Avicus Archive

Rotation Changes [Throwback] by Fouled June 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM UTC

Hello,

As you know, we've recently just had a throwback map reassessment and we are starting to edit the maps in order for them to have better gameplay. After the maps have all been edited, throwback will be removed shortly after. We want to spread the throwback maps onto the other DTM servers so there would hopefully be a balance in the amount of people in each server.

The main reason for doing this is so that hopefully more people will get a chance to play on other maps and gamemodes.
Although the community will uproar because of throwback's removal, it still needs to be done in order to make progress.

If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to message me or comment below and a Map Developer will respond.

Edits:
Quintus: Replace the diamond armour chests with blocks, make the pathway entrance a bit larger and decrease the amount of monuments.
Sandstorm: Remove the saplings at mid and remove the outer ring of the map.
UPCOMING EDIT: Remove some blocks surrounding the monument

NOTE: Do not start a flame war or you may get punished, this is your only warning.

Legoche June 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM UTC

HYPE

Vobaseball12 June 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM UTC

Flame

LFT June 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM UTC

Hype

Junr June 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM UTC

Flame
*puts out flame* Anyways, I honestly think it would be cool to have the Throwback server's map all spread out, so other gamemodes can be played. The other servers are lonely :c.

Acceqted June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Hype!

Crazy_ June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Neato

Crimson_Aught June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Finally

Precise_ June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Neato

felipu_feliu June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

I SEE NO MAPS

VenomousViper June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Neat

hasl June 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM UTC

Nice idea, not sure how I'm feeling about the big change on Quintus, but anyway this seems like the best way to fix the Throwback issue.

ProfessorUtonium June 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM UTC

hey

i organized this!!!

Numberz_ June 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM UTC

but I like punishments

Sevoo June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

I'm not happy about this but I don't disagree either.

Also, Quintus's edit was too noticeable and made the map more stalemate imo. My suggestion is add a monument at the back and make the two other monuments closer. Idk how much closer but a considerable amount. It was hard to get a monument on Quintus's to begin with because of the map's bow spam driven gameplay. Please fix this.

Vobaseball12 June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

hey

i organized this!!!
Get out

Legoche June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

I'm not happy about this but I don't disagree either.

Also, Quintus's edit was too noticeable and made the map more stalemate imo. My suggestion is add a monument at the back and make the two other monuments closer. Idk how much closer but a considerable amount. It was hard to get a monument on Quintus's to begin with because of the map's bow spam driven gameplay. Please fix this.
Every change made will be controversial. The changes made to Quintus are a step in the right step in my opinion. It influences defending, the old Quintus was hard to defend due to monuments being quite close to the main land. Less diamond is also a positive change since it reduces killfarming and balances the map more. Pushing the monuments right now are easy from the roof,influencing skybridge to reach roof control.

Whatever changes are made, they will be controversial. We need to move on from these nostalgic maps and focus on newer, better designed ones.

ImRaging June 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM UTC

what changes have been made? :o

Crimson_Aught June 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

Wait, do you know, why g_skippy called it Quintus? Beacause it has 5 mons
So now it isn't Quintus anymore, it is Duos :O
Duos, lol. G_Skippy is turning over in his grave.

lactify June 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

This is an awesome idea! Good job to whoever came up with the idea!

i have a sug: Can you put some of TB best maps (Luar, Quintus) into the DTM03 rot? I rarely play that rotation. DTM01 and 02 I play quite a lot.

Legoche June 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

what changes have been made? :o
Quintus now has 2 mons, back left and back right. Diamond chests are filled with iron armour and there are 4 diamond blocks in each tower.

This is an awesome idea! Good job to whoever came up with the idea!

i have a sug: Can you put some of TB best maps (Luar, Quintus) into the DTM03 rot? I rarely play that rotation. DTM01 and 02 I play quite a lot.
We have plans to change these rotations soon.

Crimson_Aught June 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

And what with Ravanged, i don't see any changes

And what with Ravanged, i don't see any changes
Notch apples are no longer craftable and other minor changes.

Crimson_Aught June 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM UTC

Omg, you've cut Rendezvous 2. lol
If you make changes, do it good looking. Now it is potboiler, trash and hackwork.

DaFrozenBlaze June 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM UTC

Good change, considering edited maps don't belong on Throwback. 
We'll just have to get used to the changes, though some are questionable

Sevoo June 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

Every change made will be controversial. The changes made to Quintus are a step in the right step in my opinion. It influences defending, the old Quintus was hard to defend due to monuments being quite close to the main land. Less diamond is also a positive change since it reduces killfarming and balances the map more. Pushing the monuments right now are easy from the roof,influencing skybridge to reach roof control.

Whatever changes are made, they will be controversial. We need to move on from these nostalgic maps and focus on newer, better designed ones.
It's not that the old Quintus was perfect, but I believe this version isn't good either. If we aren't going to add a monument we should at least make the two other monuments closer. I'd say 5-7 blocks closer to the iron areas, but that really isn't my choice.

@OP Forgot to say this. Instead of making rende 2 CTW with 2 wools, make it DTM. It was such a good DTM map. But what I'd do is cut it off and make it 7 blocks separated from the main territory.

NopressureV2 June 24, 2016 at 2:06 AM UTC

What maps were removed and edited?

_Wapa June 24, 2016 at 2:06 AM UTC

Idk wats haapening :'( this temp banned and wat they removed mons from quintus tbh that was my favorite long map

PokerFace June 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM UTC

+1/2

Pro: Spreading server activity.

Con: Editing Throwback maps (which if I recall, were never to be edited, even for gameplay).

Crimson_Aught June 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM UTC

Please, make a list of changes in maps.

Posighdun June 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM UTC

Please, make a list of changes in maps.
Development Tab.

Crimson_Aught June 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM UTC

Development Tab.
Wonderful, there are tons of changes. Should i looking for them somewhere, where i don't know?
just post it on forums, it isn't hard :3

Posighdun June 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM UTC

Wonderful, there are tons of changes. Should i looking for them somewhere, where i don't know?
just post it on forums, it isn't hard :3
Yes. (And plus i don't know what actually was changed lol)

SamuelJacob9 June 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM UTC

Like them all but the Quintus one. Add the diamond armour back in the chests as iron armour is useless when u can just craft it.

DaFrozenBlaze June 24, 2016 at 1:06 PM UTC

Like them all but the Quintus one. Add the diamond armour back in the chests as iron armour is useless when u can just craft it.
I don't know why they changed it. The diamond armour never really affected my experience other than kill farming, which doesn't affect the experience much