Avicus Archive

Discussion #5: Teamspeak?! by Howsie August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Hi everyone!

When avicus was introduced, we also introduced a ton of cool new services for our users to enjoy and be part of. One of these was the teamspeak server, which for those who dont know is like a channel based Skype, where you can talk to people from all around the world who also play on avicus. You can also talk to the staff members who are always happy to help and support you and your needs or if you just want to jump on and have a chat with one of them. 

So I just wanted to ask a few questions about teamspeak and what you all think of it. 

Today's Topics:-

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) 

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels? 

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? 

awesome_apricot August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

I love TS! Let's everyone get to know each other! : D

Riskayyy August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) 
I use Teamspeak as much as possible. However I've been off TS for a while in exchange for music :)
If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels? 
Yeah, the new update for Teamspeak is really neat! It'll take some time to learn what each icon is...
This is something that needs to be improved on greatly. I see a few Staff Members "camping" in Moderator channels, however they aren't discussing anything Avicus related. 

Hola August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

- I do, and I usually am there every time I
play Avicus.

- Yea, they work out well.

- Most of the staff that are in ts talk regularily to us players and are nice. The few other staff members afk's in the staff rooms but IMO it's not a problem as most of the ts community is really immature.

RCMP_Mountie August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) -Yes! Great way to interact with other members and have fun.

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels?  -The layout of the TS channels are perfect IMO, easy to read and understand.

-The level of interaction of Staff with other players is excellent, Staff are almost always involved in discussions on TS, though some Staff tend to hang around in Staff Channels.

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

- I do, and I usually am there every time I
play Avicus.

- Yea, they work out well.

- Most of the staff that are in ts talk regularily to us players and are nice. The few other staff members afk's in the staff rooms but IMO it's not a problem as most of the ts community is really immature.
" it's not a problem as most of the ts community is really immature."
Do you mean mature?

Mango_ August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

I'm on TeamSpeak fairly regularly, mainly on the weekends. If I'm playing on the server then you'll often find me on TeamSpeak too.

The current layout is perfectly fine in my opinion. Very intuitive and simple to use! :)

Unless I'm talking to other staff members about something in particular, I try to stay in the 'regular' channels as much as possible . Players can always poke me if they need special assistance. However, I do agree with Jozz. Some staff could be more "active" in the general chats (rather than sitting in a staff channel).

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc): I do sometimes although I don't really speak that much.

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels?: Yup its perfect! 

Yes I always see staff in other channels interacting.

EDIT: It would be nice to hear the results of the past discussions before making new ones. Like the GAMES GAMES GAMES one, were new minigames decided on?

garsdef August 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

best thing since sliced bread

D00ZiE August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why?  I use TS a lot. It's practically where I met all my friends. 

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels?  I wish we could still make custom channels, but there are a lot more cons with that.

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? I consider myself to have pretty strong ties to the community through TeamSpeak. If myself and other staff members are doing only reports, we like to stay in Moderator chats. Also, if we are talking about confidential things, we have no choice but to talk where only other staff can hear us. For the most part I think that there is great staff to player communication on TS.

StickilasFanboy August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

I don't use team speak that much because I get ignored trying to talk to the "popular pepole"

If you do use teamspeak, do you l
ike the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels? 
I think u should take out 2 of the moderating channels and just add one for all of the mods

No not at all they always hang out with the popular pepole or hide in there mod channels

BoldAndBrash August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

i always get ignored and i always talk softly and i think i sound like a squeaker.... :/ so yeah, most of the time they dont hear me.

yes
Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? Yes.

Tarheelkiwi August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

How do you look at a poke on TS

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

How do you look at a poke on TS
It normally just pops up and you have to click on it to get rid of it.

Mooch24 August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) I'm always on whenever there are some regs around. Meeting new people is great, but it's hard to get involved in a convo if you're an outsider.

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels?  I think it works rather well. There are always additions being added like the "Music Room." It shows you guys are hearing our requests and taking action. Super pleased with everything :-)

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? There are definitely particular staff members who hardly go in public channels. But, being online so you can receive a poke or text is better than completely avoiding it.                                                                                                                                                             Me, along with many others would like to see custom channels added. When certain player(s) are annoying a larger group it'd be nice to be able to avoid them somehow. Waiting for a staff member isn't really practical. Also, it'd be nice to choose who you talk to. It may be exclusive, but it's the only way to have peace and quiet. Aaaaalllsssooooo, 2 private scrimmage chats would be great :D

resepignev August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

- I don't use it. I'm shy/nervous and my laptop mic doesn't work -.- I'm also too lazy to by me a headset xD I also have a speech impediment, I speak the "s" out as a "t". I hate it :/ 

- I only are on if I have nothing to do and I'm always mic/sound muted. But I like the layout. It looks great, but a description of the symbols would be great.

- Yea, but some moderators, I'm not mention the name, just sit in the mod channels alone and do nothing -.- The most mods are very active and speak to the players often.

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

I kinda feel out of place on TS :3

cinammoncroc000 August 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

I use TeamSpeak occasionally, only when there's no one to Skype with.
It doesn't matter to me honestly. I just go on whatever channel is available.
Um... I'm not on regularly enough to answer that question accurately.

AndrewJKim August 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

I don't use teamspeak. I have for like 10 minutes before, but didn't think I'd risk it, because as I have very strict parents, they are overprotective, so I can't talk to "strangers" I chat with, but she has a reason inside, but outside, she lies and tells me that I might get "kidnapped".
//
//

Hola August 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

" it's not a problem as most of the ts community is really immature."
Do you mean mature?
Nope, I kinda worded that the wrong way; I meant to say that I don't blame them for hanging in private channels as some people in ts are really immature.

Emmaye August 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

I use Teamspeak frequently.
Yes, its fine to me.
"This is something that needs to be improved on greatly. I see a few Staff Members "camping" in Moderator channels, however they aren't discussing anything Avicus related. " -jozzmcozz's last answer
I can agree with what jozz said for this!^

Joao_Victor August 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

Use it.
Yes, the TS layout is fine, I wish there was custom channels though.
I will admit that this was an issue not too long ago, but from what i've seen, staff have been communicating more.

MissCarmel August 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc)  I use team speak

I really like the layout 

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players?  I don't usually see the senior staff online aside from Tel, Nolan and Pop which whom I see frequently and a handful of mods. I think that we have a lot more staff talking regularly but it could be improved

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

I'm trying to find the last day I was online and not on TS.  I'm on every day.

I couldn't think of a better way to set it up.
There have been some issues that still exist with "staff camping", but I've seen some great improvement.

TortouseMincer August 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

No. I just don't feel the need to when not ingame.

Good layout, but it could use an update on the style.

Staff hide away in their channels too often. Sometimes they do discuss staff things but mostly they're just trying to avoid talking to random people.

Netuxx August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I rarely use TS. Now i don't use it because we got Skype and that stuff.
Yeah, but i think the Staff Chatrooms are kinda useless
Yes, of course! Almost every time i have been on TS there was almost 1 Staff Member.

Colecrc August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc)  I use a lot.

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels?  I like the layout

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? No I never see staff that are on TS a ton never talk to us down in the lower chat. Atleast some staff when they get on they talk to us.

Numberz_ August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) My computer microphone will not work with it so I can't talk.

I like the layout and the design.

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? Yes

MLGtino August 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM UTC

I do use Teamspeak, and I've been using it since November. 

Everything else I'm fine with apart from these little staff groups talking in the staff room instead of coming down and talking with everyone else.

Jerseys August 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

I do use Teamspeak, and I've been using it since November. 

Everything else I'm fine with apart from these little staff groups talking in the staff room instead of coming down and talking with everyone else.
+1

Glitchaye August 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

Do you use teamspeak and if not, is there any reason why? (Nervous, couldn't install etc) Yes, Ever since I joined in december, i've used it pretty much every single day, and i've met some of my greatest friends here.

If you do use teamspeak, do you like the general layout and design of the teamspeak channels? I find it just fine, however, I wish we could still make custom channels, as that could be helpful.. But it's also have some downsides to it.

Do you feel that the staff talk regularly enough to you or other players? Well, Considering i'm staff now, when I wasn't staff way back when, staff members always talked in the public chats and they were pretty much always in public chats except for the rare occasion when they go into staff chats to talk about private subjects.