Avicus Archive

I'm sorry... :( by Zintenka May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Sigh... okay... my behavior has not been good lately. Pertaining in regards to the subject of MapDevs especially...

I was disrespectful and came off as coldhearted... I was rude and I often responded with "A lot of people on the MapDev don't deserve their ranks". True or not, I should've kept this opinion to myself. 

Its just that after almost 2 years of work in Avicus and old.avicus I got weary and felt that my work was not being rewarded enough. After some time I got deep-rooted anger and frustration. And it eventually exploded into snarky comments and rebuttals. 

Just know that this isn't who I truly am, I can be a kind and fair person. Its just that when I work this hard and I get nothing to show that my work is appreciated then I get angry. 

I should've gone about this a different and more peaceful way. Contacted the head MapDev or something. Instead, I let it pile up inside my heart and bad things soon happened. 

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to all the MapDevs. I really am :(

I apologized to most of them via skype, though I have to wait for em to respond...

The mods that were promoted: I might not know the reasons why you were promoted. I might not agree with the reason if i were to learn the reason. But the point is that I should've kept my opinion to myself, especially when it causes stuff like this.

But im really sorry and would like to apologize for my behavior. Hopefully we can put this in the past and move on

Fouled May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

No worries, everyone makes mistakes! (:

Zintenka May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

No worries, everyone makes mistakes! (:
*Hugs*

Lakitue May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Well said

Well said
Thank you Robin :)

FrozenSolstice May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

It's alright Zin. The most important thing is that you realised your mistake and you're trying to correct it. :)

Jerseys May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Everyone deserves second chances, don't they?

UmbreonMessiah May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

I understand the anger build up, if not let out it goes bad fast. And letting it out isn't always easy. Take a break from what makes you angry, I mean, wow, that's alot of maps. I don't particularly know you, but I did get a feel that you had a bad rep. Take a break, get a clean slate. Its alright, (Basically about to say what Frozen said so, yeah. What she said.)

Thanks guys :)

However, I don't plan on taking a break anytime soon, in fact I'm making a unique map right now that is based on one of my most favorite movies.

It is the movie that i based most of my maps around. :)\

James Cameron's Avatar :D

ex_optic May 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Its okay bud!

Its good to know that you realized your mistakes and thats all that matters. :)

Everyone gets a second chance!

Ogrey May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

I personally believe TNT maps are a somewhat hard and complicated concept to introduce to Avicus so suddenly.
Perhaps you should try making a map that doesn't contain TNT for once? and see how that goes?
You know, trying to vary a bit and stuff. You're a really great terraformer so I'm sure that the result will be good!
And then you could slowly start working once again in TNT concepts and stuff, and very carefully!

Apologies accepted, also ;)

Zintenka May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

I personally believe TNT maps are a somewhat hard and complicated concept to introduce to Avicus so suddenly.
Perhaps you should try making a map that doesn't contain TNT for once? and see how that goes?
You know, trying to vary a bit and stuff. You're a really great terraformer so I'm sure that the result will be good!
And then you could slowly start working once again in TNT concepts and stuff, and very carefully!

Apologies accepted, also ;)
I made one map that didnt have much tnt, just 2 chests but they're hidden :) Its called EridaniCTW. 

I'll take your advice and make more maps without TNT usage. However, I'm re-introducing villager trades since they can work on Avicus now :D

PokerFace May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Give this guy Jr.MapDev!

Give this guy Jr.MapDev!
Mmmmm it can wait :)

PokerFace May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Mmmmm it can wait :)
You waited long enough!

PocketsDude May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Hakuna Matata Man!

steven5703 May 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Takes a man to have the courage to apologize publicly.
Everyone makes mistakes, no worries :)

Takes a man to have the courage to apologize publicly.
Everyone makes mistakes, no worries :)
*Hugs* :)

Arigenn May 27, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Hey, it's okay, all humans make mistakes, its awesome that you identified your mistake and learned from it.

Personally, I have had many wonderful map-making experiences with you, and I really do appreciate each and every map you have submitted to The Avicus Network. Thank you. (Really excited for all your new, upcoming projects! c: )

Zintenka May 27, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

Hey, it's okay, all humans make mistakes, its awesome that you identified your mistake and learned from it.

Personally, I have had many wonderful map-making experiences with you, and I really do appreciate each and every map you have submitted to The Avicus Network. Thank you. (Really excited for all your new, upcoming projects! c: )

D'aahhhhh... *Blushes*

JUBBINATOR May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

You can apologise, that's great for you, but I also really hope this has helped you control your temper
If you aint learned from it that's too bad :c

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

You can apologise, that's great for you, but I also really hope this has helped you control your temper
If you aint learned from it that's too bad :c
Of course.

MidnightBeats May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

It's okay.

Pavlo May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

This is great to hear! Not everyone can own up to what they've something wrong. The fact that you  were brave enough to do this, is really impressive! Congrats! :]

(relevent) ^ x)

MLGtino May 28, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

10/10 would bang

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Thanks guys, its really heart warming to know that you guys wouldn't shoot me down :)

_Stormz May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Your maps have always been pure genius, Zin.

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM UTC

Your maps have always been pure genius, Zin.
Dahhh :)

Fuseh May 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

#ZinForMapDev.

JJTheGuy May 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM UTC

How old are you?
(not being rude, has a point to it)

RightSide May 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM UTC

It's ok everyone makes mistakes!

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

How old are you?
(not being rude, has a point to it)
I am 16 turning 17 in September, why do you wish to know?

Subscriptor May 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

Apologies acepted. :D

Fuseh May 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

No wonder your pretty mature.

JJTheGuy May 28, 2015 at 4:05 PM UTC

I forgot my reason.

Dammit...

Zintenka May 28, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

No wonder your pretty mature.
Thanks man :)