Avicus Archive

Regarding Monument Stealing by Dyspa December 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

We all know monument stealing is forbidden in this server and has happen to many people so I was wondering.. how are we gonna catch those kind of people? I need help because it happens to me a lot of times during the day and it's annoying.
I don't think recording would work because it takes a lot of time for some people to open their recording software and reporting the person won't work aswell because Mods don't come in 10 seconds.

Please, I need an answer.

SnowSX3 December 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

Recording is the best solution.

Although it may not be practical for some people, if you catch them on tape then you will definitely have conclusive evidence that they did it.

I can see how /report wouldn't always work.
Considering a Moderator needs definitive proof before dealing out punishments it could be hard if you're not recording.

Unfortunately, recording is the most reliable answer in this case.

S3M3L December 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

I'll give you a hint ;)

It's always the same people who do it, if you are smart enough, leave the game and spectate instead, you will sure be able to record this/these player/s.

JKawesome December 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

Set a hotkey to open gyazo gif or something.

Pavlo December 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

Use a recorder like fraps or bandicam. You can hotkey the recording button,  and begin recording instantly.

Set a hotkey to open gyazo gif or something.
Aaargh, you ninja'd me by a minute...

JKawesome December 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

Aaargh, you ninja'd me by a minute...
I was just about to type that xD

Counter-ninja

I was just about to type that xD

Counter-ninja
xD

HappyHolidays December 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM UTC

I'm starting to record every match I join so I can catch people, and just shorten it when I report

Dyspa December 15, 2014 at 9:12 PM UTC

Thanks everyone, I'll try to do what you just said :P