Avicus Archive

The Upsurge in Hacker-Based Activity by aagrant99 January 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

The Upsurge in Hacker based activity
I am aware that this is a highly talked about topic but I do have some questions.  I went away on a 2 year break in which now I see far more hackers with a base of under 50 then there were with several 100.  I am wondering since my return of this has become an especially regular part of life of if this is just an organized attack against Avicus with several people with bots, maybe they will tire out.  But anyway it seems to be a problem that everyone knows about and since this is so widely talked about this is not new.  I just wanted to know if this is just more of a thing that will end after (of course it cannot end all of the way but I mean like all of the intensity and especially high amount of hackers).  Back in the olden days it was just spontaneous incidents but now it happens almost every game.  I am just hoping it is just a January thing and will die out. But since I am ignorant and in the dark about the Avicus experience with missing over 2 years of it, I would just like to know if this particular intensity and frequency of hacking happens every single day or if it is just a fad. I have no idea what is triggering this increase, people at times mention staff, but two years ago there were times when staff were not on as well and there was still much less hacking despite a much larger player base. There were also more servers back then and less supervision but still hackers did not strike as much as these days.  Have hackers in general just changed in 2 years of not playing minevraft, have they just become more relentless and annoying?  Have they evolved from having a life to not having a life?  Why do they have fun bbobing all over the place like Daffy Duck, don't they know that "Time is finite".  They  never succeed why keep doing it, they never get away with it.  If it is then so that this hacker frequency continues, I will just adjust to it being an every day fact of life that this particular amount of hacking now exists and go along with my day, just attempting to avoid hackers when I can, Avicus is fun so why would I leave it just at a moment of great excitement, a great new potential to regain a lot of its old members with an upincoming update.  I will just cowardly and dishonorably shoot people off 1 meter wide bridges so they fall into the void, with my relatively decent marksmanship and my lack of decency and integrity that should work and compensate for the deaths incurred from those hackers.  I guess I will just have to get used to the face of Guy Fawkes in the morning. Thank you for your time in reading this long question series and commentary, answering any answers or criticisms you put in the comments about my unoriginal topic, and have a great day.  (: (they don't allow emojis but that is a winking face)
-aagrant99 (Da Granster) 

MLGtino January 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

My guess:
Haven't even touched mc in about a year. If you assume that an average of 100 players comes on at one time, and you have a staff team of about over 30 staff, that consists of about 1/3 of the server. Although its not guaranteed that theyre all on at the same time, there should be enough to assume theres at least 2 online at once who can accurately deal with the issue. Therefore based on this logic I can't point at the staff for the reason behind this. I don't think theyre to blame. I could totally be wrong but I think its for another reason, such as they have no real reason to play on the server so find more fun in testing hacks.

aagrant99 January 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Yeh it does seem likely that it is more just a natural thing days with mine craft on PC losing many players, it is actually growing in PC sales but less are actually playing it on PC which is heavily in contrast to the XBOX and Mobile additions.  Some of the staff are the same exact people from 2 years ago like "TheMasterClock" so it is not really their fault, back in those days staff were not always the most active either, though some were.  I think it is just people being bored in general, "like you said.  Thank you for sharing your view very agreeable.  1 more thing, I remember you MLGtino I used to play with you over 2 years ago, I have missed your presence.

MLGtino January 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

Yeh it does seem likely that it is more just a natural thing days with mine craft on PC losing many players, it is actually growing in PC sales but less are actually playing it on PC which is heavily in contrast to the XBOX and Mobile additions.  Some of the staff are the same exact people from 2 years ago like "TheMasterClock" so it is not really their fault, back in those days staff were not always the most active either, though some were.  I think it is just people being bored in general, "like you said.  Thank you for sharing your view very agreeable.  1 more thing, I remember you MLGtino I used to play with you over 2 years ago, I have missed your presence.
agreed man I missed you and your piano solos too.

Rombeyy January 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

First: The "hack" community it's becoming bigger and bigger so it's something normal 

Second: ( Srry for saying this staff ) but the server have a shitty anticheat NCP that it's one of the easiest anticheats to bypass so ya

Lasuz January 29, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

The main reason is the shitty anti - hack. I've seen hundreds of videos of avicus when I search up "minecraft server with no anti hack" on YouTube. This again makes hundreds of hackers coming to avicus to use their hacks. 
Unfortunately this has been a problem a long time now, and probably won't get fixed any time soon.

Crimson_Aught January 29, 2017 at 10:01 AM UTC

The main reason is the shitty anti - hack. I've seen hundreds of videos of avicus when I search up "minecraft server with no anti hack" on YouTube. This again makes hundreds of hackers coming to avicus to use their hacks. 
Unfortunately this has been a problem a long time now, and probably won't get fixed any time soon.
Wait... YouTube + Avicus without anticheat + hundreds watching = Good advertisment, dear staff :D
I think, it is our success in attracting new players, lol.
How dare you to complain :o

jk

PokerFace January 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

This increase in hackers is super annoying. I hope it ends soon.

XtraMajestical January 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

It is mainly just hackers telling there friends and then them wanting to come on and mess around. And if you have never witnessed, sometimes lots of hackers is only one as they use a third party site to get alts and come back online so it looks like theres lots

Rombeyy January 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM UTC

This increase in hackers is super annoying. I hope it ends soon.
It's bcuz of the anticheat u guys have the worst anticheat EVER at least some of the devs should work on improving it or editing some things about it

Sweedie January 29, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

It's bcuz of the anticheat u guys have the worst anticheat EVER at least some of the devs should work on improving it or editing some things about it
I would rather have a bad anti-cheat when we acctually have good mods than a "good"  anti-cheat that kicks you for "flying" when you get stuck in blocks...

Rombeyy January 29, 2017 at 12:01 PM UTC

I would rather have a bad anti-cheat when we acctually have good mods than a "good"  anti-cheat that kicks you for "flying" when you get stuck in blocks...
True that

Legoche January 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

Welcome to minecraft, a low skilled game that anybody can get good at.

Rombeyy January 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM UTC

Welcome to minecraft, a low skilled game that anybody can get good at.
+1 to my man over here

Myworld6 January 29, 2017 at 4:01 PM UTC

Ooh, I should come back!

If it's not obvious enough, I'm joking. =P

lactify January 29, 2017 at 5:01 PM UTC

Just use bows to kill them lelelel

Sweedie January 29, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

Ooh, I should come back!

If it's not obvious enough, I'm joking. =P
Or I could drag you back

TheColdCrafter January 29, 2017 at 6:01 PM UTC

yeah, nothing we can really do about it. more staff wouldn't help much other than a small portion of the time, we just have to deal with it.

kycrafft January 29, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Yes, bring back the old anti-cheat that rubberbanded you every six seconds, made 50% of your jumps teleport you back, and kicked you if you tried running on stairs.

Myworld6 January 29, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Or I could drag you back
Not likely.

Rombeyy January 29, 2017 at 7:01 PM UTC

Yes, bring back the old anti-cheat that rubberbanded you every six seconds, made 50% of your jumps teleport you back, and kicked you if you tried running on stairs.
That's why I said " Use NCP but with improvements " the regular NCP it's a basic Anticheat that its rlly easy to bypass