Avicus Archive

[♆] Event #11 - Explore by Fouled August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Event #11: This is the eleventh official event on the Avicus Network, known as "Explore". In this build competition, you will be building TNT maps for DTM/CTW. This is something we want to introduce more to Avicus. We are hoping that later on, more people will get used to TNT mechanics.

Who are the judges?
The individuals that will be judging this competition are Vobaseball12 and MapDev. Judges for this contest will not change, so please do not ask to become one. You may however request to become a judge for future Avicus building competitions.

What are the rules?
You have to follow these rules or your map will be rejected.
- You may not have more than 3 authors per map.
- You may not create more than 2 maps for Explore. 

What are the guidelines?
Maps are judged in the following aspects;
Gameplay (How do you think the map will play on the servers?)
NOTE: not too major - Aesthetics (How pleasing to the eye does it look?) 
Creativity (Is it unique and really stands out?)

YAML will be done by a map developer if you wish, and it will not count against you. We're all here to help!

What gamemodes can I do?
You may only build TNT maps for either DTM or CTW.

How do I submit my map?
Put a [CONTEST] tag in the title. By doing so, you are entered into the contest and put into a spreadsheet. It contains the map name, authors, thread link, jurisdiction of approval/denial, and it's gamemode. You have the permission to post your thread link in the post below so we can see it easier.

1. Do not give in-constructive feedback by knocking others down to build yourself up.
2. Do not steal maps; all maps are your property. Violations of this are a permanant ban.
3. Do not ghost produce; don't have other users make a map for you and you take credit.
4. Do not spam judges; patience is a large key. Wait for a response on your map.
5. Do not ghost view; don't tally a ton of thread views in your thread for attention.
6. Do not make joke maps; all maps must be true submissions to the server.
7. Do not submit maps made prior to this; all maps must be "newly produced".
8. Always give credit. No matter what the case, credit everyone who authored.

How can I create a YAML?
Feel free to ask out for tutorials on how to make a YAML, either from a map developer or other players on Avicus that are experienced with it. Our YAML documentation is currently up!

What is the prize?
The prize will be credits based on the number of map submissions. 500 credits will be added to the pot per map submission and the 1st place winner will win the credits. (Ex. If there are 5 map submissions, the prize will be 2,500 credits) The more maps entered, the bigger the prize! If there is more than one author, each author will receive the same amount of credits.
or
Diamond donator for one month

Is the spreadsheet public?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kVXJBRgVLbr6UJfrBEHK-5ysJqXrIdYa1b0RlMmBI_4/edit?usp=sharing

PREVIOUS EVENT
NEXT EVENT

Starts; August 18th, 2015
Ends; September 18th, 2015

NOTE: Still waiting for downloads from the previous contest (Pluto)

Any questions you may have, please ask below.

Subscriptor August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

You got jr mod

gg :D

Also I hope this contest goes well and we are hoping to introduce more TNT maps to Avicus to increase the gameplay level and have fun q:^)

DaFrozenBlaze August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Bummer that Alex's server is still down, or is it? idk

Robin_DD_J August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Still no point adding tnt maps.

Vobaseball12 August 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

If you do not wish to make a map for this contest, I still ask you to put your emphasis on gameplay.

ViceTechnicolour August 20, 2015 at 12:08 PM UTC

Even with Cherryland in rots for 5 months still nobody used TNT right... good luck.

Numberz_ August 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Even with Cherryland in rots for 5 months still nobody used TNT right... good luck.
Exactly... ;-; Maybe a dev could code something similar to the OCN TNT license?

Zintenka August 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM UTC

Now this... heheheh...

I'm entering :)

ViceTechnicolour August 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM UTC

Exactly... ;-; Maybe a dev could code something similar to the OCN TNT license?
Maybe with a TNT server.