Avicus Archive

What do you think of my defense? by Zegita September 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

This is just a simple defense I got up to in my singleplayer world as I seem to have taken an interest in defending and slowly getting better. I need to learn from the best obviously cough robin cough LG :D

Zegita September 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Here's another one

vladthegreat100 September 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM UTC

Don't think we find redstone on avicus

PieZ September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Every defenses have their strengths and weaknesses. I found a lot of weaknesses in this defense that I feel as it isn't work making compared to other defenses. But it is a good start.

BourbonBonobo September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Why redstone blocks XD?

Robin_DD_J September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Might be hard to explain but.

It doesn't matter what you put in the defense, as long as it is as simple and efficient as it can get.
You need to understand what the different blocks do to put a defense together, how does redstone blocks improve ur defense, what does trapdoors do? Is it necessary? Do you have enough resources to make it?

Robin_DD_J September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Why redstone blocks XD?
Hard to mine

Okiba September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Skybridge? probably the way to go against this defense.

DaFrozenBlaze September 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM UTC

Skybridge? probably the way to go against this defense.
Skybridges rip almost every defence.

NotGurk September 23, 2015 at 12:09 AM UTC

Skybridges rip almost every defence.
Almost, only the top tier defenders can stop skybridges

kycrafft September 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

The first one isn't bad but you should probably look for better block combinations in the second one, as it's easier to break through.

34th September 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

You could maybe use this on CTW Scrim Maps

_Nathy September 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

Second one rip
first one meh

as a defender let me give you 2 bits of advice:
1. Don't try and find a defence that will stop 5 ppl at once, you won't find one. If co ordinated well 2 archers can cover 3 rushers comin from multiple angles and you will die. Your primary goal as a defender is to delay opponents for as long as possible so your teammates can arrive. In the rend 3 game in tourney against fort I killed about 3 people. Stormz got about 30 kills from me holding them off and giving stormz time to arrive.

secondly get creative. Anyone can recreate someone else's defence. Most defences i see follow the same kind of style, don't rely on some fancy fences around the monument, just don't let them get near the monument in the first place. Rushers are practicing every day against the usual defences, give them someone new, unorthodox, crazy. Make them second guess or question their approach to the objective. If your defence is something new they've never dealt with, chances are you'll win

Jahaj September 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

At least they are more advanced than Vlad's walls!

PieZ September 23, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

Second one rip
first one meh

as a defender let me give you 2 bits of advice:
1. Don't try and find a defence that will stop 5 ppl at once, you won't find one. If co ordinated well 2 archers can cover 3 rushers comin from multiple angles and you will die. Your primary goal as a defender is to delay opponents for as long as possible so your teammates can arrive. In the rend 3 game in tourney against fort I killed about 3 people. Stormz got about 30 kills from me holding them off and giving stormz time to arrive.

secondly get creative. Anyone can recreate someone else's defence. Most defences i see follow the same kind of style, don't rely on some fancy fences around the monument, just don't let them get near the monument in the first place. Rushers are practicing every day against the usual defences, give them someone new, unorthodox, crazy. Make them second guess or question their approach to the objective. If your defence is something new they've never dealt with, chances are you'll win
This advice won't make you any worse but it won't help you.

DonaldMyTrump September 23, 2015 at 3:09 AM UTC

I GOT A LIVE LOOK OMG MOM IM HERE!111

NemoTheFarmer September 23, 2015 at 6:09 AM UTC

Zegita, ohh zegita, ohhh
hes only 3 foot 6
he still got all the tricks!

Zegita September 24, 2015 at 8:09 AM UTC

Every defenses have their strengths and weaknesses. I found a lot of weaknesses in this defense that I feel as it isn't work making compared to other defenses. But it is a good start.
Hmm, I appreciate your honesty I am trying to learn ways that my defense could be improved so thank you. I'll be posting more defences soon :)

PieZ September 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Hmm, I appreciate your honesty I am trying to learn ways that my defense could be improved so thank you. I'll be posting more defences soon :)
Defense is also very trial and error. You can never get a perfect defense without failing. I have failed A LOT and I will continue failing until I find the best way to do defenses.

Zegita September 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Defense is also very trial and error. You can never get a perfect defense without failing. I have failed A LOT and I will continue failing until I find the best way to do defenses.
It really is; I can never think of what to do and when I think of what defence I normally just remember other people's and how they can make it unique. There are SO MANY ways you can do it but you just don't know which way :)

Indicado September 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM UTC

Easy to rush (for me,if theres just 1 defender)
Just knock'em and cover and cap/break

_Nathy September 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM UTC

Just get a friend who's a rusher to rush you.

for me I judge my defences by how many fucks merp gives

PieZ September 25, 2015 at 2:09 AM UTC

lmao my 5 year old brother could make this
Hmm. Your 5 year old brother knows about competitive defense building more than you. You should feel really proud about that.