Avicus Archive

Thanks from the Jr Mods!! by Rainstruck January 30, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

I thought it would be nice for all of the Jr. Mods to write a little something for the community. I said it could be as long as the wanted. I was expecting maybe 2-3 sentences out everybody, but what I received from all of the other Jrs. was beyond what I imagined.

This is the story of the Jr. Mods 

"This experience from starting off with a simple yet delicately written application then to a nervous filled interview has been a fantastic and enjoyable experience. I appreciated being with all my fellow interviewees yet my adventure has just begun with my actual moderating experience. I cannot wait to see what's to come and I would like to thank all the staff for their support throughout this process!"
-John (johnyoyo9)

"My journey on Avicus has been amazing, but I've had my ups and downs. I was once a Mod in the early days of Avicus, but I had to retire for personal reasons, I still stayed active, and now I am a Jr. Mod. Thank you so much to the Admins and Sr. Staff for giving me this opportunity, and thank you to the community for supporting me! My journey has been like a book, and I'm so excited to see what's in store for me in the chapters ahead.  Let's get it!"
- Cal (calwhovian)

“Wow, I never imagined that I would get the opportunity to do something as crazy as this. I joined the forums literally a month and a half ago, and I have been blown away at how positive the feedback has been. I have made so many friends on this server and I would like to thank each and everyone of you for supporting me.Thank You Greg for being my first true friend on this server!! :D Thank you staff for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to serve the best community in the world. Whatever happens in the future, I can’t wait to see all of the fun that I will get to have with the greatest minecraft community ever! #Avicus2k15!!”
-Riley (rileguy)

“I'm going to start this with saying thanks to everyone who is a staff member who even considered me one of them.  I am soooo thankful for this community in many ways. First of all this was my first ever minecraft server. I remember when I was  at my house sitting with Jake.  We each got minecraft that day and spent hours looking for a  minecraft server. He said "Hey what about avicus." so I said "sure!" and ever since that day, we have been playing and I must say this server has  had one of the best, nicest, and most welcoming  community I have EVER  seen. I want to thank everyone on the server, Not just those who like me,  but everyone for making this server  the way it is today.  I am soo happy that out of every server to choose from, I chose avicus, Best server in my personal view.  Now to move to the staff.  Thank you soo much for everything you have done for the community and other staff members. None of use would be here withought you guys, You are Kind, loving, and most importantly welcoming. I have never seen one single person on avicus not get help from you.  I care soo much about every member on avicus, Never have a doubt in my mind that I would give up.  Now there is one more person I would LOVIs Jake, withought him I would never be on Avicus  or even minecraft. thanks you everyone for reading this. Your an amazing community.”
-Connor (connor4961)

“Oh my, I could have never of guessed that I would be here on Avicus today, as a Jr. Mod. I've come so far from when I first joined Avicus and called Nebula, "Nubula." I really couldn't have done it without the help of the countless people who have helped or have been there for me along the way. Even if you just said hello to me in game, you make a difference to me and to the community. Also, thank you to all the Admins & Sr. Staff for giving me this opportunity. Thank you all <3. Although I'm only a Jr. Mod, I'm glad that I have this chance in the first place. All I can do and will do is try my best to make Avicus even better. Now let's make this a great year for the server. :)”
-Britney (bpirr)

“Wow. The journey up until now has truly changed me. The many trials, and tribulations that led to this event have turned me into a whole new person. I still recall my first moments on this server constantly asking “Hey Mr.(Player) how do you play Nebula?” or thing like; “How do I play?” However, one day while playing the strange and elusive Nebula; I met a player called Sunrise728. That moment in time literally changed my life forever. After playing in-game for about a month or two with Sunrise, we both started pestering each other about certain things. I always used to tell him to join the forums, while he told me to get a rank. The breakthrough we finally had was when Sunrise showed me teamspeak.  At first on teamspeak I was the “shy” person who never talked, but then…. I also met a player called Buster_U! Buster and I started to encourage each other to talk. Then came the day I “talked” for the first time. I don’t recall the fine print but it was sort of me saying “hi” a lot. After a month of my small talk I finally moved on to normally speaking. This is when I met a bunch of really rad people. It was spring break and I was introduced to staying all night just binge playing Minecraft with the teamspeak “crew.” I made great friends with Glitchy1, Mooch24, MLGTino and many other people. This is what really boosted my self esteem because at the time I was struggling at school, and I had no friends because I had moved countries. The combination of my new found friends and Sunrise+Buster really made me brighten up and overall allowed me to become a more vocal and self confident person in school. However, this also led to my 4 month grounding. I used to play Minecraft so much my struggling grades lowered, from a B I went to  B-’s (My family requires A’s to not be shunned). I was barred from play Minecraft and video-games in general for around 4 months. This was a period of time when I gained a lot of great friends, and also became very active on teamspeak. I was constantly avoiding the “ban” and going on Teamspeak to whisper to people. For the following months I was always on Teamspeak and had some really interesting talks.       Now I waited eagerly for the Staff Application, the 2 weeks prior to the opening of staff applications were some that I will cherish for ever. I learnt that one of my best friends on teamspeak (Itzdylan115) played Destiny (A game on PS/Xbox). I finally had someone to talk too about something that I played to my hearts content! From then to current times we had great talks about the highs and lows, and various other aspects of Destiny. Through these times my fondness for teamspeak increased higher and higher. Then… I realized I was under-review, then suddenly I had an interview. I eagerly booked an interview and began the wait. The day of the interview was a quite an event. Something I will look back too as an event worth remembering forever.  Getting the trial for Jr. Mod has changed me forever and I guarantee everyone on Avicus my dedication.”
-IronSoldier2000/Irone

“I never knew I can make it this far but I did.  I really am happy to be Jr Mod because I want to contribute to the server and help it a lot. By being Jr Mod, I want to make the server a better place.  I really have to thank all the other staff members for inspiring me to get to Jr Mod. One thing is that I am Jr Mod and I am not really the head of the server but still I think it is really great to be a Jr Mod. For me, this is a great job to be in during school because this can give me some experience in the future if I ever own business or run a company. I am just really happy to get here.”
-Clock (clockracer)

“Hey guys, Vlad here, today I wanted to thank you all for believing in me and keeping me in a positive attitude in the past year. In a few days it marks my first full year with the Avicus Network. Going back to the subject I started with, I wanted to say thank you for believing in me and keeping me in a positive attitude, without all of your support I would have possibly left the community or just given up on becoming staff on Avicus. The moment I joined the server I knew that this server is the type of server I would like to be Moderator on. And now it has happened, and I will make sure to work hard to keep the amazing server running as well as keep my position or maybe get promoted. People I want to thank:MLGPorky, without him I would have never been here or gotten to know you guys, he was the one who showed me Avicus and introduced me to the community!Fluenza was the first Mod friend I had ever had on Avicus and I really enjoyed meeting him! Even if he was staff he believed that all players would be treated equally, therefore he would collaborate with each and every player that would approach him.Sorry for not putting more, there are MANY other people who I would put but since this is supposed to be short these are the only two people. Thank you guys once again!”
-Vlad (vladthegreat100)

“Hello, I would first of all like to thank the Sr Moderators who accepted me as a Jr Mod, you have accepted me back into position that I know and love. There have been a few and maybe more people that have been behind me, encouraging me to go for Mod again; thank you. You gave me the confidence to get into that interview room and do my best, and that's exactly what I did. I would also like to acknowledge all those who tried out for Jr Mod, but got denied. Failure is what makes us better, everytime you get denied, you're taking steps forwards, not backwards. People who try and try their hardest are the ones who usually come out successful. I know that the first time I got Mod was the first time I went for it, but after getting demoted I got a taste of what it's like, so take it from me, don't give up.”
- Cupcake1241

"Well, it's been a great long journey getting here. I joined Avicus about a year ago, when Ducksfanwaterloo introduced me to the server and forums. At first, I mainly loved Avicus because of how great the community was, and how much support I was finally getting for my YouTube channel. I was instantly hooked to Avicus, therefore I stayed. In the first few months, I had already made tons of friends, and met many new people. Some of my first friends on Avicus (Excluding Ducks and Vlad) were CrafterPete1013, 99250, jozzmcozz (Fluenza_) and many others. These are the main people who I remember had a great impact on me when I first joined. I considered Pete my best friend that I met on Avicus, and we had a lot of good times, and created some amazing memories! 99250 was always a really good friend, and it always made me happy to see him and play with him. Fluey was one of my favourite moderators at that time, since he always seemed happy, had a great sense of humour, and just made me feel better when I had a bad day. Thanks to these guys (and a lot more), my time on the Avicus Network was amazing! As time passed, I started to want to do more for the community, which is why I did a giveaway, and tried to build a couple of maps with Vlad (Yes, we are terrible builders ;D). When the Avicore update came out, I was really excited to try out the 2 new gamemodes (Avicade and Nexus). Avicade was really fun for me, since I was always competing with the top Avicade players to see who would prestige first. Avicus just kept getting better, despite some of the problems that some users were bringing up on the forums. Now, in January, I applied for a Moderator position for the third time, and I was very excited to see that my application had been accepted. After I passed my interview, I was happy that I had finally moved on in the server, and finally got the chance to be like the moderators who made my first few months on Avicus amazing! Thanks to everyone for supporting me in the past year, and I'll never forget you all! Much love! <3 :'D"
-MLGPorky

“This has been a long awaited goal for me to achieve and it has finally happened. I would like to thank a few people that have helped me along the way: cole1crc - you were the one who originally introduced me to the server “A really awesome Hunger Games server”, Sr. Mods +,Thank you for accepting me into the staff team. This has been an amazing journey to and thanks again anyone and everyone who has helped me along the way.”
-Viper (Venomous_Viper1)

"The amount of support I've recieved has been amazing. So many people from both the staff and community has showed me so much love and I couldn't be more thankful. In my close to 3 years of playing Minecraft, I have never met a better community than Avicus. Now that I'm a Jr.Moderator it's time for me give back to the community that has been so good to me."
-SnowSX3

"Looking back on it I really never expected myself to even apply. I know I joked about it but I never really could myself as any type of rank. I doubt anyone looked at me and though "Hey he would be a good mod!", since I'm just a Steve that goes on the forums. I just have to give my thanks to the community. You guys are the reason I still play. If you weren't here, I'd have left 8 months ago :0. Don't ever give up on Avicus, it's such a great server. I'm proud to represent the AVN as staff (until I get demoted) and I want to play as long as I can."
-kycrafft 

“As Jr. Moderators we will strive to use our powers for good, not evil. We will maintain the upmost confidence in ourselves and the server. We will grow together as friends,family and most importantly, a server. We thank you for your support in everything that you have done for us. Now, as Jr. Mods, we will return the favor to you”
-The Jr. Mod Team

Lavish January 30, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

<3

Rainstruck January 30, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

<3

HentieSenpai January 30, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

I can't read this without my eyes

ViceTechnicolour January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

this was an amazing batch of juniors

Notalgicular January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

I've adapted to using my feet to read, its cool bro.

SnowSX3 January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

You've been saying that on multiple threads.Please stop, it gets quite spammy.

Princezz_Dubstep January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

Awe, this is so amazing :)

Myv January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

<3

TheTNTPotato January 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM UTC

That's so cute, it's nice to know that you guys are enjoying your time here so far. Many of us, including myself, will try our hardest to continue to support you guys. x3 

Sometimes times are hard, you may become stressed over the position. I know that feeling. Always know that if you are ever in need of some advice or support, that we are here for you.

Robin_DD_J January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

The lord have accepted you all.

Only "Be scurred" will get this joke...

Porkyyy January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Thanks again to everyone! <3

Rainstruck January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Thank you everyone for giving me the greatest Minecraft experience ever!

Iron January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

<2

JKawesome January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

The lord have accepted you all.

Only "Be scurred" will get this joke...
All hail Robin, the lord of Avicus.

MajestysDream January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

I'm glad you guys are having a good time moderating the Avicus Network! Just like TNT said, we will continue to support you guys and help you with any of your questions or concerns! :)

chaibrit1 January 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

<3

JJTheGuy January 30, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Well, this is amazing, but here's the best part:

This isn't even ALL the Jr. Mods! More people still have yet to take their interview, and some have, but are waiting for a verdict. This batch is pretty dang amazing if I do say so myself, because I know all the people who made it BECAUSE they are the legends and the nice people in game. Shout out to you guys. <3

Dyspa January 30, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Was this made throught chat or throught TS?

Emmaye January 30, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

I really like the idea of this Rile!

JKawesome January 30, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

Slack.

Porkyyy January 30, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

rileguy messaged us all through Slack about a week ago, but I sent mine to him through Skype.

Rainstruck January 31, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

If there are any JR. Mods that would like to make one and add it go ahead!!

badgg January 31, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

wat a surprise, yo.

_Stormz January 31, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

It's great to see that lots of you guys are having a great time while still learning a lot of things. Keep it up, guys! :D

kycrafft January 31, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Edited mine in <3

FrozenSolstice January 31, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

I'll make up mine now :)

Rainstruck January 31, 2015 at 3:01 AM UTC

Thanks for doing this Ky, can't wait to read it! Actually might do that right now!!

Eklip_Z January 31, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Yay no demotions! :D

SnowSX3 January 31, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

<3

MissCarmel January 31, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

hm

hasl February 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM UTC

"Wow, what a day it's been. I wake and check my phone, I click on Skype and find a new message from PeachyYas. I click on it, and I am utterly stunned. The Sr Staff believed I could support, help and make an addition to the Avicus Network and community. I receive my rank, and the immediate feedback is unbelievable, from players in-game to the people on the forums. Everyone here has made my day just that extra special. I've got to know people better and what the true experience of being a staff member at Avicus actually is, you can't have it, unless you are there. Dealing with reports, chatting in TS and StaffChat. Peachy and Tel have been helping me and I want to thank you personally, you guys are really great staff. It's now the end of the day, and I'm buzzing for the next, and the next, and the one after! Boy, if this is a daily experience, I'd do it day, day out, with no complaint. And I am going too, give my absolute best. 110% effort. I look forward to meeting you all, and creating great memories that will last me a life-time."
~J420ac10k

Ducksfanwaterloo February 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM UTC

Thanks from the Community!!

"Thanks"  -  Robo

"Hi"  -  Dooz

"Sweet" - Greg

":D :D :D" - Mooch

"Cool"  -  Ducks

"^_^_^_^_^_^_^!!!!!"  -  MissCarmel

Thanks!

Mooch24 February 1, 2015 at 8:02 PM UTC

Thanks from the Community!!

"Thanks"  -  Robo

"Hi"  -  Dooz

"Sweet" - Greg

":D :D :D" - Mooch

"Cool"  -  Ducks

"^_^_^_^_^_^_^!!!!!"  -  MissCarmel

Thanks!
A-B-Cya!

Dyspa February 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

I would like one of these! Just pm me in Slack :)