Avicus Archive

Did I really need an infractions for this. by Numberz_ August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

I shot someone before the walls fell and I got a warning I have seen tons of players do this and get no infractions why did I not get a chat warning now this is on my record D:

Tarheelkiwi August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

I do love all staff and i think they are doing a really good job, however you have a lot of infractions and i know why the staff member didn't go so easy on you.  You know it was wrong but you did it anyway.

Numberz_ August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

I do love all staff and i think they are doing a really good job, however you have a lot of infractions and i know why the staff member didn't go so easy on you.  You know it was wrong but you did it anyway.
I did not know it was against the rules tho.

steven5703 August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

He has 5 infractions.... thats not even close to a lot.

Look at my infractions. That's a lot.

MajestysDream August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

I got kicked for it today. It's just a warn, it's not that bad..

Zedther August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

Take a chill pill and smell the roses 99...
Deal with the infraction :/

vladthegreat100 August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

xD I got kicked today for spawnkilling :/ not my fault the orange team was baaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd but oh well, atleast I could continue to play

Can I appeal this?

Synergic August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

Funny thing, when I get my temporary ban, I had no clue I was banned. I only saw when I was looking back on a later date :P

D00ZiE August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

Warns and kicks cannot be appealed.

Warns and kicks cannot be appealed.
But will having the warn ruin my chance of applying for staff?

Emmaye August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

Only Ivy can remove infractions

D00ZiE August 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

Seeing as you were unaware that it was against the rules, I don't believe it should affect your chances when applying.

Mooch24 August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Something that small won't be a big deal.

You'll be fine. No worries there :D

Hete August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

It says nothing about shooting over walls on the rules.

Tarheelkiwi August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

when do the staff applications open up

steven5703 August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

1. Do not intentionally take advantage of server exploits that give you an advantage of other players. Doing so results in a severe punishment. Instead, we highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit.
They don't list every server exploit.

kycrafft August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Eh. Client lag was a dumb one but it doesn't affect me much. You will forget about it in a while.

Hete August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

1. Do not intentionally take advantage of server exploits that give you an advantage of other players. Doing so results in a severe punishment. Instead, we highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit.
That's just wrong in my opinion. I don't think everyone would just email for the rules.

Mooch24 August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

when do the staff applications open up
The release date hasn't been officially released yet. It will most likely be quite soon.

Stay updated on the forums for more info to come soon :D

ImJeezus August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

How the hell is this an exploit or glitch? That's vanilla.
If they get shot there isnt anything they can do about it.

DonaldMyTrump August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Not to plug my own topic but I recently made a suggestion topic about appealing warns and kicks because I don't like having something like this on my record without being able to defend myself about it. In my topic Nolan says "Kicks and warns will most likely be appealable in the future" :)

DonaldMyTrump August 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Also in regards to your specific situation I think it would be an easy fix to turn off pvp until the walls drop but hey what do I know...

Tarheelkiwi August 13, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Also in regards to your specific situation I think it would be an easy fix to turn off pvp until the walls drop but hey what do I know...
i like the idea zacd56.  easy fix to the problem

Numberz_ August 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Please add this to the rules then to stop confusion.

D00ZiE August 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Please add this to the rules then to stop confusion.
Adding a direct server exploit to the rules will only make people abuse it more.

AndrewJKim August 13, 2014 at 4:08 AM UTC

Exploit:
"to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly" - http://www.merriam-webster.com/
"
I shot someone before the walls fell" - 99250
The other person that he shot can shoot back, so it's not unfair. Done. KTHXBAI

Riskayyy August 13, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

'Abusing glitches' is just a generalisation. Anything that falls under this gategory is considerated illegal. Common sense goes a long way.

Numberz_ August 13, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

'Abusing glitches' is just a generalisation. Anything that falls under this gategory is considerated illegal. Common sense goes a long way.
Ok I get it now but I just don't like getting an infraction for something dumb like that.

hpux August 13, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

I wouldn't really call a warn an infraction, and it won't affect your chances of your application in the least. So there's nothing to worry about ^.^

Hola August 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM UTC

Some people like having a clean record, like I did before I got warned for hackusating myself as a joke... ;_;

tel6331 August 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM UTC

Players should know if it is an exploit. For example glitching in the Venemous TDM axe and bow into another game is a exploit because it isn't part of the map and you have to do something to get it. Or, managing to get ahead of everyone in Minotaur in Avicade at the start. Shooting someone in walls is less clear i understand but it is still not allowed and whatever you got, a warn or a kick, this should not affect your staff app. An idea for the community would be to help the staff find exploits and not abuse them.