Avicus Archive

YAML Wishlist by Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Cuboid, Cylinder, and etc. selection region for spawning: Will reduce cluttering and attempted spawn blocking.

Mob disguises: Oooooh yeeeaaaaah~

mob disguise:
    who: red (* gives it to every team)
       mob: wither skeleton
       potion effect: wither (Every hit gives wither to the inflicted)
       attribute: (See attributes below)

Item attributes: Attributes that a certain item has like: generic.maxHealth, increases maximum health.

generic.followRange, increases range that mobs will lock onto you.

generic.knockbackResistance, increases knock  back resistance.

generic.movementSpeed, increases movement speed. 

generic.attackDamage, increases attack damage.

Could be used in a syntax like this:

0: item: iron axe
 title: 'Example of syntax'
enchants:
 - damage all:5
 - dig speed:5
 - durability:1
attribute:
- generic.movementSpeed:add (or subtract):3 (you can use decimals)

A mob spawning syntax.

A syntax that allows trading with villagers and enabling villagers.

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I might need someone to write a YAML for my map xD

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Sure, what's your map?

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Sure, what's your map?
When ill finish it ill contact you :) k?

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

When ill finish it ill contact you :) k?
Yes. Herr vsplesk.

jracer15 August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Are you actually able to use mob disguises for ymls or an idea to start coding?

Awarrior August 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Nice ideas :)

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Are you actually able to use mob disguises for ymls or an idea to start coding?
No. I'm suggesting ideas for Avicus to implement. 

But I can code.

jracer15 August 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

No. I'm suggesting ideas for Avicus to implement. 

But I can code.
Well then +9000

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

I do want my map to be nebula.. so can you do that?... That would be great, if not then nexus :)

Ill get my maps information in a few days :P

LeCobalt August 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

I do want my map to be nebula.. so can you do that?... That would be great, if not then nexus :)

Ill get my maps information in a few days :P
I could do that too

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

So overall everyone likes these ideas? Do you guyss think that there should be a module for a region selection to depict what the monument should be?

If so, I'll add to OP.

LeCobalt August 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

The region thing could be done with a vanilla spread players command from console

jracer15 August 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

So overall everyone likes these ideas? Do you guyss think that there should be a module for a region selection to depict what the monument should be?

If so, I'll add to OP.
Well Zintenka don't just have this nebula driven, other gamemodes could have this too

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Cobalt skype? I remember you wanted to code my other map :P ehh..

Just add me: vsplesk.chat.mc :P

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

Well Zintenka don't just have this nebula driven, other gamemodes could have this too
I know, the mob disguises, the attributes, and the region selected spawn suggestions would work greatly with CTH, Nexus, and Walls!

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

I know, the mob disguises, the attributes, and the region selected spawn suggestions would work greatly with CTH, Nexus, and Walls!
I decided on Nebula :P

But if you can do Nebula i will re-consider

keenanjt August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

The first is possible I believe. Just name a region rather than coordinates.

Ogrey August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

I like them but complex YML making brings on some weird problems that not even the Map Developers can fix at times (For instance, Dark Trot, Dark Trot 2, War Never Changes 2, VTOL, TNT Warz, Tenacity and according to Cows, Ka-Boom! are broken, and we don't really know what's up with those YMLs, I personally have been trying to fix them a hundred times, same with Cows, but the result is the same, it ends up crashing the dev server and not working at all. War Never Changes is the only fully-working map we have from you...

I think region spawns are already possible, but it currently remains as unknown for me.
Mob disguises sound cool but I'm not really a fan of that idea...
Maximum health, movement speed and attack power are already possible by giving custom status effects on Loadout section in YML (check docs.avicus.net for more info).
The villager and mob system sounds really interesting, however I'm leaning more towards the village idea.

_Phyre August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

Ehh still dont understand it lol, so i think ill just have someone code it :/ Im a nub

keenanjt August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

I like them but complex YML making brings on some weird problems that not even the Map Developers can fix at times (For instance, Dark Trot, Dark Trot 2, War Never Changes 2, VTOL, TNT Warz, Tenacity and according to Cows, Ka-Boom! are broken, and we don't really know what's up with those YMLs, I personally have been trying to fix them a hundred times, same with Cows, but the result is the same, it ends up crashing the dev server and not working at all. War Never Changes is the only fully-working map we have from you...

I think region spawns are already possible, but it currently remains as unknown for me.
Maximum health, movement speed and attack power are already possible by giving custom status effects on Loadout section in YML (check docs.avicus.net for more info).
The villager and mob system sounds really interesting, however I'm leaning more towards the village idea.
It's likely just formatting issues. I'll take a look at them when I have time. The next update to the Avicore plugin gives more insight into possible YAML errors.

resepignev August 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

It's likely just formatting issues. I'll take a look at them when I have time. The next update to the Avicore plugin gives more insight into possible YAML errors.
First: Ilove ya <3 *-*
Second is it possible to have a region, where you go in and you'll be equiped? Like you go in room 1 and you'll recieve kit  1 or so, if you go after this in room 2, the items of room 1 will deleted and you'll become kit 2? Would be cool for Nebula...
Third: When you'll be back from vacation? And how is/was it? Where are/were you?
(Well I know it's not an AMA, but plz answer :D)

Zintenka August 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

:( I see.