Avicus Archive

Avicus or Overcast? by Sevoo February 23, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

Both servers are pretty much the same. I saw this thread and decided to share it.Not intending to start a flame war, I'm just curious c=.

https://oc.tc/forums/topics/56ca6d745f35b97d8500000e

I personally prefer Avicus because I'm familiar with it. But for the couple of times I got temp banned and switched to OCN it was a different experience. It's Nice but small community, with a lot of drama vs Big and tryhard, with it's fair share of salt but also of friendliness, imo.

BoldAndBrash February 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

sigh

Crazy_ February 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Oh boy, another one of these. I feel like this will also be a biased thread

ClubberNugget February 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Who gives a crap, play whichever you want.

GrapeSmoothie February 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Oh boy, another one of these. I feel like this will also be a biased thread
mineplex ofc

Sevoo February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

I like how all 4 of these don't answer the question.

steven5703 February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

they both suck

Avicus has bad staff but a tight knit community, OCN has decent staff but their community is too big to fit in

Vobaseball12 February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

Who gives a crap, play whichever you want.
Agreed.

Sevoo February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

Agreed.
You know, I never meant it that way...

I was just curious.

kycrafft February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

Overcast is a more polished server that I like for its quality of play and less lag but I like Avicus more for it's friendly, laid back style. 

But I recently got CS:GO and it has stolen my soul; I won't be playing on either in the near future.

vladthegreat100 February 23, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

no. Don't do this. This is why OCN is calling us copiers, I guess this is just one other thing to add to their list.

kycrafft February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

no. Don't do this. This is why OCN is calling us copiers, I guess this is just one other thing to add to their list.
Who cares though. Yeah we copied them. So what? It's not like copying has never happened, ever. Plus, it's nice to have two similar servers to choose from, rather that just Avicus or Overcast.

vladthegreat100 February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

Who cares though. Yeah we copied them. So what? It's not like copying has never happened, ever. Plus, it's nice to have two similar servers to choose from, rather that just Avicus or Overcast.
I don't care that we "copied" them :P I'm neutral about this whole debate, but when it comes to them accusing us and hating on us for "copying" them and then making the exact same post they made on their forums.... Why not keep the opinions there instead of having everything re-stated here xd

PieZ February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

mineplex ofc
It is obvious that the right answer is Hypixel

vladthegreat100 February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

mcsq is best!11!1 Hooahwi the god PvPer is there with the great try hqrds qnd their fqmous q's to show thqt they qre tryhqrds!11!

Crazy_ February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

I don't care that we "copied" them :P I'm neutral about this whole debate, but when it comes to them accusing us and hating on us for "copying" them and then making the exact same post they made on their forums.... Why not keep the opinions there instead of having everything re-stated here xd
Let's be honest here, most of the OCN guys accusing Avicus of copying/stealing OCN on the other thread haven't played here long enough to realize how different it is.

Which is sad. I've tried to introduce some of my OCN friends here, some who had never played on the server before. And they all thought that Avicus is the "copy-cat OCN".

DaFrozenBlaze February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

Almost all responses on that thread are biased. Noone will conclude which is better, it's personal preference.
I don't play OCN because toggle sprint isn't allowed for weird reasons.
But really OCN is more sophisticated at this point.
From my first impression on OCN forums, this server's community is way more friendly and tight knit.

Sevoo February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

Lmao, who tf cares about us copying. If they can't accept the fact that we came up with some ideas and they came up with some ideas that's pretty stupid. I never wanted to copy cat OCN, all I wants we're more opinions.

Posighdun February 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM UTC

Let's be honest here, most of the OCN guys accusing Avicus of copying/stealing OCN on the other thread haven't played here long enough to realize how different it is.

Which is sad. I've tried to introduce some of my OCN friends here, some who had never played on the server before. And they all thought that Avicus is the "copy-cat OCN".
Exactly.

DaFrozenBlaze February 23, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

The sad truth

shahmi February 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM UTC

The server I pick is MEATCRAFT

ElementalAssasin February 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM UTC

bro badlion of course there is no rod pop on this server except when u use the fisherman kit in nexus

Oilerator February 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

I made a thread about this on the OCN forums here: https://oc.tc/forums/topics/56ca6d745f35b97d8500000e?page=11#56cce8885f35b95c7c000037: Btw Overcast network :3 plus im banned on here anyway :P

Okiba February 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

WoodyCraft best server!1!!!1!!1!!!

BoldAndBrash February 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

bro badlion of course there is no rod pop on this server except when u use the fisherman kit in nexus
...Badlion? That isn't even one of the choices lol. xd

Howsie February 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

they both suck

Avicus has bad staff but a tight knit community, OCN has decent staff but their community is too big to fit in
Is that actually true?

DaFrozenBlaze February 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

Is that actually true?
Yes it is

steven5703 February 24, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Is that actually true?
Well, I think it is. That was my impression. The community was too big to be enjoyable

AyyJake February 24, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

I made a thread about this on the OCN forums here: https://oc.tc/forums/topics/56ca6d745f35b97d8500000e?page=11#56cce8885f35b95c7c000037: Btw Overcast network :3 plus im banned on here anyway :P
You were banned for a good reason. Flying! Really :/

Oilerator February 24, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

They said you have 1 chance with hacking.

Crazy_ February 24, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Umm most servers don't let you hack on them...

DaFrozenBlaze February 24, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

You have a maximum of one appeal unlike OCN, which gives you no chances.

Sap0 February 24, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

avicus

Howsie February 24, 2016 at 6:02 AM UTC

Well, I think it is. That was my impression. The community was too big to be enjoyable
I'm more concerned about the staff part...very depressing

AtditC February 24, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

OCN confuses me, Avicus is much easier to understand xD

+1 for Avicus

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

Having played on both servers I have to say I enjoy Overcast much, much more. I haven't played Minecraft in a while but I still go on the forums, and I really think the community and gameplay on OCN is better.

The gameplay is less laggy, more organized. The maps have nice aesthetics, whereas the maps on here are bland and boring. Chat is more clean and easy to read on OCN too. Tournaments are also more organized, and also maps are more balanced.

No offense to anyone, but some of the members in this community are annoying, immature, and are way too competitive. People on here seem to compete over the tiniest thing (seeing a thread about how people were bragging about their KB was pretty sad), and generally act like 12-year-olds when anyone talks negatively about them, their team, Avicus etc. I'm really not trying to diss Avicus, as it has it's good parts, but I just prefer OCN over Avicus.

Cryomancies February 24, 2016 at 8:02 AM UTC

OCN: way too arcade like for my taste (or at least was with all the tnt wars and shit infused with project ares) + maps way too big and laggy. Also no gapples as basic inv gear in most maps I've played.
Avicus: a likable ghetto, dying but still fun

SamuelJacob9 February 24, 2016 at 9:02 AM UTC

I wish Avicus had more players though ;(

Iron February 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

I don't mind either, but I find that Avicus suits my taste more. Personally, as a lot of you guys have said I prefer Avicus' community. However, both servers are here to enjoy. We should not debate over each of them, we should just embrace both for what they are. :P

Sevoo February 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

OCN confuses me, Avicus is much easier to understand xD

+1 for Avicus
Lol +1

Just go to the "Destroy" rotation.

BoldAndBrash February 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

Having played on both servers I have to say I enjoy Overcast much, much more. I haven't played Minecraft in a while but I still go on the forums, and I really think the community and gameplay on OCN is better.

The gameplay is less laggy, more organized. The maps have nice aesthetics, whereas the maps on here are bland and boring. Chat is more clean and easy to read on OCN too. Tournaments are also more organized, and also maps are more balanced.

No offense to anyone, but some of the members in this community are annoying, immature, and are way too competitive. People on here seem to compete over the tiniest thing (seeing a thread about how people were bragging about their KB was pretty sad), and generally act like 12-year-olds when anyone talks negatively about them, their team, Avicus etc. I'm really not trying to diss Avicus, as it has it's good parts, but I just prefer OCN over Avicus.
"No offense to anyone, but some of the members in this community are annoying, immature, and are way too competitive. "

Oh oh my god yes.

Sevoo February 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

"No offence, but some of the members in this community are annoying, immature, and way too competitive"

Although I agree, I just want to say something.

Welcome to Minecraft sir!

Jiim February 24, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

- OCN
OCN has got better maps than Avicus,
OCN has got way, way better staff members than Avicus
OCN is more challenging than Avicus,

OCN is better in a lot of ways, and also the Avicus community is really small and you can easily get well known here, while on OCN it isn't that easy to get well known.

NovaLikesPvP February 24, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

- OCN

OCN is better in a lot of ways, and also the Avicus community is really small and you can easily get well known here, while on OCN it isn't that easy to get well known.
Too biased 4 my bean body

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

"No offence, but some of the members in this community are annoying, immature, and way too competitive"

Although I agree, I just want to say something.

Welcome to Minecraft sir!
I've been playing this stupid block game for over 6 years mate Avicus has one of the... strangest communities I've ever seen.

DaFrozenBlaze February 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

I've been playing this stupid block game for over 6 years mate Avicus has one of the... strangest communities I've ever seen.
unique

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

unique
Yes yes, very "special"

DonaldMyTrump February 24, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Yes yes, very "special"
I dont even think you've met me... Bro I'll show you just how strange Avi can be, ask anyone. To be fair Im weird on OCN too, refer to Shiny, Cheese, NeoZip, Elly, repig, steve and blade

Avi community is clutch af.

Better to be close and strange then distant and boring.

@OP OCN has far more competitive drive, quality maps, quality games, quality staff. But the community blows compared to avi, spend time on both servers and their TS's/Mumbles.

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

I dont even think you've met me... Bro I'll show you just how strange Avi can be, ask anyone. To be fair Im weird on OCN too, refer to Shiny, Cheese, NeoZip, Elly, repig, steve and blade

Avi community is clutch af.

Better to be close and strange then distant and boring.

@OP OCN has far more competitive drive, quality maps, quality games, quality staff. But the community blows compared to avi, spend time on both servers and their TS's/Mumbles.
Being weird and "randem ;3 nya~" isn't a good thing, just fyi

Being weird and "randem ;3 nya~" isn't a good thing, just fyi
Says the normal kid?

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Says the normal kid?
Not trying to start anything, just saying I don't like the Avicus community as much as the OCN one because some of the more active people here are immature and way too competitive.

normal- conforming to a standard; usual, typical or expected.

weird- suggesting something supernatural; uncanny, a person's destiny.

normal is boring, if you pay for a pc, mouse, games and such because you want normalcy you've wasted your time and money.

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

normal- conforming to a standard; usual, typical or expected.

weird- suggesting something supernatural; uncanny, a person's destiny.

normal is boring, if you pay for a pc, mouse, games and such because you want normalcy you've wasted your time and money.
You're clearing just grasping for arguments to try to change my mind but making yourself seem more immature whilst doing so.

This is what I mean when I say I don't like the Avicus community lmao

DonaldMyTrump February 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

Not trying to start anything, just saying I don't like the Avicus community as much as the OCN one because some of the more active people here are immature and way too competitive.
im not trying to start anything either but debating topics makes people 3 dimensional rather than cardboard cutouts.

Idk how you came to the impression avi is overly competitive, but I reccomend you try out a public TS channel on avi sometime, we're anything but ultra-competitive.

DonaldMyTrump February 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

You're clearing just grasping for arguments to try to change my mind but making yourself seem more immature whilst doing so.

This is what I mean when I say I don't like the Avicus community lmao
Grasping for arguments is how arguments are formed, the phrase you wanted is grasping at straws. You call someone out for immaturity based off of that person having differing views, effectivley throwing a tantrum. While you say you don't want to start something you follow it up with a vain attempt at humiliation, get a grip.

im not trying to start anything either but debating topics makes people 3 dimensional rather than cardboard cutouts.

Idk how you came to the impression avi is overly competitive, but I reccomend you try out a public TS channel on avi sometime, we're anything but ultra-competitive.
I have, it was mostly just people too timid to speak or team members using their respective rooms. 

And a quick browse of the first couple of pages of the forums turns up with
https://avicus.net/forums/e0d950986 A thread complaining about broken KB which quickly devolved into a bunch of posts bragging about their KB or specific techniques to abuse the KB
https://avicus.net/forums/778c12e75 lmao
https://avicus.net/forums/50d6a34d9 Whine thread about 1.9

Grasping for arguments is how arguments are formed, the phrase you wanted is grasping at straws. You call someone out for immaturity based off of that person having differing views, effectivley throwing a tantrum. While you say you don't want to start something you follow it up with a vain attempt at humiliation, get a grip.
I'm not trying to call you out for having a different point of view; I merely voiced mine, and you pounced upon the opportunity to try to defend your server. I'm not saying Avicus is bad, just that I prefer other servers.

Myworld6 February 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

- OCN

I take offence to that! =O

=)

ClubberNugget February 24, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

I have, it was mostly just people too timid to speak or team members using their respective rooms. 

And a quick browse of the first couple of pages of the forums turns up with
https://avicus.net/forums/e0d950986 A thread complaining about broken KB which quickly devolved into a bunch of posts bragging about their KB or specific techniques to abuse the KB
https://avicus.net/forums/778c12e75 lmao
https://avicus.net/forums/50d6a34d9 Whine thread about 1.9
Lol when were you on teamspeak

Biixerv February 24, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

Lol when were you on teamspeak
Long time ago tbh but I was on a public room for like 30 minutes and there was nobody :\ Wasn't even that late too.

Xuph February 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM UTC

I'm not trying to call you out for having a different point of view; I merely voiced mine, and you pounced upon the opportunity to try to defend your server. I'm not saying Avicus is bad, just that I prefer other servers.
its just a prank

Glitchaye February 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM UTC

- OCN

"ocn is more challenging"

here we fucking go again

DonaldMyTrump February 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM UTC

Long time ago tbh but I was on a public room for like 30 minutes and there was nobody :\ Wasn't even that late too.
Come on for longer than 30 minutes, and what is "not that late".  Also go to a public room with people, if we dont know you, you probably will be ignored unless you seek us out. Also I pounced on you saying to be weird and different isn't a good thing, not the OCN is better than Avi stuff.

MerlinMaster February 25, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

sure...... kkk

Biixerv February 25, 2016 at 5:02 AM UTC

sure...... kkk
who even are you

Colecrc February 25, 2016 at 6:02 AM UTC

damn 30 minutes that really defines a community.

Biixerv February 25, 2016 at 8:02 AM UTC

damn 30 minutes that really defines a community.
Yo I was just saying what I've seen, you guys are way too quick to defend avicus lmaoo

DonaldMyTrump February 25, 2016 at 11:02 AM UTC

Yo I was just saying what I've seen, you guys are way too quick to defend avicus lmaoo
Comes on avi forums
Bashes community
Finds whiplash
Fake suprise

Biixerv February 25, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

Comes on avi forums
Bashes community
Finds whiplash
Fake suprise
Dude i explicitly said "some members", I've met some great people on here 

You're one of those people tho damn

Iron February 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

Hey guys,

Both servers are great! There really isn't any need to argue so much over here. As I stated before, resentment between both servers is bad for both of our interests. Personally, I enjoy OCN when I get on it. The regulars seem pretty nice, (the ones who come here). I may not know a whole lot of the community over yonder; however, I do know that both communities have their ups and downs. OCN and Avicus are not copies of each other, they are merely siblings so to speak. The original Nebula plugin for Avicus was coded by ParaPenguin, not copied (just fyi). The reasons why Nebula and Project Ares are so similar (in idea) is that they were coded by people with the same objectives/ideas in mind. Anywho, OCN is great, and so is Avicus. I don't see the need for hate from any side of the spectrum. Infact, the Avicus Seniors and the OCN Seniors both share the same goal in furthering Minecraft's competitive nature! As Martin said on the Overcast forums, "All the competitive Minecraft networks share a common aim - to push the competitive game forward and get more people involved in playing it. There's no reason for animosity between our communities."

Tazz February 25, 2016 at 3:02 PM UTC

Hey guys,

Both servers are great! There really isn't any need to argue so much over here. As I stated before, resentment between both servers is bad for both of our interests. Personally, I enjoy OCN when I get on it. The regulars seem pretty nice, (the ones who come here). I may not know a whole lot of the community over yonder; however, I do know that both communities have their ups and downs. OCN and Avicus are not copies of each other, they are merely siblings so to speak. The original Nebula plugin for Avicus was coded by ParaPenguin, not copied (just fyi). The reasons why Nebula and Project Ares are so similar (in idea) is that they were coded by people with the same objectives/ideas in mind. Anywho, OCN is great, and so is Avicus. I don't see the need for hate from any side of the spectrum. Infact, the Avicus Seniors and the OCN Seniors both share the same goal in furthering Minecraft's competitive nature! As Martin said on the Overcast forums, "All the competitive Minecraft networks share a common aim - to push the competitive game forward and get more people involved in playing it. There's no reason for animosity between our communities."
Project Ares was coded by Anxuiz and MonsieurApple.

Goodnighht February 25, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

Strange but great :p

keenanjt February 25, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

Project Ares was coded by Anxuiz and MonsieurApple.
And Nebula is coded by yours truly.

Though, Nebula on MC Zone was originally developed by ParaPenguin, but it was remade shortly after it was incorporated into MC Zone.

Tazz February 25, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

And Nebula is coded by yours truly.

Though, Nebula on MC Zone was originally developed by ParaPenguin, but it was remade shortly after it was incorporated into MC Zone.
Yes

Para's version of Nebula was used on Avalanche as well right

keenanjt February 25, 2016 at 6:02 PM UTC

Yes

Para's version of Nebula was used on Avalanche as well right
He most definitely overhauled it, the original was an early project of his that wasn't too flexible.

MerlinMaster February 29, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

who even are you
You're really freakin funny!! LOL XD
Ask anyone else who I am...

BoldAndBrash February 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

who even are you
Everyone knows who he is.

DaFrozenBlaze February 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

who even are you
He is MerlinMaster

Jahaj February 29, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

Everyone knows who he is.
But the real question is, who are you???

@OP Agreeing with others, both servers have their pros and cons, but whichever one you prefer is most likely the one that you found first.

AyyJake February 29, 2016 at 2:02 AM UTC

Why did this have to be brought up again? :/

Acceqted February 29, 2016 at 5:02 AM UTC

mcsq is best!11!1 Hooahwi the god PvPer is there with the great try hqrds qnd their fqmous q's to show thqt they qre tryhqrds!11!
smh

Biixerv February 29, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

You're really freakin funny!! LOL XD
Ask anyone else who I am...
oh damn it seems like i just messed with a MINECRAFT CELEBRITY, the most prestigious social status anyone could hold, i'm so sorry i didn't know who you are as everyone is supposed to know the most elite minecraft players... silly me.

Sevoo February 29, 2016 at 2:02 PM UTC

oh damn it seems like i just messed with a MINECRAFT CELEBRITY, the most prestigious social status anyone could hold, i'm so sorry i didn't know who you are as everyone is supposed to know the most elite minecraft players... silly me.
pew pew

MerlinMaster March 1, 2016 at 4:03 AM UTC

Lol who plays minecraft?

Sads March 1, 2016 at 5:03 AM UTC

Overcast is a more polished server that I like for its quality of play and less lag but I like Avicus more for it's friendly, laid back style. 

But I recently got CS:GO and it has stolen my soul; I won't be playing on either in the near future.
Thumbs Up. CS.

borgoyne March 6, 2016 at 9:03 AM UTC

Both are great servers, I find Overcast a bit more inactive, Avicus has better gameplay. Avicus is also the first Minecraft server I went on.

EncryptedShoesHD March 6, 2016 at 9:03 AM UTC

Avicus for ever!

DaFrozenBlaze March 6, 2016 at 9:03 AM UTC

Why was this bumped again...

Crimson_Aught May 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

Omg, that's how to increase our players number, easy breezy

DaFrozenBlaze May 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

Avicus because I can toggle sprint

Posighdun May 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

+1

Numberz_ May 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

But you can't toggle sneak! (daily dose of salt).

SnowSX3 May 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Omg, that's how to increase our players number, easy breezy
They've had that for a while..and it's done fuck all lol

Hfisk May 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

OCN is more competitive, less laggy and has better maps. Also their hackers aren't at the top of the community like they are in Avicus, because the competitive scene know them as hackers.

Avicus seems pretty relaxed though (in terms of staff), and not "hur hur hur we have to do everything like this"

AyyJake May 10, 2016 at 12:05 PM UTC

We don't need this discussion again

Indicado May 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM UTC

These servers are like socks why?

idk

LFT May 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM UTC

;-;

ImRaging May 10, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

I think when Atlas is pushed (assuming it all goes well (no pressure)) we will have better standard maps (more variation and interesting components). I think we aren't far behind OCN, especially since the player count dropped like ours did months back.

ElementalAssasin May 10, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

who bumped this? won't this start flame wars

Sevoo May 10, 2016 at 9:05 PM UTC

dat bump tho

But i would like to add an argument, as Frozen said you can't toggle sprint on OCN, rip.

DaFrozenBlaze May 11, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

dat bump tho

But i would like to add an argument, as Frozen said you can't toggle sprint on OCN, rip.
Or can you? :^)

keller183 May 11, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

I prefer avicus as most maps on ocn are too laggy (I have always played on a laptop), and some are fairly hard to understand, and 1.9 is a no. Otherwise ocn's fine

DaFrozenBlaze May 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

I prefer avicus as most maps on ocn are too laggy (I have always played on a laptop), and some are fairly hard to understand, and 1.9 is a no. Otherwise ocn's fine
My fps on some OCN maps is so bad lol

SnowSX3 May 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM UTC

dat bump tho

Actually it's allowed now, as of yesterday as a matter of fact.

DaFrozenBlaze May 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM UTC

We already know, he posted that before it was allowed

Sevoo May 12, 2016 at 9:05 PM UTC

Saw the post, forgot to correct it here. Thanks tho c=.