Avicus Archive

Mystic issue.. by Cezbla July 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

Hello map dev's I just played a game of mystic and I saw that we got feather falling 2, is this a glitch or not, if this is not a glitch this just beats the purpose of bridging which then beats the purpose of nebula hense that there are chains made for you to run on, to get to the middle there is a chain and to get to the monument. 

A while back I had a map with bridges and it got denied, I said what about mystic, evocal said ; most people die from the fall or almost die, if this isn't a glitch wouldn't this beat the purpose of having to know how to rush other then jumping off a island to a bridge

[I was just in a mystic game and I jumped by mistake and lived no hearts done damaged I broke the monument the same way jumping right off the edge on the chain]

Thank you

Cezbla

Ogrey July 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

It's not a glitch. The chains are made to run on, I agree, but the amount of damage you take is ridiculous; you even die because of it. All the feather falling enchantment does is nullify that damage, meaning you still have to build upwards when you reach the end of the chain. Briding is still an option since some players don't like falling down then building up to the middle island again. You can also still get knocked off the chains, so rushing shouldn't change that much.
Beating the purpose of bridging doesn't beat the purpose of Nebula entirely, just the bridging part, which this map still offers.
CandylandDTM also has a small bridge connecting both sides since it's an above-average sized map and therefore it wouldn't end as fast as your map which got supposedly denied, because as far as I recall the map I told you to remove bridges on hasn't been denied and the reason I told you to do that is because one, the map is small and two, the monuments would be too easy to get.