Avicus Archive

Spicing up The Walls? by keenanjt June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

It was nearly 4 years ago - June 29th, 2012. Hypixel (at the time there was no Hypixel server, just the build team) created the Minecraft vanilla map, The Walls. Several weeks afterwards, wallsmc.com was released to the world and shortly after that, MC Zone was born. It's the game-mode that started it all, and there would certainly be no Avicus without it. It drew in hundreds of players, player counts that only a handful of other servers had hosted at the time. But today, Walls is sad and lonely, and it needs your help!

What could we add to The Walls to bring it back to life? Do you play The Walls? Do you like it? We have been strongly considering holding back releasing it into Atlas because it doesn't draw in the players it did in the past and developing it would be quite an undertaking (it would not be done through a simple walls XML module, but rather through structures and regenerating blocks that would have to be carefully planned out). If we bring it back, we want it to be fresh and unique.

GrapeSmoothie June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

reserved for neato & comment

TurkishDelite June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

yaaaaaaaaaaas were going somewhere now

Arigenn June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

Siege: There are two teams. There is a wall / barrier separating both teams, each team has 3 monuments/cores, the goal is to fortify as much defense as possible in a build period similar to walls, once the period is over, the barrier drops, and the REAL match begins. Mix of Walls and Nebula.

ClubberNugget June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

Please keep walls, it is such a fun gamemode and there are people who still play it and would hate to see it go.

/summon walls community

brace yourself, they are coming

Tarheelkiwi June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

I never liked how you would spend half an hour gearing up to just die right as the walls drop.  Quite depressing.  Also, even though it's a team game, people really don't share supplies too much because they don't want to die.  So how about each team has an obsidian block where as long as that block isn't broken, you can respawn.  However, if a player from another team breaks your obsidian, if you die you are out of the game.

Crimson_Aught June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

Make a mash-up of walls and you-know-what-gamemode. Same for SG ;-)
Edit: some kind of what Adm suggests

The main problem is boredom of playing alone (not enough players) for ten minutes.
Speed it up, maybe make 2 teams walls, make maps more "artificial"

Numberz_ June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

I used to play a lot of Walls. What I really think it needs (some people might agree with this) is the original Hypixel maps back. Walls and Jungle were two of my favourite maps because they were difficult and required knowledge of the cave systems to win.

Avicus also needs some sort of official Walls tournament with large sized teams competing.

Numberz_ June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

I never liked how you would spend half an hour gearing up to just die right as the walls drop.  Quite depressing.  Also, even though it's a team game, people really don't share supplies too much because they don't want to die.  So how about each team has an obsidian block where as long as that block isn't broken, you can respawn.  However, if a player from another team breaks your obsidian, if you die you are out of the game.
That is more like DTM based UHC where each side has an island with a monument. There is a period where players can collect resources before PvPing. I think that would be a cool gamemode to add.

VenomousViper June 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM UTC

What about a UHC version of walls. With the current walls no one grabs the gold or iron on the maps all they grab is the diamond. If we make UHC walls we wouldn't be able to regen so gold and apples would become a necessity. 

SamuelJacob9 June 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM UTC

What about a UHC version of walls. With the current walls no one grabs the gold or iron on the maps all they grab is the diamond. If we make UHC walls we wouldn't be able to regen so gold and apples would become a necessity. 
+1

Posighdun June 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM UTC

Siege: There are two teams. There is a wall / barrier separating both teams, each team has 3 monuments/cores, the goal is to fortify as much defense as possible in a build period similar to walls, once the period is over, the barrier drops, and the REAL match begins. Mix of Walls and Nebula.
+1

SnowSX3 June 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM UTC

That sounds awesome!

BoldAndBrash June 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

This could work for a lot of gamemodes. Have events such as a 2x credit multiplayer for walls for 1 day, chance to win keys upon victory for a week, etc.

I also like Ari's siege idea.

Precise_ June 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

+1

ImNotYourTiger June 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Please keep walls, it is such a fun gamemode and there are people who still play it and would hate to see it go.

/summon walls community

brace yourself, they are coming
EXCUSE ME SIR BUT I DONT THINK WE HAVE THAT PLUGIN

JJTheGuy June 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Bring back the OG maps. Please, for the love of god. I LOVED the original walls.

Jellow_ June 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Mob walls (or some other better name):

So an idea I had would be to have multiple different areas in the starting zone where mobs would spawn (these areas wouldn't be like grinders, more like mob arenas, It would have to be challenging to grind).

The general idea: 
The premise of the game would be to kill the mobs at the start to get currency (I'll come back to this later) and you would use said currency to buy items from a villager such as armour and weapons.

The mob spawners:
 I thought that you could have something like a zombie spawner for the easiest one. The zombies would drop iron which would give from wooden swords, as well as leather armour and food such as carrots.

The second area would be a 
-skeleton?- spawner. The skeletons would drop gold which would be used to buy stronger gear such as stone swords, chain armour and food such as steak.

The final area would be a zombie+skeleton spawner, and I think the mobs could be buffed to be stronger than before. These would drop diamonds, which would be used to buy some of the best gear in the game: iron armour, iron swords and golden apples.

The walls aspect of it:
This gamemode would still keep traditional walls themes; after 10-15 minutes, walls in between the different teams would drop and they would have to fight to the death. The last team standing. Wins!

I personally believe that this gamemode would be lots of fun to play, I think it is original and requires tactical thinking as well as strong pvp and, pve skills.

Looking back on this post, it's quite different to the walls and I should probably of made a separate post for it. But meh, I'm goin to post it here anyway, as it is still technically just a spin on the traditional walls gamemode.

ClubberNugget June 16, 2016 at 1:06 AM UTC

Mob walls (or some other better name):

So an idea I had would be to have multiple different areas in the starting zone where mobs would spawn (these areas wouldn't be like grinders, more like mob arenas, It would have to be challenging to grind).

The general idea: 
The premise of the game would be to kill the mobs at the start to get currency (I'll come back to this later) and you would use said currency to buy items from a villager such as armour and weapons.

The mob spawners:
 I thought that you could have something like a zombie spawner for the easiest one. The zombies would drop iron which would give from wooden swords, as well as leather armour and food such as carrots.

The second area would be a 
-skeleton?- spawner. The skeletons would drop gold which would be used to buy stronger gear such as stone swords, chain armour and food such as steak.

The final area would be a zombie+skeleton spawner, and I think the mobs could be buffed to be stronger than before. These would drop diamonds, which would be used to buy some of the best gear in the game: iron armour, iron swords and golden apples.

The walls aspect of it:
This gamemode would still keep traditional walls themes; after 10-15 minutes, walls in between the different teams would drop and they would have to fight to the death. The last team standing. Wins!

I personally believe that this gamemode would be lots of fun to play, I think it is original and requires tactical thinking as well as strong pvp and, pve skills.

Looking back on this post, it's quite different to the walls and I should probably of made a separate post for it. But meh, I'm goin to post it here anyway, as it is still technically just a spin on the traditional walls gamemode.
My friend, have you heard of a great map called Monsterbash? :3

Jellow_ June 16, 2016 at 1:06 AM UTC

My friend, have you heard of a great map called Monsterbash? :3
No, I assume my ideas already been done based on what you said :(

felipu_feliu June 16, 2016 at 3:06 AM UTC

Sometimes I play while I wait for the tourney to start with my friends, it is fun

gobernment June 16, 2016 at 3:06 AM UTC

I was thinking just a more harder walls in general. My idea:

*Regeneration Gameplay*
Water bottled and drinken will heal you 1/2 a heart, no bottle reuse
Standing on bedrock will take a 1/2 heart per second
Walking over a player head gives you 4 hearts
Regeneration potions are not available
Spawners, when broken, heal 2 hearts
Notch apples are disabled to be made
Turn off natural regeneration

*Blocks Behaviour*
Obsidian has a blast resistance to that of a coal block
Shooting an arrow will automatically make it have gravity
Spawners when broken yield 4 spawn egg of that mob
Logs broken will make all other logs above topple

*Liquids Behavior*
Water bottles drinken have a chance of being stagnant, poisoning you
Lava in the overworld flows as fast as water
Sponges work much slower to absorb water

*Statues of Luck*
Holding a brick will grant you 2x of each mined ore
Holding a clay ball will grant you jump boost 1

VenomousViper June 16, 2016 at 3:06 AM UTC

I was thinking just a more harder walls in general. My idea:

*Regeneration Gameplay*
Water bottled and drinken will heal you 1/2 a heart, no bottle reuse
Standing on bedrock will take a 1/2 heart per second
Walking over a player head gives you 4 hearts
Regeneration potions are not available
Spawners, when broken, heal 2 hearts
Notch apples are disabled to be made
Turn off natural regeneration

*Blocks Behaviour*
Obsidian has a blast resistance to that of a coal block
Shooting an arrow will automatically make it have gravity
Spawners when broken yield 4 spawn egg of that mob
Logs broken will make all other logs above topple

*Liquids Behavior*
Water bottles drinken have a chance of being stagnant, poisoning you
Lava in the overworld flows as fast as water
Sponges work much slower to absorb water

*Statues of Luck*
Holding a brick will grant you 2x of each mined ore
Holding a clay ball will grant you jump boost 1
That sounds awesome.

Murphh June 16, 2016 at 4:06 AM UTC

Please keep Walls. <3  I originally came to this server to play Nexus and SkyWars with McZone, but I stayed because I discovered Walls.  Recently, I play Nebula more because it's hard to get a decent Walls game going.

Walls could continue to be an awesome gamemode with a few tweaks:
1) Bring back the original maps you had at the very beginning (original Walls, Jungle, one where house blew up (Idk name), etc...
2) Increase height limit back to original height (est. 150 blocks)
3) Prevent team stacking (no team with 2+ more members than any other team) 
4) Fix compass
5) Remove most golden apples  (I like the idea of having to make your own using gold & apples found in quad)
6) Remove OP regen/strength/harming potions (speed is okay)
7) Turn on fire spread again
8) Enable mobs to spawn (Jungle was great that way and one of the tetris maps too)
9) Allow a vote to start with less than 8 players (sometimes we wait too long for a game to start)

Another idea is to create maps that you can use in Walls, but they are really SkyWars type maps with enderpearls.  I think a couple of map devs created this before, but they were only tested and not put into rotations.

I also like the other ideas mentioned above Walls/Nebula Hybrid, Walls UHC, etc...

Thanks for asking for player feedback on this topic. :)

Riilo June 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM UTC

Walls if fine lol, there is nothing wrong about it. I originally played walls when I joined this server, and that is why I am so shit at nebula. The only reason it doesn't get attention is because those regular players just don't like the gamemode in general. Avicus's current player count if also very low, so everyone just plays nebula. I'm sure all walls players think it is fine, and they would play it, if they were all on at the same time.

SnowSX3 June 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM UTC

Walls if fine lol, there is nothing wrong about it. I originally played walls when I joined this server, and that is why I am so shit at nebula. The only reason it doesn't get attention is because those regular players just don't like the gamemode in general. Avicus's current player count if also very low, so everyone just plays nebula. I'm sure all walls players think it is fine, and they would play it, if they were all on at the same time.
and that is why I am so shit at nebula

Let's be honest...it's not the only reason why you're so shit at Nebula xD 

:P

kycrafft June 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM UTC

UHC walls would be pretty damn cool. And maybe a "Speed Walls" where everyone gets speed 2 and haste 2 before the walls drop, but only 5 minutes to prepare.

Zeusy June 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM UTC

UHC walls would be pretty damn cool. And maybe a "Speed Walls" where everyone gets speed 2 and haste 2 before the walls drop, but only 5 minutes to prepare.
+1

ProfessorUtonium June 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Any other neato suggestions?

GrapeSmoothie June 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

More neato's

steven5703 June 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Yes: don't use the word neato

NopressureV2 June 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM UTC

Please keep Walls. <3  I originally came to this server to play Nexus and SkyWars with McZone, but I stayed because I discovered Walls.  Recently, I play Nebula more because it's hard to get a decent Walls game going.

Walls could continue to be an awesome gamemode with a few tweaks:
1) Bring back the original maps you had at the very beginning (original Walls, Jungle, one where house blew up (Idk name), etc...
2) Increase height limit back to original height (est. 150 blocks)
3) Prevent team stacking (no team with 2+ more members than any other team) 
4) Fix compass
5) Remove most golden apples  (I like the idea of having to make your own using gold & apples found in quad)
6) Remove OP regen/strength/harming potions (speed is okay)
7) Turn on fire spread again
8) Enable mobs to spawn (Jungle was great that way and one of the tetris maps too)
9) Allow a vote to start with less than 8 players (sometimes we wait too long for a game to start)

Another idea is to create maps that you can use in Walls, but they are really SkyWars type maps with enderpearls.  I think a couple of map devs created this before, but they were only tested and not put into rotations.

I also like the other ideas mentioned above Walls/Nebula Hybrid, Walls UHC, etc...

Thanks for asking for player feedback on this topic. :)
As murph said, two BIG things that could make walls is bringing back to Original walls map/Jungle too, and fix the compass

Murphh June 28, 2016 at 6:06 PM UTC

** Could we please keep the walls discussion alive here?  **

I'm afraid that walls will not be included into the Atlas release based on this original post to keep it "fresh and unique".

fresh - Add all the updates that have been suggested in the past 4 months regarding fixes and tweaks (see comments above).

unique - Add back original maps made for walls that are out of rotations. Currently, 17 are in rotations and 3 are in storage. Bring back old maps not in either of these areas.

Originally, what made walls fun was to play on maps that the "big youtubers" were playing on youtube.  You could watch what they did and then try strategies out for yourself.  Bringing the original 4 maps that you had in rotations at the start would make a huge difference.  

I don't think walls has to be all that unique.  Classic walls is just fine.  

Off topic:  I feel the same way about SG. Bring the original SG maps back and players would play them.

Patrikano June 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

Ugh you don't need that much, people right now are suggesting things that would change walls completely. :/

There should be (and is) a mini walls, which is a smaller map and only has 5 minute preparation for fast games.

The rots needs to be changed more often, we are stuck with the same rots for like a year now, it's boring and repetitive.

Team stacking is annoying, so yeah :/

And don't change the walls kits if you are going to make them really awful.(like it was last time)

Goodnighht June 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

Kits: 
-Bunny and Stomper are the only 2 kits used at this point. Some of the kits are decent but it needs to be more balanced.
-There needs to be a way to get the kits, everyone having them give no reason to play walls. You can only play a few games before you get bored because there is no goal to get to, no kit to try to get, no prestige-type system.

Maps:
-There are plenty of maps on walls that either 1. No one likes or 2. are the same other then the look of it. 
-The maps that people have enjoyed have had glitches and no one has tried to fix them. (atleast it doesn't seem like it.) The old, good maps like Monsterbash, Grotto Arena, Tetris Village, Reverse (I believe that was the name, the map that had the mine as the top and wood etc. underground.). All of these maps were amazing, but then were removed from rotations for whatever reason. It would be amazing to have these back.

Map additions/removals:
-@MDevs, don't be so picky with walls maps. Try a map, if it's not good game play wise, then it's not a good map. I understand with Nebula maps you need to be more picky because there are a lot of maps, and you don't have time to test all of them. But with walls maps, they really don't have to look perfect. As far as I know, none of the people that would play walls if there were games open actually care about how the maps look, of course they should look decent, but it's not a top priority.
-There are maps that either no one likes, or very few people like. Such as Oz, Tropical Falls, Swampland terrors, and Garden. (Garden the only one in this list that's about half and half. I personally don't like it much, but some people love it so. ;p) Oz was removed a while ago because Stomper was too OP on it, but honestly now that Stomper isn't as OP the map isn't fun playing, the people that still play the map just sky base and screw around because no one likes the map. It's just not fun to play.Tropical Falls, this map is decent but the game play after the walls fall is just not good. It's too fast pase, even with 4 people in the map the game is over in under a minute, if people start to play walls again, this map will be terrible for everyone. Swampland Terrors looks very nice, but it's very small and hard to get a good game out of, I'm not totally sure why, but it's not too popular.

Height limits:
-This has been a issue for a long time now. The height limits are too low, sky bases were a huge part of walls when it was played. It gives a different challenge to need to take down a sky base, rather then just straight fighting everyone. It adds a skill to learn, another strategy, more options for things to do, and just overall makes the game more fun.

Compasses:
-Fix these, I get it if there's issues with it, but just please, fix them. It's really annoying trying to find people if they just crouch at bedrock and don't move...

More map ideas/expansions:
-I'm not even totally even sure what this means, but it would be cool to have it so you can change the time on your own map, change how much diamonds a diamond ore drops, change what things drop, change the kits, etc. We could do so much more with maps if this was possible. *I believe this will be more possible with ATLAS, I'm not sure though.

~Acceptancq/Micah

Patrikano June 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM UTC

Kits: 
-Bunny and Stomper are the only 2 kits used at this point. Some of the kits are decent but it needs to be more balanced.
-There needs to be a way to get the kits, everyone having them give no reason to play walls. You can only play a few games before you get bored because there is no goal to get to, no kit to try to get, no prestige-type system.

Maps:
-There are plenty of maps on walls that either 1. No one likes or 2. are the same other then the look of it. 
-The maps that people have enjoyed have had glitches and no one has tried to fix them. (atleast it doesn't seem like it.) The old, good maps like Monsterbash, Grotto Arena, Tetris Village, Reverse (I believe that was the name, the map that had the mine as the top and wood etc. underground.). All of these maps were amazing, but then were removed from rotations for whatever reason. It would be amazing to have these back.

Map additions/removals:
-@MDevs, don't be so picky with walls maps. Try a map, if it's not good game play wise, then it's not a good map. I understand with Nebula maps you need to be more picky because there are a lot of maps, and you don't have time to test all of them. But with walls maps, they really don't have to look perfect. As far as I know, none of the people that would play walls if there were games open actually care about how the maps look, of course they should look decent, but it's not a top priority.
-There are maps that either no one likes, or very few people like. Such as Oz, Tropical Falls, Swampland terrors, and Garden. (Garden the only one in this list that's about half and half. I personally don't like it much, but some people love it so. ;p) Oz was removed a while ago because Stomper was too OP on it, but honestly now that Stomper isn't as OP the map isn't fun playing, the people that still play the map just sky base and screw around because no one likes the map. It's just not fun to play.Tropical Falls, this map is decent but the game play after the walls fall is just not good. It's too fast pase, even with 4 people in the map the game is over in under a minute, if people start to play walls again, this map will be terrible for everyone. Swampland Terrors looks very nice, but it's very small and hard to get a good game out of, I'm not totally sure why, but it's not too popular.

Height limits:
-This has been a issue for a long time now. The height limits are too low, sky bases were a huge part of walls when it was played. It gives a different challenge to need to take down a sky base, rather then just straight fighting everyone. It adds a skill to learn, another strategy, more options for things to do, and just overall makes the game more fun.

Compasses:
-Fix these, I get it if there's issues with it, but just please, fix them. It's really annoying trying to find people if they just crouch at bedrock and don't move...

More map ideas/expansions:
-I'm not even totally even sure what this means, but it would be cool to have it so you can change the time on your own map, change how much diamonds a diamond ore drops, change what things drop, change the kits, etc. We could do so much more with maps if this was possible. *I believe this will be more possible with ATLAS, I'm not sure though.

~Acceptancq/Micah
Ugh, about swampland terrors, it was my fault for adding so many things, a bit too many lol.

I made a fix for it and lessened the amount of op stuff that are on it, and also removed some stuff so there'd be a chance to fight people, but the map devs still didn't change it :/

Like I have the actual fix for it, or atleast so it'd be better to what it is now which is just a shit ton of stuff and grass xd

Posighdun June 29, 2016 at 2:06 AM UTC

We would never remove walls or make big alternations to it in any way. We are known for Walls, thats's the reason we went big in the first place. We were the first network to release an automated version of the Walls after Hypixel released the map with all the command blocks and stuff. Although people don't play it that much anymore, it's part of our history so I'm pretty sure it will be staying for a long long time.

Posighdun June 29, 2016 at 2:06 AM UTC

As for Miniwalls, we could manipulate the YML to actually do this. So I'll look into that.

As for kit suggestions please PM me them on community slack.

Goodnighht June 29, 2016 at 3:06 AM UTC

As for Miniwalls, we could manipulate the YML to actually do this. So I'll look into that.

As for kit suggestions please PM me them on community slack.
I can't get Slack to work, is there any other way to give ideas?

Goodnighht June 29, 2016 at 3:06 AM UTC

Ugh, about swampland terrors, it was my fault for adding so many things, a bit too many lol.

I made a fix for it and lessened the amount of op stuff that are on it, and also removed some stuff so there'd be a chance to fight people, but the map devs still didn't change it :/

Like I have the actual fix for it, or atleast so it'd be better to what it is now which is just a shit ton of stuff and grass xd
Lol. Swampland Terrors isn't bad, but it's just plain and too fast pase. I guess once it gets updated to your new version it might be better ;3

Posighdun June 29, 2016 at 4:06 AM UTC

I can't get Slack to work, is there any other way to give ideas?
Skype, mine is htminecraft

flyofff June 29, 2016 at 6:06 AM UTC

Omg awesome idea!

dodgerXyz June 29, 2016 at 8:06 AM UTC

Damn I miss the walls

shadowolfyt July 1, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

I really like the suggestions given at the moment.

Murphh July 1, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

Here is a list of some walls maps that I remember from awhile back. Some I don't know the name, but only the description, so maybe other players can help me out.

* Blue Cove
* MesoPlanet
* Garden (might still be in rots)
* Tetris Plains
* Tetris Winter (might still be in rots)
* Reverse
* Old Forest
* Camelot
* Camp Creeper
* Original Walls 1 (Hypixel)
* Original Walls 2 - Jungle (Hypixel)

* [no name] - Was created by a group of Avicus players; Had a big windmill; Enchanted fish w/ KB on top of a hill in a chest; Mid was a big tower; Mine was full of iron/diamonds: House had wheat farm; 

* [no name] - Was one of the original Avicus walls map (unsure who created); Had a house on surface corner by mid that was rigged with TNT once you opened the front doors; Had a well; Had a pumpkin patch; 

* [no name] - Had an outer space feel; All in doors with white blocks; Had an underground patch of grass with a few cows covered in glass;

* [no name] - Had a huge mountain with special rooms; Items were named after players; I think Random_Guy made this

* [no name] - Had leather challenge on top of skinny mountain; Lots of skinny mountains with connecting bridges; wheat farm; chest with pick axes surrounded by cobwebs near spawn; I think PolarExpress made this

Other players might remember more names or descriptions. Please help out if you know. :)

Goodnighht July 1, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

Here is a list of some walls maps that I remember from awhile back. Some I don't know the name, but only the description, so maybe other players can help me out.

* Blue Cove
* MesoPlanet
* Tetris Plains
* Reverse
* Old Forest
* Camelot
* Camp Creeper

* [no name] - Was created by a group of Avicus players; Had a big windmill; Enchanted fish w/ KB on top of a hill in a chest; Mid was a big tower; Mine was full of iron/diamonds: House had wheat farm; 

* [no name] - Was one of the original Avicus walls map (unsure who created); Had a house on surface corner by mid that was rigged with TNT once you opened the front doors; Had a well; Had a pumpkin patch; 

* [no name] - Had an outer space feel; All in doors with white blocks; Had an underground patch of grass with a few cows covered in glass;

* [no name] - Had a huge mountain with special rooms; Items were named after players; I think Random_Guy made this

* [no name] - Had leather challenge on top of skinny mountain; Lots of skinny mountains with connecting bridges; wheat farm; chest with pick axes surrounded by cobwebs near spawn; I think PolarExpress made this

Other players might remember more names or descriptions. Please help out if you know. :)
The 3rd one is Vacuum by Itaily , last one is Overworld (something like that, I'm blanking) but it's still on rots ;3 the other 3 are really good maps I wish were back

Tetris Winter is still on rots, Garden is still in rots, all the others ones aren't but I wish they were lol

Crimson_Aught July 1, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

* Blue Cove
* MesoPlanet
* Tetris Plains
* Reverse
* Old Forest
* Camelot
* Camp Creeper

There is a list of all maps in our wiki :)

Posighdun July 3, 2016 at 6:07 AM UTC

I've increased the height limit in most of the Walls Maps :D

Some time this week I'm going to talk to Slicorn and we will organise some new kits.

hasl July 3, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

I've increased the height limit in most of the Walls Maps :D

Some time this week I'm going to talk to Slicorn and we will organise some new kits.
Didn't having an increased height limit allow for people to shot people over the walls before they fell?

Posighdun July 3, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

Didn't having an increased height limit allow for people to shot people over the walls before they fell?
I'm not too sure, if they do then we will just punish for it.

SnowSX3 July 3, 2016 at 7:07 AM UTC

I can see people shooting each other/building over the walls becoming a big problem if the walls' player base increases.

Murphh July 4, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

This is great news!  In the past, some players would snipe you off your skybase near middle before the walls dropped, but once the word got out that it was punishable, players stopped doing that and waited for walls to drop.  

Also, if you build your base near the edges, it's always a risk that you might get snipped off into the void anyways regardless of height limit, but it would be after the walls have dropped, not before.

ClubberNugget July 4, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

* Blue Cove
* MesoPlanet
* Tetris Plains
* Reverse
* Old Forest
* Camelot
* Camp Creeper

The one I made (hi it's Random_Guy) is called Grun Kaskade, I did fix it's gameplay issues. But they never found their ways to the rots haha.

I also think Ascent, another map I made, would have better gameplay now, now that stomper has been nerfed, but that's only if people want it back.

OP: regarding kits, I think stomper still needs to be nerfed, like, it shouldn't be stomper anymore, no fall damage being transferred, it's just too strong, I think it should just be no fall damage.

Goodnighht July 5, 2016 at 5:07 AM UTC

The one I made (hi it's Random_Guy) is called Grun Kaskade, I did fix it's gameplay issues. But they never found their ways to the rots haha.

I also think Ascent, another map I made, would have better gameplay now, now that stomper has been nerfed, but that's only if people want it back.

OP: regarding kits, I think stomper still needs to be nerfed, like, it shouldn't be stomper anymore, no fall damage being transferred, it's just too strong, I think it should just be no fall damage.
^^ I agree with this fam, Stomper shouldn't be stomper, and if it stays stomper then it should take fall damage, but give like 50% or 25% of the damage you take. But just getting rid of stomper and just making it either 1, no fall damage, or 2 feather falling 4 diamond boots(?).

OldManTigerMask July 14, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC

Love that idea....

Also bump... I think we sure keep this discussion going

SnowSX3 July 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM UTC

Love that idea....

Also bump... I think we sure keep this discussion going
I think we sure keep this discussion going
That's great but generally you do that by actually saying something that would continue the discussion xD

A UHC based Walls game sounds so awesome but I think the amount of gold would need to be seriously decreased to make it harder and so that people don't have like 20 gold apples each.