Avicus Archive

Youtube Channel Tips!!!! by Hudmister14 May 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

There are a lot of popular youtubers playing on this server and some very good people! 
So I was wondering if anyone could give me tips about recording software preferably free/ cheap,
Intro making, Outro Making and any other advice possible. If you have a channel plz leave a link
in your comment and I can have a look! :) 

Cheers, Hudmister14

Legoche May 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Never, ever give up. Put your all into it. Produce regular content that viewers will enjoy, and put EFFORT into editing and recording.

Intros/outros are easy, just search for one

I use fraps *CRACKED* but it takes up 100-150 GB a video and lags

My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC2wXVvM8v9XWs_kgO-9TLw/feed

Chief_Hacks May 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Hudmister my channel is youtube.com/c/Whittleby if you want to check that out xP

But seriously just stay active and produce good content. That's the way to go :D

Hudmister14 May 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Never, ever give up. Put your all into it. Produce regular content that viewers will enjoy, and put EFFORT into editing and recording.

Good Channel and thx for the feedback Also if your interested I have a 
friend with a youtube channel that would probably like to pvp with you 1v1
or something here is his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSSmMD2lEos-bwEdE6FX5Qg

Hudmister14 May 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Hudmister my channel is youtube.com/c/Whittleby if you want to check that out xP

But seriously just stay active and produce good content. That's the way to go :D
Talk to Legoche he is really Good and you should pvp with him 
in a recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Hudmister14

Chief_Hacks May 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

Talk to Legoche he is really Good and you should pvp with him 
in a recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Hudmister14
YEAHHH BOI

Hudmister14 May 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM UTC

YEAHHH BOI
Check the Description of His latest video the Avicus 1v1 one and 
organise to do a recording with him https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC2wXVvM8v9XWs_kgO-9TLw/feed

vladthegreat100 May 27, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

100-150GB!? That's big as hell... 1/10 of my laptop space xd

Hudmister14 May 27, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

100-150GB!? That's big as hell... 1/10 of my laptop space xd
Im guessing he meant mb a minute or second or something.
Do u have any tips for a good channel

Legoche May 27, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

Im guessing he meant mb a minute or second or something.
Do u have any tips for a good channel
No, I meant GB.

Porkyyy May 27, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

Don't do YouTube for the idea of making money. YouTube should be done just for fun, and because you enjoy it. Whenever I make videos, I try to have as much fun as possible in them, which is the real reason why I make videos. Getting feedback and comments on your videos shows that people enjoy your videos, which is why I push myself to keep making videos. :D

Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/mlgporky

Aphelion May 27, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

I will be honest even though I know people don't like it. I'm not bashing on you in anyway, I know some people will say so. 

If you think or maybe even see a future where you will become something on YouTube, you need to be different. We have over thousands and thousands of people on YouTube who play and record minecraft videos. Think before you act, how can I be different? 

I will advise you to only "do YouTube" because you like it and enjoy doing it. So so so many people force themselves to record and upload videos because people expect them to do it. Don't you ever let it happen. 

Don't copy other people, we have enough of pewdiepie's, we don't need any more than that. I know people who scream and overreact get attention, but you should never look forward to that kind of attention.

Good luck  ._.

Vior_ May 27, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

Don't do YouTube for the idea of making money. YouTube should be done just for fun, and because you enjoy it. Whenever I make videos, I try to have as much fun as possible in them, which is the real reason why I make videos. Getting feedback and comments on your videos shows that people enjoy your videos, which is why I push myself to keep making videos. :D

Dude

Vior_ May 27, 2015 at 7:05 PM UTC

I love ur channel. I just watched like 15 of ur vids and they all rock. BTW love the 500 subscribers 1. Can I have a shoutout please in ur next utube vid.

Porkyyy May 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

I love ur channel. I just watched like 15 of ur vids and they all rock. BTW love the 500 subscribers 1. Can I have a shoutout please in ur next utube vid.
Thanks a lot for the support! :D

And I'll try to remember, but I usually forget since so many people ask me. :/

GrantInPhoenix May 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

- A Name you are comfortable with by your own and when people call you
(it doesnt have to be your IGN or anywhere related to your IGN, it can be like
a nickname or based off your skin, and just a surplus dont put numbers or underscores
on your youtube name just so it looks professional, and as much as possible be
ORIGINAL and not copy or base your channel off others, and try to avoid putting
like [name]plays or [name]YT or [name]MC cuz you never know that you may end up
doing other games or like maybe a Vlog Series of some sort, etc.)

- Get decent or professional channel art/graphics, this includes
[ Icon/Profile Pic, Banner, Thumbnail(s), Watermark (optional), Intro, Outro ]
(watermark is like the little channel logo on the top right corner of your vids which are uploaded to youtube)
(try get in contact w/ ppl close to you whom you know does art/graphics or try to msg anyone who does the latter)
for example)

-- My Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsuulAmxah0HkJR__aJuiMQ
-- My Profile Picture was made by SantsuH whom im friends w/ on twitter
-- My Banner was made by MauwysWorld whom im in contact w/ on twitter
-- Thumbnail was made by PartyAnimalMC whom im in contact w/ on twitter and we did a trade
(TexturePack for a Thumbnail) http://prntscr.com/78d8yw
-- Intro is within the works, Samsauce whom im friends w/ on twitter and I are still discussing bout it
-- Outro (haven't got anyone in contact w/ for it)

- For starters, start with one series which YOU ENJOY, once you reach a certain subscriber count
(e.g. 500 subscribers) try doing other series via what YOU think is INTERESTING, what YOU ENJOY, or
what YOUR VIEWERS WANTS/ WANT TO SEE.

- Do Collabs every now and then, i'd suggest do it with someone you know or close friends/ friends whom
you play/enjoy playing the said game/gamemode/server, also dont ask for collabs w/ youtubers with HIGHER
subscriber count than you or atleast within the range of the sub-count,
(e.g. if you have 500 subs, dont ask
for a collab w/ someone who has 2k Subs and above, unless you are friends w/ him/her/them) try collab
w/ other youtubers whom have the same sub-count range as you (e.g. you have 500 subs, try collab w/
ppl who have around 100 to 800 or 1k subs)

- BE YOURSELF! and a guy once said "Just do what you want to do, because no matter what the
consequences, people will still judge you, so might as well do it"
(and by judge, i mean its either they will like and love, or hate and shove)

Pretty much what i can think of as of now... and no i did not come up w/ some
of these ideas/tips, its just based of from what well-known youtubers say and
what my youtuber friends say, the rest are my own OPINIONS/Ideas.

QFrog May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

I personally use Obs as a recording and live streaming software as it is free and small file sizes.

For editing windows movie maker is fine but if you want to more advanced edits buy Sony Vegas or Adobe premier pro.

intros are unessecary and can be a turn off to the person who wants to watch the video.(ie annoying loud and loud dubset, to long.)

outros are are good as it gives the user a call to action whether it's to watch another video or subscribe or like the video.

last but not least produce the highest quality videos every time you make one. If you upload daily but all your videos aren't great then there is no point in uploading daily. Also simply have fun, if you aren't having fun then try something else. If you aren't having fun it easily shows in your videos.

Sevoo May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Cant you just upload every vid and then delete?

Legoche May 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Cant you just upload every vid and then delete?
Thats what I do xD

Chief_Hacks May 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Thats what I do xD
Hey Legoche do you wanna do like a joint video sometime or a 1v1. I am trying to start my channel so playing with you would be great!

Legoche May 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Hey Legoche do you wanna do like a joint video sometime or a 1v1. I am trying to start my channel so playing with you would be great!
Yeah sure, add my skype (downfallgaming123)

Chief_Hacks May 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Requested.

Sevoo May 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

I can't help but notice you use my resource pack :3

Hudmister14 May 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Thx for all the advise on only do it because you love it
and to be honest that is the reason Im going to do it but 
my only problem is a screen recorder!!!! can anyone help
me out cheers, for all the  advice. I really love all your channels!

Cheers, Hudmister14

Hudmister14 May 28, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Your channel is so good what screen recorder do u use???
Anyone im gonna subscribe thx for the advice to

Chief_Hacks May 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

I can't help but notice you use my resource pack :3
Yeah it's a great pack, I love it! Many people have been asking for it. Don't worry I credited you when I gave it too them xP

Porkyyy May 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Your channel is so good what screen recorder do u use???
Anyone im gonna subscribe thx for the advice to
Thanks! ;D

I use Fraps, but if you're just starting out you can try to use Camtasia Studio 8 (or 9, depending on which the latest version is), since it has a free 30 day trial and you can just renew your trial once it has expired.

Fraps is a paid recording software so I wouldn't suggest you getting it unless you become bigger on YouTube and know that you'll be making videos for a while.

If you really want fraps but do not want to pay for it (although it is pretty cheap), you can just try to find a cracked version or something online, but I suggest you don't do that as it may cause problems when you're trying to record.

Hope I helped!

TheColdCrafter May 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Thanks! ;D

I use Fraps, but if you're just starting out you can try to use Camtasia Studio 8 (or 9, depending on which the latest version is), since it has a free 30 day trial and you can just renew your trial once it has expired.

Fraps is a paid recording software so I wouldn't suggest you getting it unless you become bigger on YouTube and know that you'll be making videos for a while.

If you really want fraps but do not want to pay for it (although it is pretty cheap), you can just try to find a cracked version or something online, but I suggest you don't do that as it may cause problems when you're trying to record.

Hope I helped!
@ camtasia is better ;)

_Phyre May 29, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

@ camtasia is better ;)
really depends, if you want really good motion blur, Fraps & Action beats any recording software any day. And Tbh, Fraps isn't that bad... Idk what people are talking about ;-;

Hudmister14 May 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM UTC

Thanks! ;D

Hope I helped!
You did tonnes thx very much but one question does it have
the advertising thing up the top of ur recordings like bandicam does

Tynvale May 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

I used to use fraps, and from memory it doesn't have any overlay/watermark on the recordings. I now use Camtasia instead. What you use to record is up to and what is more useful for you and your situation.

Porkyyy May 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

Nope!

Hudmister14 June 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

I used to use fraps, and from memory it doesn't have any overlay/watermark on the recordings. I now use Camtasia instead. What you use to record is up to and what is more useful for you and your situation.
Thx very much btw I am a sub to ur channel and I think its great

Hudmister14 June 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

Nope!
Thx very much btw Im a sub to ur channel and I think its great