Avicus Archive

Armour changes on certain maps! by Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Hello Avicus,

The Map developers have decided to start removing most of the leather armour on certain maps. All you now got is an leather helmet to show what team you're playing in.
  We decided to change the armour to provide better gameplay with having people making armour. We believe that if people start making armour gameplay will be better, kill farmers won't have it as easy as they did and rushers would actually get a challenge.
  These changes will soon be on the server :)

If you disagree with this, please explain why bellow. We're always listening to you, but please address the issue with somewhat kind words. Don't get too offensive.

Regards.

BoldAndBrash October 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

I have a feeling it won't workout, but I'm not going to assume since there are always pros. :p Good luck with this idea, guys!

xNemoII October 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Actually it will be easier for kill farmers so yay

Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Actually it will be easier for kill farmers so yay
We got other things planned aswell ;)

xNemoII October 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

o

Myv October 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

hype

DaFrozenBlaze October 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

What are the maps?

Fouled October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

What are the maps?
You can find those maps here

vladthegreat100 October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

Your talking about how it will make kill farming harder but if a teamstack of good pvpers (which is usually how kill farming starts) eliminates most full iron people (if they even try to build armour) since so many people are lazy kill farming will be made much easier for those kill farmers since now your dead, your enclosed by kill farmers and you have less armour than usual to protect yourself in pvp.
There are pros and cons but it seems here if the changes were made for harder kill farming its very flawed.
For rushing people if the player is good enough they take their armour off anyway so its not too much of an effect.

DaFrozenBlaze October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

You can find those maps here
ok thx

PieZ October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

What maps are you thinking of doing this with. Some maps don't need it and some heavily do.

DaFrozenBlaze October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

What maps are you thinking of doing this with. Some maps don't need it and some heavily do.
Go see what Fouled posted, and look through the revisions.

Sevoo October 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM UTC

I honestly like this, since this will be a challenge. Pub matches are pretty easy these days, and I like a good challenge ;D. I'm sure that people will hate this change as well, but you have to appeal to the majority =l

kycrafft October 24, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

I don't really see a need for any change right now...

MerlinMaster October 24, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

I disagree

PieZ October 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Go see what Fouled posted, and look through the revisions.
Now I need to learn the maps...lol

piratewithgun October 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

what like the diamond swords that ruin quintus?? there already are a lot of dia swords on quintus it will make pvp shit because leather guys can 2 hit eachother

Robin_DD_J October 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

what like the diamond swords that ruin quintus?? there already are a lot of dia swords on quintus it will make pvp shit because leather guys can 2 hit eachother
I'm going to take a fair guess that you havn't even played the map and that you're saying this just based on your thoughts. I was just on a few hours ago and I had no problem killfarming at all. All I had to do was eat an gapple once or twice more than usual.

iiDarudePvP October 25, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Have all maps hace like full chain and like a leather chest plate of the same color of your team?

DaFrozenBlaze October 25, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Have all maps hace like full chain and like a leather chest plate of the same color of your team?
No they are removing the armour.

iiDarudePvP October 25, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

No they are removing the armour.
wtf that makes KF so easy. And then its Like OCN with only a helmet..

xNemoII October 25, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

I really disagree with having only a leather helmet... Robin you said that people will make full iron and have better gameplay but what I'm seeing ATM is people making iron armour and then just camping in their own half as usual. You have a chace to kill these full iron when you have full leather because you have a little bit of protection but with just a leather helmet, you barley have any protection at all and die easily

BoldAndBrash October 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

I really disagree with having only a leather helmet... Robin you said that people will make full iron and have better gameplay but what I'm seeing ATM is people making iron armour and then just camping in their own half as usual. You have a chace to kill these full iron when you have full leather because you have a little bit of protection but with just a leather helmet, you barley have any protection at all and die easily
It isn't hard to kill someone in iron, it's easy to do it without armor, too. Not too much of a problem, plus, you have a diamond sword which helps quite a bit, too.

Gundham October 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

It isn't hard to kill someone in iron, it's easy to do it without armor, too. Not too much of a problem, plus, you have a diamond sword which helps quite a bit, too.
Only Quintus has Diamond Swords in the loadout, the rest of maps have the usual Stone/Iron.

BoldAndBrash October 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Only Quintus has Diamond Swords in the loadout, the rest of maps have the usual Stone/Iron.
Ah, nonetheless, it shouldn't be too hard to kill iron guys. :P

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA October 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Your talking about how it will make kill farming harder but if a teamstack of good pvpers (which is usually how kill farming starts) eliminates most full iron people (if they even try to build armour) since so many people are lazy kill farming will be made much easier for those kill farmers since now your dead, your enclosed by kill farmers and you have less armour than usual to protect yourself in pvp.
There are pros and cons but it seems here if the changes were made for harder kill farming its very flawed.
For rushing people if the player is good enough they take their armour off anyway so its not too much of an effect.
you're*
you're*
you're*

xNemoII October 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Ah, nonetheless, it shouldn't be too hard to kill iron guys. :P
So you wanna try and kill me when I have full iron and you have no armour?

BoldAndBrash October 25, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

Well, I've done it before to lots of people, it's not much of an achievement. :p

Ingigo October 25, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

I can!!! XDDD jkjk

vladthegreat100 October 25, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

you're*
you're*
you're*
Thx John Cena :)
Best at grammer, second best at wrestling!1! :)))

jk, first, no ddos pl0x

piratewithgun October 26, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

I'm going to take a fair guess that you havn't even played the map and that you're saying this just based on your thoughts. I was just on a few hours ago and I had no problem killfarming at all. All I had to do was eat an gapple once or twice more than usual.
I did play the map... And I wasn't talking about kill farming. I was saying that leather players can't have a decent fight when they both have diamond swords. But it is a bit better with iron so thanks for adjusting it

Coco_stag October 26, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

This encouraged me to actually make armor...