Avicus Archive

Minor Nexus Changes by ViceTechnicolour December 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM UTC

https://github.com/Avicus/Maps/commit/28c15ffa7f4a97abf049e1835ab3921ae338a483

As with Nexus being how it is, we decided to distribute team sizes to be the same in most maps. 9 maps have been committed by @MonsieurGray to include more players. The former teamsizes carry less, but for more players on a server for more enjoyable games and more action the change was made. The maps affected are the following: Archange II, Arkashia, Canyon, Deserted Paradise, Dragonblaze Peaks, Dredmor, Edron, Scorpio, Travincal III. Any feedback is welcome.

Following this, a few changes were made:

After a long period of spawnkilling and complaints, @Fluenza has finally fixed the regions on Travincal II to prevent spawnkilling.

The author name for Travincal II has been fixed after it's overlook by @ParaSpider. It's creators: now instead of creator: so the author shows.

Colors have been added to the chat messages on Travincal I (such as entering spawns). White -> red by @ParaSpider.

And one final (important) change; I've added an extra 3 seconds to spawn protection on ALL nexus maps. Spawnkilling is a recurrent issue and you still need just a little bitof time; 5 seconds isn't always enough to escape spawnkillers plus it is difficult to regen if you do happen to get camped. This duration should be long enough to prevent further spawnkill issues.

Zedther December 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM UTC

Okay, Thanks for the updates :3

D00ZiE December 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM UTC

Is the fast hit glitch fixed?

hasl December 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM UTC

Great job as always ParaSpider

ViceTechnicolour December 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM UTC

Is the fast hit glitch fixed?
Not in the map developer's control. I really would love it to be fixed though...

Awarrior December 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM UTC

How exactly were the maps changed?

"The former teamsizes carry less, but for more players on a server for more enjoyable games and more action the change was made. The maps affected are the following: Archange II, Arkashia, Canyon, Deserted Paradise, Dragonblaze Peaks, Dredmor, Edron, Scorpio, Travincal III."

ViceTechnicolour December 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM UTC

How exactly were the maps changed?

"The former teamsizes carry less, but for more players on a server for more enjoyable games and more action the change was made. The maps affected are the following: Archange II, Arkashia, Canyon, Deserted Paradise, Dragonblaze Peaks, Dredmor, Edron, Scorpio, Travincal III."
We just changed the max player cap in YML. Maps themselves untouched.

AtditC December 27, 2014 at 12:12 PM UTC

Link is bugged. I can't visit the website (404 :c)

Myv December 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

So there are only 9 maps on the whole of the Nexus rots now?

ViceTechnicolour December 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

So there are only 9 maps on the whole of the Nexus rots now?
No.

resepignev December 27, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

I'm kind of feeling bad, cuz there are so many bugs to fix with my maps :(
Anyways, thank you for fixing it <3
keep the work up!

AutoHit December 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

Thanks for fixing!

Tarheelkiwi December 28, 2014 at 3:12 AM UTC

One small step for man, one giant leap for Avicus players.  Thanks for working hard guys, it really means a lot to know that you guys are putting all this work just for us.  Keep up the GREAT work <3

kycrafft December 28, 2014 at 3:12 AM UTC

Kit changes?

ViceTechnicolour December 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

Kit changes?
None.