Avicus Archive

Advanced PvP Tips by Stimulating October 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

I'm starting to reach that point where it seems so difficult to improve and i need to find little things to work on. Can anyone give me some advanced PvP tips such as more advanced combos, counter-strafing, and cps improvement plz? Yes, I do watch top PvPer's videos but sometimes you need to get some info different ways.

Thanks, 

-ShadowSlayerZ7

_Phyre October 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

mov forwerd nd lft clik.

IviFetita October 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

gg... I could see that you are trying to be better in PvP :P... You understand me xD
I'm the worst at pvp, but a tip is use the brain and think quickly, a arrow can shot you faster than you can do an iron armour :P

SlabSun October 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM UTC

The arrow from a bow always comes out the right side, so when shooting from behind a wall always think of that.

Be as penguinful as you can.

Strafe alot

Practice MLG block placing 

That's about all I can thnk of at the top of my head

Goodnighht October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

idk I just swing, strafe and kill ppl :P
 no rly much strategy... well not that ive thought about anyway lol

Stimulating October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

idk I just swing, strafe and kill ppl :P
 no rly much strategy... well not that ive thought about anyway lol
It takes a lot of good decision making in the moment. there's a lot of strategy involved. deciding what way to strafe, how to counter a move, how to break a combo, how you're going to get them into a combo, are you going to duel then or hold off for openings?

there's a lot of strategy and decision making it's just in the spur of the moment

Goodnighht October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

yea I know but I don't rly thnk about it rly I just go for it and hope I win :P
idk for me it almost is like a reaction lol
I mean I was fairly good at pvp when I first started pvp so idk its probly just me being dumb again but whatever :P

_Jasun October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

Most of the time what I do is try and ambush people and go for the crits. Nice and simple is the way I go. :D

vignesh2002 October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

Lower advantage + strafing + No lag + practice + Combo = the master

Hete October 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM UTC

Just keep PVPing. You'll find your own way.

PieZ October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

If you are not finding it hard enough then you are not being challenged. I challenge myself and I find a lot of things I can work on

MLGtino October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

Utilize the S button.

cinammoncroc000 October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

S-Step
Dubstep Combo
Combo Secrets

I found these videos useful.

EDIT:
1.7 PvP Tips

Stimulating October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

I'm starting to play on Kohi and find it challenging yet fun but it's so much harder not knowing how to hotbar than it should be...

cinammoncroc000 October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

I'm starting to play on Kohi and find it challenging yet fun but it's so much harder not knowing how to hotbar than it should be...
"... harder not knowing how to hotbar than it should be... "

What?
If you're talking about hotkeying, that takes practice but over time it should become pretty natural. And if your hotbar layout is confusing to you, that's probably because you need to create a new layout that isn't confusing. This applies to things like Hunger Games and Avicus as well :P

Stimulating October 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

S-Step
Dubstep Combo
Combo Secrets

I found these videos useful.

EDIT:
1.7 PvP Tips
ik how to dubstep combo decently it's just it doesn't work very well with my style and i don't find it reliable imo. thank you very much though, these seem quite useful :D. I use a kind of version of this mainly, I strafe and tap forward.

ImJeezus October 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

It really depends on what type of PvP.

MLGtino October 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

To be honest, no other technique matters as long as you can aim.

If your aim is crap, then don't even bother trying anything else.

Stimulating October 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

"... harder not knowing how to hotbar than it should be... "

What?
If you're talking about hotkeying, that takes practice but over time it should become pretty natural. And if your hotbar layout is confusing to you, that's probably because you need to create a new layout that isn't confusing. This applies to things like Hunger Games and Avicus as well :P
Ye I can't hotkey. -_-. It sucks when trying to PvP on Kohi...

Aanszo October 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM UTC

Ask Fluenza_ to teach you, I spent a good 45 minutes on Kohi learning from Sensei Fluey. He is da master.

Doppelganger_ October 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM UTC

Some things in real life you can do

- Stay Hydrated
- Stay Warm but not sweating
- Be relaxed (easier said than done)

In game:
- Don't overthink it
- Try and see if the person you are versing does uses pattern and is predictable (mainly for long and extended fights aka potpvp)

S3M3L October 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM UTC

See my post.

http://avicus.net/forums/28750914d?page=1#reply70376

Stimulating October 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

Ask Fluenza_ to teach you, I spent a good 45 minutes on Kohi learning from Sensei Fluey. He is da master.
Yeah we were 1v1ing on AU Kohi the other week. Taught me a lot and i can now jitterclick and i play better :D.

Stimulating October 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

To be honest, no other technique matters as long as you can aim.

If your aim is crap, then don't even bother trying anything else.
Some days my aim is shit. Those are the days i need to play a lot before 1v1ing on Kohi...

badgg October 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM UTC

It's much better if you teach yourself.

Practise makes perfect too. Keep playing 1v1 servers (such as Kohi).

Stimulating October 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM UTC

It's much better if you teach yourself.

Practise makes perfect too. Keep playing 1v1 servers (such as Kohi).
Splade and I were 1v1ing on Kohi and we're even skill so it helps. We're working on recording a 1v1 but basically I don't use a mousepad and he comes over with his laptop so he switches to my PC for 1round of his PoV and then I switch but the surface is different so my aim gets thrown off and I'm not used to having 1/3 of the FPS I usually do on servers (120/130 - 40/50)...

Note: I'm way better on Kohi than in Nexus for any who say I'm not difficult or of equal PvP skill to Splade.

BmB October 15, 2014 at 6:10 AM UTC

Ok pal add me on skype b.banno321

Stimulating October 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

Ok pal add me on skype b.banno321
Me? if so...k i guess :P