Avicus Archive

My demotion from Media. by dev_revs December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

Hiya friends, dev_revs, your former streamer of Project Redemption here. I have recently been demoted for "leaking my staff warning I was given about 3 weeks ago". This is not a post to take down the official team, or start a flame war, but to inform the community about what happened to one of the most reliable streamers. My staff warning was for toxicity and not following event staff policy. I'm going to start off with the leak. (One reason I am making a semi-deal out of this was because I really enjoyed my position, loved streaming matches and communicating in a different way with the community)

-Leaking my staff warning: I posted on the "Avicus memes" thread about my staff warning, not knowing this would be considered leaking. This was a warning given to me for something I needed to fix. I didn't see the problem with it, it's not like I'm leaking some HUGE classified information that the server can use, it only affects me, which is one reason why I was a little upset about this. They said "leaking is leaking" but in this case, I disagree. In my staff warning I wasn't told about not saying anything, and I had also talked about it in staff slack with some other staff members, and they didn't say anything about not mentioning it, so I mentioned it.
-My staff warning: Yeah, even I can agree that I was a bit of a bitch in staff slack, I was a bit tired of people not listening to the community and not being able to express my opinion without getting a bunch of crap for it. One thing that pissed me off was that they told me I wasn't following the event staff policy. I was like wait, we have a policy? When I was promoted, basically it was here's your rank , welcome to slack. I found out last night that the policy was pinned in alerts in slack, last time it was posted was June 14, which was about 6-7 months ago. They didn't bother to post it again with Project Redemption, so how can you expect us to remember everything? Even if I was on the edge of demotion with my staff warning, after I was given that warning I'd like to say I cooled down a bit in slack.
My activity/contribution: Aside from all this, I was one of Avicus' few very active medias and was always willing to stream when needed. Nathy called me one of his most reliable streamers. I literally streamed all of Project Redemption that I didn't play in. I don't remember getting a thank you for streaming from any other official other than Nathy, like where's our respect? They get mad at me for saying "I don't agree with a TDM match for finals for this tournament", basically disagreeing with the officials decision, but we rarely get appreciation for what we do. On the other hand, there were a hand full of medias who didn't really do anything last tourney. Didn't stream, co-commentate, or fill out the sign up sheet. Why weren't they demoted? But instead you decide to demote one of your best streamers, who definitely could have used some work with his attitude, but if you cared you would of tried harder to help.
This is not a post to bash the officials, so I ask please keep the hate away, and officials please don't start a flame war with me, this was to inform everyone on what happened and why I think my demotion was a bit unfair and reason being, shortsighted. A good amount of avicus players, including some staff members, agreed with me that leaking a staff warning was a controversial reason to demote.

Go ahead and post what you think down below, this wasn't exactly made to change the decision, maybe it will who knows. I appreciate the work the officials do for our tournaments.

DaFrozenBlaze December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

rip
shit reason to demote

Junr December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

Edit:
In all honest opinions, I would rather see your behavior be worked on and by having Officials help you find ways to fix that behavior. You were one of the most active and best Medias that we have, which is why you were my favorite Media. I don't mean to cause any trouble, but I think dev should be reconsidered. He wasn't trying to harm the server nor the staff team in any way, he wants to improve it just like the rest of us, but his ways are different than the majority of us here. He was honest and spoke for the majority of the community unlike come of us. Only thing dev is really doing by leaking his Staff Warning, is just humiliating himself :v... :(

2BJ December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

lol

ref December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

promote dev

thespina December 31, 2016 at 7:12 AM UTC

#DEVREVFORMEDIABITCHESTY

ref December 31, 2016 at 8:12 AM UTC

legitly spent a lot of time on streaming and you do this shit to him wow

Verybadsorry December 31, 2016 at 8:12 AM UTC

Rippp

AutoTool December 31, 2016 at 8:12 AM UTC

ok.. >j<,, that was SUPER cute devon :c also ur kinda Epic Streamer.

benaye December 31, 2016 at 8:12 AM UTC

Rippp
Careful, you'll end up banned like me.

flyofff December 31, 2016 at 8:12 AM UTC

Lol. Avicus actually enjoys banning people that actually do their job. I've always been saying: 'Who's next?'

lunaceee December 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM UTC

El OOOOO El

KojaCola December 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM UTC

Bring dev back! He deserves it.

kycrafft December 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM UTC

Classic Avicus: Staff vs community, it never gets old

joelous December 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM UTC

:'(

Patrikano December 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM UTC

I rarely post anything here anymore, though this time I have to. While I don't see Dev eye to eye on everything, I do think he deserved his rank and as he said himself - he streamed pretty much all of project redemption.

I wonder who will stream the next tournament matches? Because I really doubt there will be nearly as many streamed matches for the next tournament as there were this tournament because of Dev's demotion.

Hopefully you get your well-deserved rank back.
-Patrikano

Legoche December 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM UTC

As much as you was a bitch in slack to everyone, this isn't a good reason for a demotion

SamuelJacob9 December 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM UTC

theres avicus for ya

Crimson_Aught December 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM UTC

huh, Staff continue digging, no comments....

Han_So_Hyun December 31, 2016 at 11:12 AM UTC

Dayum...you are probably one of the people whom I had much fun playing scrim with. You are an easygoing, cooperative, and probably one of the most active streamer in Avicus. I have put myself in your shoes, and the officials' shoes. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find a legit reason as to why you were demoted. I really hope that after they see your post, they might reconsider their decision...and possibly promote you back again. Until then..rip xD what can I say

_Nathy December 31, 2016 at 11:12 AM UTC

He was already given a level 2 warning, a demotion was the only other punishment left

Seuthy December 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM UTC

welcome

Spoookeh December 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM UTC

You were a bit argumentative in slack but there was no real reason for a demotion

Myv December 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM UTC

Lol. Avicus actually enjoys banning people that actually do their job. I've always been saying: 'Who's next?'
Lmao

Myv December 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM UTC

I rarely post anything here anymore, though this time I have to. While I don't see Dev eye to eye on everything, I do think he deserved his rank and as he said himself - he streamed pretty much all of project redemption.

I wonder who will stream the next tournament matches? Because I really doubt there will be nearly as many streamed matches for the next tournament as there were this tournament because of Dev's demotion.

Hopefully you get your well-deserved rank back.
-Patrikano
Agreed

Crazy_ December 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM UTC

Just to touch on the staff policy thing, there isn't a need to post it again with every tournament. There is an expectation that when you become a staff member you read the policy and follow it for as long as you remain staff.

Even if it wasn't there when you started, after reading it that 6-7 months ago, there shouldn't have been a need for the event staff team to post it again.

hasl December 31, 2016 at 2:12 PM UTC

I wonder if anybody knows the entire staff policy off by heart..

Bloodoh December 31, 2016 at 3:12 PM UTC

adios popo

ogel December 31, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

ja

RATTLEWARRIOR December 31, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

#bringbackthedevs

Murphh December 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM UTC

A level 2 warning...what is that?  Maybe a level 3 or 4 warning should be added to avoid the demotion since it seems like an overkill. Maybe add the word 'probation' instead of moving directly to demotion

I hope the staff (within the staff policy) have created a path for people who are demoted to try to gain their previous ranks back.  It only seems logical since you want to keep quality people especially those who enjoy streaming for media rank.  Streaming is the best way players can see the tournaments and get excited about avicus gameplay.

So, you just fired your top media personality. Give him another chance to prove himself worthy for the next tournament. It sounds like the community feels he has earned it through his dedication to Project Redemption streaming.

profbananaslug December 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM UTC

looks to me like another one of those classic situations where instead of stopping to think and using a bit of common sense, the staff team instead decided to follow policy to the letter, demoting a valuable member for basically nothing and shooting themselves in the foot

potatoarmor December 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM UTC

dev_revs was by far (no offense to other medias) my favorite to watch. Sometimes the quality was low, but the commentary was A1 and he looked across all aspects of the gameplay to showcase to the world.

I don't know much of the story, but I feel as if dev deserves another chance, as it wasnt intended to hurt the community.

Naw mean

Humblares December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

#DevforMedia

dev_revs December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

Just to touch on the staff policy thing, there isn't a need to post it again with every tournament. There is an expectation that when you become a staff member you read the policy and follow it for as long as you remain staff.

Even if it wasn't there when you started, after reading it that 6-7 months ago, there shouldn't have been a need for the event staff team to post it again.
It wouldn't hurt to though, Xtra, a current media, was promoted before last tournament, he was not even aware we had a policy, how bad is that? that was my main concern for bumping it each tourney, new medias don't get it given to them by hand, which is a huge concern. That may of been why I didn't follow it, It should be given to be personally.

Humblares December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

this is why avicus gets 40 to 50 players a day because they don't listen to the community, and if they did this wouldn't of fucking happened you fucking lazy people

dev_revs December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

He was already given a level 2 warning, a demotion was the only other punishment left
A demotion, for something like this. The staff warning has little to do with this or it shouldn't. I was given the warning, I took it, I read it and I was working on fixing it. Leaking this information does not equal my staff warning.

Lasuz December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

I have never seen any of your streams (as I remember), but I've heard a lot of good think about you as media.
I believe the reason for the demotion is unfair, and you should be given the rank back.

Derumisis December 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM UTC

I don't find this fair at all!

PPPPFFFFFTTT you guys use slack

SavyQueen December 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM UTC

(memes) *Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time*

rip dev 2016 you were a good media
#bringbackdev2017

Crazy_ December 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM UTC

It wouldn't hurt to though, Xtra, a current media, was promoted before last tournament, he was not even aware we had a policy, how bad is that? that was my main concern for bumping it each tourney, new medias don't get it given to them by hand, which is a huge concern. That may of been why I didn't follow it, It should be given to be personally.
Yea....that does sound like a big issue.

Legoche December 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM UTC

A demotion, for something like this. The staff warning has little to do with this or it shouldn't. I was given the warning, I took it, I read it and I was working on fixing it. Leaking this information does not equal my staff warning.
It's hardly confidential information when I and a few others knew it happened

Iron December 31, 2016 at 11:12 PM UTC

I wonder if anybody knows the entire staff policy off by heart..
I KNOW THE ENTIRE STAFF POLICY THANKS TO MY MAN SESSP. NEVER FORGET

Jahaj January 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM UTC

I agree the reasoning was weird but you deserved to be demoted anyway due to your behavior, I know myself and quite a few others expected you to be gone a long time ago.

ElementalAssasin January 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM UTC

our most active media demoted.... nice avicus

shadowolfyt January 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM UTC

our most active media demoted.... nice avicus
*cough* forgetting someone.

tomqss January 1, 2017 at 1:01 AM UTC

Even if the demotion is correct or not, this post shouldn't have been made.

"Listening the community" has nothing to do with this, it's a staff topic and the community has no say here.

However, it's obvious that it would be a huge loss for the media team to lose one of our few streamers.

benaye January 1, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

Even if the demotion is correct or not, this post shouldn't have been made.

"Listening the community" has nothing to do with this, it's a staff topic and the community has no say here.

However, it's obvious that it would be a huge loss for the media team to lose one of our few streamers.
The way I read it is that Dev made this post so he could explain why he got demoted and his opinions on it, nothing more. I may be wrong but that's my interpretation.

shadowolfyt January 1, 2017 at 2:01 AM UTC

Oh, accidently archived my own post, could someone revert if possible...
Done :)

profbananaslug January 1, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

*cough* forgetting someone.
who?

GrapeSmoothie January 1, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

this is why avicus gets 40 to 50 players a day because they don't listen to the community, and if they did this wouldn't of fucking happened you fucking lazy people
How does your statement have anything to do with something that is staff related which you don't have any say in?

LFT January 1, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

A level 2 warning...what is that?  Maybe a level 3 or 4 warning should be added to avoid the demotion since it seems like an overkill. Maybe add the word 'probation' instead of moving directly to demotion

I hope the staff (within the staff policy) have created a path for people who are demoted to try to gain their previous ranks back.  It only seems logical since you want to keep quality people especially those who enjoy streaming for media rank.  Streaming is the best way players can see the tournaments and get excited about avicus gameplay.

So, you just fired your top media personality. Give him another chance to prove himself worthy for the next tournament. It sounds like the community feels he has earned it through his dedication to Project Redemption streaming.
"I hope the staff (within the staff policy) have created a path for people who are demoted to try to gain their previous ranks back.  It only seems logical since you want to keep quality people especially those who enjoy streaming for media rank.  Streaming is the best way players can see the tournaments and get excited about avicus gameplay. "

We have told Devon that he is able to re apply for media whenever applications open.

dev_revs January 1, 2017 at 3:01 AM UTC

"I hope the staff (within the staff policy) have created a path for people who are demoted to try to gain their previous ranks back.  It only seems logical since you want to keep quality people especially those who enjoy streaming for media rank.  Streaming is the best way players can see the tournaments and get excited about avicus gameplay. "

We have told Devon that he is able to re apply for media whenever applications open.
when do apps open

LFT January 1, 2017 at 8:01 AM UTC

when do apps open
No set date as of right now but shouldn't be long.