Avicus Archive

THE LAG! by Infivix September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Ok, I can't stand this. The lag is INSANE. I can't rush, I can't even kill people without dieing by the lag. I just wish that somebody would do SOMETHING about it ._.

vladthegreat100 September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1, sky bridging takes ages :/

toketrain September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

yeah.. the best thing to do would be to give the server more gb but that may not be an option.

i would get optifine and set everything to as fast as you can, that's what i do pretty much and it usually works great unless there's a ton of lag and even then it only lags a bit for me.

Tarheelkiwi September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1 makes pvp frustrating

Infivix September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1, sky bridging takes ages :/
Yeah, and same for staircasing and bridging in general. I have to bridge extra slowly to make it across a gap.

HandStyle September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

I hate the lag spikes in the map..

yeah.. the best thing to do would be to give the server more gb but that may not be an option.

i would get optifine and set everything to as fast as you can, that's what i do pretty much and it usually works great unless there's a ton of lag and even then it only lags a bit for me.
Its not fps lag... its server lag... optifine won't do anything to help with it. The Server is probably going to its limit of ram and needs to get its plan upgraded.

Porkyyy September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1.
This is why I can't record Nebula anymore; I haven't made a Nebula video in weeks. I've been wanting to make a post about this as well, I'm glad you finally brought it up.

Please do something to fix this, I understand that it may take a while, but it is a really big reason why I see people leaving.

Just today, I've seen players saying things such as:
"OMG the lagg i quit."
"What is with all this block lagg??"

Even for me, whenever I try bridging over the rainbow in "Castle Adventure", I always fall and die because of the block lagg.
Also, whenever I get to the monument, my bridge glitches and I fall into the void.

Staircase lagg is extremely annoying as well.

+1.
This is why I can't record Nebula anymore; I haven't made a Nebula video in weeks. I've been wanting to make a post about this as well, I'm glad you finally brought it up.

Please do something to fix this, I understand that it may take a while, but it is a really big reason why I see people leaving.

"OMG the lagg i quit."

Even for me, whenever I try bridging over the rainbow in "Castle Adventure", I always fall and die because of the block lagg.
Also, whenever I get to the monument, my bridge glitches and I fall into the void.

funny thing is that the server was perfectly fine 2 days ago :P look how fast it went downhill in a day and a half :P But I still have hope in Avicus <3

puffytrn5751 September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

yeah, when I'm trying to shoot players off of the edge, they lag, I lag, WE ALL LAG

MidnightBeats September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1. I can't even PvP anymore ._.

Phobiaxx September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1 I can't pvp that well... :C I feel this is causing a lot of the player drop... Sadly... we can't do anything to help it... only funky :c

cinammoncroc000 September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

I definitely agree, I've been trying to get a recording like Porky has, but the lag is just infuriating.

Milki September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Like I've said, the void got a lot of kills today .-.

MidnightBeats September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Like I've said, the void got a lot of kills today .-.
The void ate its fair share of players today, yeah.

Porkyyy September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

funny thing is that the server was perfectly fine 2 days ago :P look how fast it went downhill in a day and a half :P But I still have hope in Avicus <3
Agreed 100%.

_Phyre September 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

+1.

"OMG the lagg i quit."

lol same i tried recording a couple times............. Lug..

Ivy needs his groove.-.

TheOpAmerican September 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Ivy we have faith <3

toketrain September 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Its not fps lag... its server lag... optifine won't do anything to help with it. The Server is probably going to its limit of ram and needs to get its plan upgraded.
oh! thanks :)
didn't know that

_Lowkigh September 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

The lag is real...
Ermrgd Pwease Fix 
Ivy got dis :3

Hete September 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

This is very true, and really frustrating. People are teleporting everywhere, and blocks disappearing constently. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

hpux September 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

I agree that the lag is very frustrating, but I really ask for you guys to put up with it for just a bit longer. Until Ivy finishes what he's working on the important update, there's nothing we can do about it. This will pay off. Don't worry :)

_Lowkigh September 18, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Got it Peachy :)
#INIVYWETRUST!

JKawesome September 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

Even though I hate block lag, it can still be used as an advantage though. If you bridge fast enough and get lucky, you can bridge to a monument if it's not too far, then watch the bridge disappear and wait for people to call you a fly hacker.

HereIwas September 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

So you are one of the lagvicus's player!
Congratulations!

I_Slay_Puuuuuu September 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

Just give it time, I'm pretty sure it will be fixed. Patience is key.

HereIwas September 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

Just give it time, I'm pretty sure it will be fixed. Patience is key.
You mean that avicus is going to be fixed?
hah
I have been playing this server for 2 years now and the lag didn't changed.
Mczone was better..
But the community changed.

Eklip_Z September 18, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

For me it's not as bad as you guys say, however there times where I will see people teleporting along a bridge.

Sunaye September 18, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

Every game I join it starts lagging...

Aanszo September 18, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

Just like MLGbacon and cenumankrok111, I can't get a recording. I've just stopped trying to get monuments all together :/ My rushing has really gone downhill..

OPTOBAT September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

+1, i can't understand why nothings been done :/

BoldAndBrash September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

Every time I trye the boat strategy and I press shift to escape, it teleports me back to th skybidge and my boat disappears. I die.

YTMangoYT September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

Is Avicus gonna be shut down

BoldAndBrash September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

Is Avicus gonna be shut down
NO.

YTMangoYT September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

well when will funky be back then caus maybe he can sort it out

OPTOBAT September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

Just found out they're working on it guys :) Patience :D

Porkyyy September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

well when will funky be back then caus maybe he can sort it out
He switched his account to "IvyCode".
He is currently working on an update, so the lagg will be fixed when the update is released.
This is very frustrating everyone, but I am sure that we can hold on for just a bit longer.

ElfLardLicker September 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

+1 I was about to make a post about this when I saw yours.

YTMangoYT September 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

thx MLGPorky

WackaFlackaFlame September 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

+1 

Block Lag Makes Me Rage

MLG_Jirafa September 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

He switched his account to "IvyCode".
He is currently working on an update, so the lagg will be fixed when the update is released.
This is very frustrating everyone, but I am sure that we can hold on for just a bit longer.
is it like the avicore update?

Flebula September 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

No sweat guys, the update is coming soon :D The lag should be fixed up and we won't have to be complaining anymore :)

KalinD September 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Isn't that DDos fault?