Avicus Archive

Well... What can I say? I guess it's goodbye by tel6331 May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Well.... How do I start?...... For those of you who don't know me very well, I will give you a little insight of my time on Avicus.

It was a warm summer and a few of my friends and I decided that we should make a Minecraft map since we had just gotten into PvP. We wanted it to be different from others and a gamemode that would stand out from any others like TDM or Capture The Flag. After many confused and bored faces, we had come up with our idea and we began building. We decided that the map would be high in the sky and hosted on islands..... And so Skywars was born. Many of you who were on McZone (Now known as Avicus) may remember a gamemode called Skywars. Yes, this was the gamemode.

Once we had built the gamemode we played the map countless times within a small group of IRL friends but my friend JJtCool wanted to go bigger. He decided that he would put the gamemode onto a server called McZone with the permission of a certain person called FunkyStudios (Now known as Kylocode). This was soon implemented and proved to be a big hit on the server. Since the map was then put on the server, this encouraged to me start playing on the server. I became a regular and I became familiar with the mods at the time (No McZone veterans remain after I leave unfortunately). This map got more and more popular that FunkyStudios decided to host a tournament after we built Skywars 2.0. As there were 3 islands, there were 3 teams (The Creators, McZone Staff and YouTubers). This was one of my favourite minecraft memories. The teams consisted of Myself, JJtCool, PINEAPPLE_SLAYER, W1NKILLER2 and hughsie1. The McZone staff consisted of FunkyStudios, killerbye22, Shirokamii and Blackhawk6alpha. And finally the YouTubers consisted of Exploding_TNT, GameplayerHD, and some other people whose names escape me for the time being.... Anyways...... We won this tournament and life went on. I carried on play McZone more until one of my friends and a certain Blackhawk6alpha suggested that I apply for a staff position on the server. I did so accordingly and woop woop I got Moderator. (No staff interviews back then so was eZ :P)

As time passed on, McZone was becoming bigger with the new gamemode nebula. FunkyStudios wanted to make the server even bigger, and so, the plans to transform McZone into Avicus began.

Just before Avicus was going to be released, I was asked if I would like to take up the spot as Sr Moderator on the Network and I responded with "Heeeeeeell Yeah!" But, I did have to go through an interview this time and yeah.... aced it :P Anyways, so yeah Avicus was born and everything was fine etc.... Now for more recent updates.....

Avicore was a major update to the Avicus network. It was a big step up in what we had achieved. Prior to the update of Avicore, I was asked a question....Whether I wanted to take on the role as Manager. Because it was me, I replied with "Ye bitch" and boom, I was Manager. And the Gamemode 1 abuse was real XD I built many things in nebula such as hot tubs, swimming areas, temples, statues and castles :P Don't forget the massive Crosses that I stood on when I had a Jesus skin :P

But then came another update where Manager was then morphed into Sr Moderator again and well yeah, story of my lyfe really..... Nah

Then recently, I was given the opportunity to become Staff Administrator in the server. I was enthusiastic about the task and I was willing to take it on with much excitement. It all started off well and I was happy and I thought that I could do many great things in the future.... but......

The last few weeks have been very hard on me, I have had more than 4 personal and heartbreaking issues pop up within 5 days. This was extremely hard to deal with. I felt more alone than ever and all that motivation I had was stripped away from me. I lost motivation for everything. But my boys and girls here on Avicus always knew how to cheer me up and they helped me along the way however my motivation has yet to return. That is why I am announcing my retirement, after almost 2 year on this server.... I think.....

It has been quite and journey and one that I have both loved and treasured. I have had many laughs on the server, Skype calls, the server's TeamSpeak and even when I am on my own. I am sure that everyone I have talked to, I have somewhere along the line squeezed a laugh out of you :P And I am sure that I will again.

I will not fully leave the server, I will still be on TeamSpeak, Skype if you need me and every now and then I will pop on the server to say hi.

I will not go through a list of players that I want to thank since I want to thanks every player on this server. Even the banned players.... I want to thank them for giving me the pleasure of banning them :D and the players who are currently on the server thank you for just keeping this server alive. I don't plan on coming back as a staff member so you will only see me with my Diamond tag ;)

So I guess it has been quite a journey! I will miss everyone here!

Finally my last announcement will be about my Successor. He is fairly new to the staff team but has been impressive all round. He has exceeded all expectations and I have no doubt that he will perform excellently as an Admin. The choice was not made just by me, but by the whole Admin team so there was no bias involved.

Adios amigos, I will see you around I guess

Ya boi teli <3

P.S Sorry for the Essay :P 

Notalgicular May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Naw bye

Lavish May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Bye.

Vobaseball12 May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Bye :(

Newcleus May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

You will be missed, Tel :(

360noscope420blazeit

Pelpelajax May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Congrats Michael, well deserved buddy.

DaGoldBrick May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

quit for csgo smh

Glitchaye May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

bad

and stop fucking 1 shotting me with a pistol

vYuri May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Bye  D:

PokerFace May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Bye....
Thanks for the Staff Spotlights :D 
Hopefully they can continue.

RightSide May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Oh bye Tel your have been a great Admin, sad to see you leave. You have been a good inspiration and I looked up at you! :D Good luck in life !

JustBudah May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Nooooo, good luck in life Tel.

Precise_ May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

R.I.P 
Rest in Pink

tel6331 May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

quit for csgo smh
Damn... You got me

PublixEmployee May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Was great having you man. You were not only a great admin to me but also a great friend. The summer pizza and heavy breathing will live on for life!

Galrandir May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Noooo! Tel!!! Bai ;( Gl with other things!

resepignev May 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM UTC

Weeew. Didn't expected that!
I hope you gain your motivation back and stuff!
Good luck in life!

GrapeSmoothie May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Aww bye Teli :C Good luck in life

Spoookeh May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

NOOO! TEL!!! You did a great job as Admin and you will be greatly missed, farewell and good luck in life!

Rainstruck May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Later man nice talking to ya on TS.

Aerosmith May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

You will most certainly be missed. Congratulations Michael!

Javipepe May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Good luck in future endeavors. Sad to see you leave anyways :(

Also congrats Straightened on admin!

Goodnighht May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

I understand lyphe problems, I'm sure Michael will do great, good luck with your life :)

ViceTechnicolour May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

...Love you, tel. Thanks for all of the hard work, and relationship you had with the server. You won't be forgotten!

alexanderjoe May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

I never really had the chance to talk with you a lot but when I did you were and still are a really funny guy, bye!

And congratz Michael.

scolton May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

I'm not sure if you even knew that I existed, but I'm still sad you're retiring and I'm sorry for all that you have been through.

<3

JUBBINATOR May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Bai tel :c
:C
:CCCCCC

Jahaj May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Thanks for all your dedication! But as one door closes, another opens. :D

hasl May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Good luck in life man,
Rest In Peace McZone staff. You will be missed :((

Porkyyy May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM UTC

Man, I'll sure miss you, tel!
You were a great staff member, and really fun to talk to on TS. <3

Good luck in life! :3

Tarheelkiwi May 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Sad to hear this D:

JDKL May 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

You will be missed tel. :(
Congratulations Straightened.

Petlas May 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

You'll be greatly missed, especially for the fact that you were one of the last remaining staff from long ago. Plus, you had many great attributes. :(

BoldAndBrash May 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Good luck in life man,
Rest In Peace McZone staff. You will be missed :((
Iz and Kylo are alive :D

And tel is gone.... D:

Good bye tel! </3

izjust4fun May 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM UTC

Aw, sucks to see you go :L 

But you forgot about me hah,, looks like I'm the last remaining MC Zone staff member left :c

Gl with the future :D

kycrafft May 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM UTC

I really regret not getting to know you better. You always seemed like a cool guy. I think we're all going to miss you.

Jahaj May 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Aw, sucks to see you go :L 

But you forgot about me hah,, looks like I'm the last remaining MC Zone staff member left :c

Gl with the future :D

What about funkystudios/Kylo/Ivy?

Also, Can someone tell me why the director rank was removed?

FrozenSolstice May 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Bye Tel!
:(

chaibrit1 May 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

Farewell tel! You will be missed, thank you for all your hard work <3

Emmaye May 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

bad

and stop fucking 1 shotting me with a pistol
Tec9tec9tec9?!?!? Also you are really nice and chill guy Tel, you had a good run as admin. Hope to play some csgo with you in the future if possible xd

BoldAndBrash May 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM UTC

What about funkystudios/Kylo/Ivy?

Also, Can someone tell me why the director rank was removed?
Kylo will be here forever...He made the server.

Also, I believe because people had no idea what a Director was, so they changed it to Admin.

SnowSX3 May 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Thanks for everything Telly!

Sho May 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

A moment of silence. Literally one of the best and most approachable dude. Stay chill in life, and of course good luck!

Mango_ May 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Thanks so much for all your work Tel. You're a great guy to talk to, and best of luck for the future!

MajestysDream May 2, 2015 at 1:05 AM UTC

Thank you for everything, Tel! I hope your life gets better. :)

Eteh May 2, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

Bye ;( good luck in life!

SWEET_Johny May 2, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

RIP McZone.

Subscriptor May 2, 2015 at 3:05 AM UTC

Bye. Good luck in life.

GalaxyBen May 2, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

Well, What can I say

This has happened to everyone, we are really sorry to see you go.

Good luck in life, It was great seeing you.

Thanks for Everything!

Bye!

Zedther May 2, 2015 at 6:05 AM UTC

kcya

Okiba May 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM UTC

Cya m8. I was on ever since McZone xd. Guess i never interacted with any1. Its been nice knowin ya. I hope you the best in all your future endeavors

Fuseh May 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

Bye?Cya?Good luck.

TheColdCrafter May 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM UTC

Bye bye
i think u were a good admin, thats a hit to the staff team, but gl on whatever you do
also congrats michael/straightened on admin

Beautifulistic May 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM UTC

I never got to know you, but goodbye. Goodluck in life, Tel!

tel6331 May 2, 2015 at 1:05 PM UTC

Thank you everyone for understanding and being so supportive of my departure. You are all a great community and it has been a great privilege working with you all.