Avicus Archive

Teamspeak Ideas, and Briefing. by Iron January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was promoted to Senior Mod.. Consequently I have deployed myself into the "Department of Team-Speak 3." I am quite happy to be working alongside Newcleus as we both have a very large amount of Teamspeak experience. I have been using TS3, for around 2 and some years and have grown experienced and accustomed to the various ranks etc. Michael has basically studied the rules, loopholes and such. Together we hope to bring forward a (hopefully) uplifting atmosphere, and improve the quality of Teamspeak. Furthermore, we hope to improve everyones experience! :)

As of yesterday, I have created and executed a few idea's with Newcleus. With the addition of this survey, I hope to improve the efficiency and environment of TS on a day to day basis. I have compiled the data and have learnt some patterns which I had already observed, but also some interesting bits of information. Overall, I thank all of those who participated as this feedback really appreciated! I plan on asking and informing certain moderators about their performance, and although unlikely giving out staff warnings to moderators who are not up to par. In fact, we have already removed the Moderator Ranks of certain moderators who were not up with Michael and I's standards.

Secondly, Michael and myself are really keen on holding some more community events/TS events. Overall, I would really like to model these events after things YOU guys want. Not what the staff see fit. As previous events have (in my opinion) failed, I would ask that you guys inform me about what you think went wrong. In addition, we could possibly host some "Music" competitions, or even some competitive type events.... (ie, staff vs regulars, mega scrims and such)

Thirdly, and Lastly. I have already implemented a new rank, but I really am interested in seeing what you guys want on TS. Are there any ranks and such (Note, these are aesthetic) that would please you? As of January 25th, I have created the "Birthday Boy!" rank. The rank does not provide any permissions, it is just a fun little rank to recognize that it is your special day! I do not plan on removing this, possibly making a TS Cake day type thing for everyone????!! Anyways, what ideas do you have? Questions, Comments? Ask me below. Again, I look forward towards being a Senior Moderator, and I will do my best not only to improve your experience, but to improve transparency between EVERYONE.

Thank you for your attention!
          -Iron and Michael (Newcleus)

Vobaseball12 January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Sounds cool. Nice work!

Coco_stag January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Woot woot!

Camemes January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Sounds like you guys got this! Excited to see what happens with teamspeak!

Porkyyy January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

What if people lie about their birthday? ;)

Iron January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

What if people lie about their birthday? ;)
I will eat them.

voidloop January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Hello Iron. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your promotion! Very well deserved.
I have got a couple of suggestions/complaints though.

Firstly, Referees cannot join the Tournament Staff Check-in. I know, Officials usually move you on Match day, but it would make it a little bit easier.
Along with the Permissions Issue, Translators with the Translator rank which are not Full Staff Members, just like me, don't have perms to join the Translation Room. I was told it was a problem with the Join power, although I'm not really sure. 

However, my suggestion is the "Staff Available" room. This room would be joined if Staff are Available, since it's pretty annoying private messaging a staff member and for him/her to never respond. 
Thanks for your time, and congratulations once again!
edit: sorry if there are spelling mistakes, on my phone rn!

Coco_stag January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

What if its a girl's birthday?

PokerFace January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM UTC

Please let Team Leaders change the password of their team's channel.

Iron January 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Hello Iron. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your promotion! Very well deserved.
I have got a couple of suggestions/complaints though.

Firstly, Referees cannot join the Tournament Staff Check-in. I know, Officials usually move you on Match day, but it would make it a little bit easier.
Along with the Permissions Issue, Translators with the Translator rank which are not Full Staff Members, just like me, don't have perms to join the Translation Room. I was told it was a problem with the Join power, although I'm not really sure. 

However, my suggestion is the "Staff Available" room. This room would be joined if Staff are Available, since it's pretty annoying private messaging a staff member and for him/her to never respond. 
Thanks for your time, and congratulations once again!
edit: sorry if there are spelling mistakes, on my phone rn!
Alright, I will fix the Tourney Staff-Check in momentarily. However, the Translator issue will have to be inspected as I am quite sure its because the channel is a sub-channel of the Admin Office which can only be accessed by Senior+'s..

What if its a girl's birthday?
That's a good point brought up in slack! :P We shall see as we go.

Pokerface: I will try and talk with Michael about that.. EDIT: We removed that permission because it was abused in the normal (public) chats. Hmmmmm.

PosteGamer January 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Wow!
Nice work iron and Newcleus!

steven5703 January 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

I will eat them.
Inject the memes into my bloodstream

hasl January 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

I'm proud of you Iron! :)

You mentioned mega scrims and staff vs regulars; leave it up to event staff.

As Sayah said, refs aren't permitted to join the check-in, apparently if the join power was raised, we could join other meeting channels, don't quote me on that, just something I was told by another TS developer.

I'm proud of you Iron! :)

You mentioned mega scrims and staff vs regulars; leave it up to event staff.

As Sayah said, refs aren't permitted to join the check-in, apparently if the join power was raised, we could join other meeting channels, don't quote me on that, just something I was told by another TS developer.
Im afraid that what Sayah said is true. That is what we have stumbled upon, however I feel that the officials should be able to move most referees quite easily. I understand the hassle, alas for now we will have to settle for what we have.

In regards to Mega Scrims, I feel as if they are more TS events as opposed to Community Events. As much as I would like to work with the Event Team, I plan on working with regular Teamspeak users to host these events! :) In fact, I was thinking about prizes for the mega scrims, possibly the winner of said scrim gets a fun little "We Dem Boyz" rank ;)

gobernment January 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

I don't know how necessary it is to add ranks for aesthetics. Speaking from experience, and for you guys to manage them, it's probably better off to not add "Birthday Boy" and "We Dem Boyz" ranks and keep it simple. Overcomplicating TS isn't a good idea.

Unless, of course, you guys feel you can handle it.

BoldAndBrash January 25, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Inject the memes into my bloodstream
Too deadly.

Anyways, great job guys!

Cynthesis January 25, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

...Ok

DaFrozenBlaze January 25, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Yay

Subscriptor January 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM UTC

you are the best choice for senior mod
ily

JDKL January 26, 2016 at 6:01 PM UTC

A moderator shouldn't have their TeamSpeak mod rank removed from them because they're being inactive on TS as they're still a moderator and should have the rank to represent them as one. Instead they should be notified that they should be more active. If they ignore, then they should be given a staff warning because it should be considered as inactivity if they are not using an official avicus platform actively.