Avicus Archive

[AMA] lgmatias by lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 6:08 AM UTC

Ask me any question, Avicus, OCN, or unrelated, and I will answer with complete and utter honesty. Shoot.

Fuseh August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Ez?

lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Ez?
I like to think not, I mean, I don't have very good ELO or stats on really any server, but my main focus is pretty much exclusively tournaments nowadays so make of that what you will.

ViceTechnicolour August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

Make more maps?

Fuseh August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

I like to think not, I mean, I don't have very good ELO or stats on really any server, but my main focus is pretty much exclusively tournaments nowadays so make of that what you will.
o/

Make more maps?
I've always had an interest in making some maps for both OCN and Avicus, but recently I've had more of an interest in making tournament maps because of the incredible depth in strategy you need to build into them for them to actually be fun and interesting to play/strat for in tournies. Right now I'm still trying to get Injustice into the map pool for next tournie assuming its a TDM which might take a while, but after that I might pick up another project by myself or with a friend who knows.

o/
\o

ViceTechnicolour August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

I've always had an interest in making some maps for both OCN and Avicus, but recently I've had more of an interest in making tournament maps because of the incredible depth in strategy you need to build into them for them to actually be fun and interesting to play/strat for in tournies. Right now I'm still trying to get Injustice into the map pool for next tournie assuming its a TDM which might take a while, but after that I might pick up another project by myself or with a friend who knows.
Next tourney is (probably) a TDM, but there's always a chance that there's a change in procedure. I like your mindset though, you're good with managing projects and gameplay it seems.

Next tourney is (probably) a TDM, but there's always a chance that there's a change in procedure. I like your mindset though, you're good with managing projects and gameplay it seems.
Thanks.

ksch August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

noob? why did you apply for moderator on avicus? favorite team you have been on x)

Cyclops August 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM UTC

noob? why did you apply for moderator on avicus? favorite team you have been on x)
I'll answer this for him.
Yes, because massive fag, power puff boys. 

Get good? 

I applied pretty much the first few days I was on the server. I first came to the server because I heard of the shocking resemblance to OCN, and after that I said to myself "Hey, look, there are mod apps, I think it would be pretty fun to be mod here", and so I did. I'd say it is a pretty fun experience being mod here overall and not something I regret doing by any means. Favorite team I've been on on Avicus would probably be PPB considering PB on Avicus is essentially just an extension of the regular PB. Favorite team on RMCT would definitely be Dixin Cider considering its the only team I've been on in RMCT :P. OCN teams is a trickier matter. I definitely have the most history overall with PureBlox, but Eclipse is just so delightful, and I'm gay for like half of the dudes on that team. I mean, I wouldn't really leave Eclipse for PureBlox given the choice so I guess you could say I like that one the most currently, but I do owe a ton to PureBlox considering they let me play my very first tournament and gave me the chance to play competitively for the first time. Although, I can say with certainty my least favorite team was Airborn.

I'll answer this for him.
Yes, because massive fag, power puff boys. 

Get good? 
Yo this is my AMA, go ask a real question.

ksch August 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

I applied pretty much the first few days I was on the server. I first came to the server because I heard of the shocking resemblance to OCN, and after that I said to myself "Hey, look, there are mod apps, I think it would be pretty fun to be mod here", and so I did. I'd say it is a pretty fun experience being mod here overall and not something I regret doing by any means. Favorite team I've been on on Avicus would probably be PPB considering PB on Avicus is essentially just an extension of the regular PB. Favorite team on RMCT would definitely be Dixin Cider considering its the only team I've been on in RMCT :P. OCN teams is a trickier matter. I definitely have the most history overall with PureBlox, but Eclipse is just so delightful, and I'm gay for like half of the dudes on that team. I mean, I wouldn't really leave Eclipse for PureBlox given the choice so I guess you could say I like that one the most currently, but I do owe a ton to PureBlox considering they let me play my very first tournament and gave me the chance to play competitively for the first time. Although, I can say with certainty my least favorite team was Airborn.
your first tourney was with the legendary team fortis you just didnt play technically x) you already lied on this thread gg demodded moderators not allowed to lie

lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

your first tourney was with the legendary team fortis you just didnt play technically x) you already lied on this thread gg demodded moderators not allowed to lie
Wasn't on the registered tourney roster as I never confirmed iirc.

ksch August 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM UTC

Wasn't on the registered tourney roster as I never confirmed iirc.
we gave you the chance to pay competitively first though x)

lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM UTC

we gave you the chance to pay competitively first though x)
True

ID10 August 14, 2015 at 3:08 PM UTC

What's another word that you came come up with that I haven't heard yet? ;)

lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

What's another word that you came come up with that I haven't heard yet? ;)

IDeezNuts10

Emmaye August 14, 2015 at 4:08 PM UTC

Favorite anime?

lgmatias August 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM UTC

Favorite anime?
I'm liking Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo a lot as of now.

Tazz August 14, 2015 at 8:08 PM UTC

opinions on me?

lgmatias August 15, 2015 at 6:08 AM UTC

I haven't really known you until recently during ToC when I saw that you played for BC against us. Although I've never had the chance (that I can remember) to meet you, I've respected you as an Avicus player ever since for decimating us in the Sunbeam match, so it was disappointing when your team got DQ'd last tournie. You definitely deserved the win and I think your a good offender overall.