Avicus Archive

To our Amazing Staff Team!! by Camemes June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

Hey Guys, now we may or may not know it that we have some of the best staff members on our server right now and I just thing that some of us are simply a little unappreciative of this. I was playing some nebula and I saw (not naming names right now) someone giving a moderator a hard time, you know by being disrespectful, breaking some chat rules etc. and he was completely forgetting that this staff member along with every staff member I should say had to go through interviews, Jr. Mod Trials, Staff reassessment day and more, they stay up late organizing every thing that happens on this server, from a Jr Map Dev to an administrator like Kylo.

My point is, some of us need to stop and think before we go bad-mouthing to our staff members. Here is what our staff members do to be appreciated not to be thanked independently or to be more popular but because they love this server and want to see it thrive!

Map-Devs: Play an extremely key part in keep the Avicus rotations in perfect order making sure that you are all happy with the games and maps being played along with keeping open to new Map devs and maps by the people.

Jr Mods: Not completely a full staff member yet but everyone had to start somewhere.

Moderators: Keep this server clean and safe to play on. Mods on Avicus are one of the most key figures on the server who have to dedicate time to the server to be a functioning member of our team. Mods get so much grief and so much of a hard time when people disrespect them. Mods keep this server running!! Like it or not!

Sr Mods: Play a role where they must balance extra responsibilities such as organizing events, hosting these events and managing some game time along with the role of moderating. They work tirelessly to give us a tournament, to give us the opportunity play their role trough staff apps.

Administrators: Make Avicus possible! Without them, we would have terrible gameplay, 0 protection from DDoS hacking and ultimately no Avicus, they coded this server for hours on end and don't expect to be thanked. 

So I think we can at least appreciate our staff team a bit more, so on behalf of the Avicus community, we would like to thank everyone who contributes 1 way or another to make Avicus a better place!! Now lets be a little more appreciative of these people.

Cheers,
- sheamus

Porkyyy June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

<3

resepignev June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

<3

faht June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

<3

lol

Ogrey June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

<3

Camemes June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

<3

voidloop June 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM UTC

I just think exactly like you, Except for 1 or 2 Staff's, Which I won't mention

SWEET_Johny June 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

Yay, another one of these posts.

Lakitue June 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

I like birds

Dyspa June 6, 2015 at 10:06 PM UTC

You might be right, but there are some mods I disagree about.
Not naming anyone though..

BoldAndBrash June 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

Right back at you :^)

And thanks!

Petlas June 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

<3

MLGtino June 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM UTC

I like birds
They are indeed beautiful.

ProfessorUtonium June 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

You might be right, but there are some mods I disagree about.
Not naming anyone though..
+1

SirCyaniide June 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

+
Thanks Sheamus

vladthegreat100 June 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Heh, I agree with you on that, but there are some staff members that I question about xd
But tbh a post won't be helping much, maybe a bit but not much, there have been multiple posts like this and the community has changed from little to none :P
But good effort :)
Good job to all ye staff

Aerosmith June 7, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Thanks bro

SnowSX3 June 7, 2015 at 4:06 AM UTC

Without the community, there is no staff team.
We're all in this together.

Pelpelajax June 7, 2015 at 5:06 AM UTC

Thanks, but Senior Staff doesn't plan/host events. It's the Officials.

Javipepe June 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

What a lovely guy. Thanks a lot for making this dude!

FrozenSolstice June 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

Alot of the staff are amazing people. Alot of the staff are amazing staff. However, there is a few that I don't think deserve it. The Srs decide who stays and who goes I guess.

My problem is with the staff system.

(Please, please don't think I'm saying this because of my recent demotion.)

Camemes June 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM UTC

What a lovely guy. Thanks a lot for making this dude!
No problem!

Legoche June 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

<3

Jerseys June 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

They keep a lot of secrets, you know what I'm talking about Frozen.

voidloop June 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

+1. I wouldn't talk about Frozen, More about A senior which again, I won't mention.

SnowSX3 June 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Alot of the staff are amazing people. Alot of the staff are amazing staff. However, there is a few that I don't think deserve it. The Srs decide who stays and who goes I guess.

My problem is with the staff system.

(Please, please don't think I'm saying this because of my recent demotion.)
Actually, with regards to the Jr.Moderators, the Moderators get quite a bit of say as to who stays and who goes.

The Seniors don't have all the power.

voidloop June 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Actually, with regards to the Jr.Moderators, the Moderators get quite a bit of say as to who stays and who goes.

The Seniors don't have all the power.
What Frozen says  is right. I mean, The system, Biased Staff members(Not many of them anymore), really stupid punishments like: Don't call others ass wipes and stuff like that which, is just not on.

FrozenSolstice June 8, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

Mhm.

ballzi June 8, 2015 at 2:06 AM UTC

Too one sided this discussion. We have a pros and cons about staff. Some people actually have some good points to bad-mouth about staff.

Camemes June 8, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

Too one sided this discussion. We have a pros and cons about staff. Some people actually have some good points to bad-mouth about staff.
Still not an excuse to treat them like garbage.

Zedther June 8, 2015 at 4:06 AM UTC

LOL

2BJ June 8, 2015 at 8:06 AM UTC

lolwhat

Fuseh June 8, 2015 at 10:06 AM UTC

Ha.

kycrafft June 8, 2015 at 1:06 PM UTC

The micropost is real.

Aphelion June 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM UTC

It wouldn't surprise me if you are promoted after this post hahaha.

Porkyyy June 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM UTC

Staff applications already closed.

Camemes June 9, 2015 at 12:06 AM UTC

I didn't make this to become a staff member, I made it based on what I thought

Riskayyy June 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

I don't deserve this, to be honest. Not being modest; -
I have made many mistakes, such as promoting/demotion wrong staff members and falsely banned users. Additionally, I admit to being bias as an Administrator even though I tried my hardest for it to not affect the work at hand. At times, situations were just ignored and dragged on because - to put it bluntly - I was too scared to admit that: "I was unsure on what to do". 

Afterall, "Without a struggle, there can be no progress." and now I can learn from my mistakes from the past and improve as a Moderator, Official, Map Developer and general representative of the Avicus Network =)
However, I appreciate your support and for giving us credits for the work we do here on Avicus.

ballzi June 9, 2015 at 7:06 AM UTC

Still not an excuse to treat them like garbage.
We don't treat them like garbage.. This discussion is such a suck up. Without telling them what are they doing wrong  or complaining how would they know what to do? Hence "No pain no gain". It's not exactly happy time sun shine being a moderator..