Avicus Archive

Mojangs EULA by faissaloo July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

I don't know if avicus has heard about the new server EULA but... You guys should probably read it :/ 
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Snowcone202 July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

What does that mean?

KooDaLord July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

They know.

faissaloo July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

What does that mean?
That from august avicus needs to change the way it deals with donations or they could be sued

Mooch24 July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Heyo faissaloo!
Avicus is fully aware of the EULA. Thanks for your concern!

faissaloo July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Heyo faissaloo!
Avicus is fully aware of the EULA. Thanks for your concern!
Don't worry, you don't have to greet me like that, I'm an ex-mod

Mooch24 July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Don't worry, you don't have to greet me like that, I'm an ex-mod
Considering I was staff when you were, I already know :P

Y0urm0m1 July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

What does that mean?
End User Lisences Agreement

The thing that you sign when you get your minecraft that no one reads

Sphrynax July 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Uhhhhh, I hate the EULA. So what would happen with our current donations? Do we get it back?!

RefuseToSink July 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

I would like to know if it will effect the ranks like gold, emerald, and diamond. I was wanting to buy one, but if we are just going to get the ranks taken away then I don't want to spend my money on it. Several people have told me that EULA shouldn't effect the ranks because they are just xp boosts, but some have told me different. Can someone give me a real answer?

_Gill July 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Hola Fai! Long time no see! (its gilletteracer74) Feel free to Skype me anytime so we can catch up! 
As for the post, yes, we have seen the changes in the EULA, and we are changing according to the new EULA.

_Laugh_ July 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

I saw a forum post about this earlier :L Getting sued for no donations o.O?

Shoto_ July 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Mojang just basically ruined Minecraft multiplayer. Close to no one will by ranks..
But if you're going to buy a rank, BUY A SUBSCRIPTION so you won't pay as much but still get all the perks. Also, it will help the server more because you'll have to pay again and again if you still want it. About to get diamond subscription.

goldenwalrus909 July 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

I would like to know if it will effect the ranks like gold, emerald, and diamond. I was wanting to buy one, but if we are just going to get the ranks taken away then I don't want to spend my money on it. Several people have told me that EULA shouldn't effect the ranks because they are just xp boosts, but some have told me different. Can someone give me a real answer?
Sadly, I don't think so :c
We'll just have to see how it plays out.
I'm sure if it becomes a major problem, Mojang will do their best to fix it. 
There's no need to worry :3

keller183 July 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

Lets hope that our server doesn't "bite the dust" before this all blows over.

Joltz_ July 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

I belive we're allowed to keep our ranks :P Isn't it just stuff Mojang Themselves have put into the games like items, as they didn't put in the rank Plugin I guess they have no control over that, same with CYOT(Choose your own team :P)

ballzi July 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

umm will there be charges to go into avicus?

umm will there be charges to go into avicus?
Well mojang said it, that you can not charge hard money(real money) for something that lets other players get XP faster so like the ranks will no longer be able to yeild more XP.

ballzi July 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

Well mojang said it, that you can not charge hard money(real money) for something that lets other players get XP faster so like the ranks will no longer be able to yeild more XP.
OK thanks for clearing that up!

OK thanks for clearing that up!
*Note that is only 1 of the likely many changes.

Da_Baus July 25, 2014 at 7:07 AM UTC

k

ImJeezus July 25, 2014 at 7:07 AM UTC

They won't be taken away. The only perk taken away is probably going to be donor kits because it violates the EULA
Also, I support the new EULA, Mojang if finally stepping up.

faissaloo July 25, 2014 at 8:07 AM UTC

Considering I was staff when you were, I already know :P
Oh yeah, lol I remember XD