff applications come out!

LFT August 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Question: will the format be similar to the last one? [I have a Google doc with the last ones format pre-filled]

hasl August 18, 2015 at 9:08 AM UTC

Question: will the format be similar to the last one? [I have a Google doc with the last ones format pre-filled]
Expect some questions from the past format to appear, but it won't be the exact same.

Protel August 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Thank you for the clarification and the update. :)

nintendoboy11 August 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

Thanks for the update!

Ogrey August 18, 2015 at 11:08 AM UTC

Mango you boss. Thanks for this!

Vobaseball12 August 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Thank you, Mango.

BoldAndBrash August 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

thank you for listening <3

Two_Become_One August 18, 2015 at 3:08 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see that there will be changes to the staff policies.

TheMasterClock August 18, 2015 at 3:08 PM UTC

Sounds great.. Thanks Mango! :D

Jahaj August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Thanks Mango! Hopefully these updates become a weekly or monthly thing, and good luck to those applying for staff!

Jahaj August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Thank you for the clarification and the update. :)
Just a question, are you Pav?

PigZen August 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Mango I'm a bit confused about the staff application part I didn't understand it that well and by staff apps are open now do you mean like now now or later

Numberz_ August 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Mango I'm a bit confused about the staff application part I didn't understand it that well and by staff apps are open now do you mean like now now or later
Soon. They haven't released the format yet.

Myv August 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Can staff still be hand-picked?

AIDSquirt August 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

There's some good things in sight for Avi then :)

Rabona August 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Thankz. Looking forward to this.

PigZen August 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM UTC

Soon. They haven't released the format yet.
Ok thanks

LFT August 18, 2015 at 7:08 PM UTC

Expect some questions from the past format to appear, but it won't be the exact same.
Thank you :).

vladthegreat100 August 18, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

Just a question, are you Pav?
Nope, it's john, this is Pav: https://avicus.net/pavilion99

awesome_apricot August 18, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

Well done Mango.

Mooch24 August 19, 2015 at 3:08 AM UTC

when do i get staff back

Chief_Hacks August 19, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Nope, it's john, this is Pav: https://avicus.net/pavilion99
Who is John?

Kenner_ August 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

That's great! Anyways, Congrats to you Mango_ and DoctaPop in Administrator!

DaFrozenBlaze August 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM UTC

Who is John?
JohnYoYo