Avicus Archive

Survey by Numberz_ May 4, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

Just a little poll/survey to see how many people want prestiges back. http://www.strawpoll.me/10124336

DaFrozenBlaze May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Not gonna happen even if there is a majority vote :/

MidnightBeats May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

It's
Not
Happening

Goodnighht May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

I'd like to see them back, but they've put way to much work into credits to just switch back, plus they've said multiple times that they are not going back. These posts just need to stop ;c Almost everyone wants them back but it doesn't matter, they're not gonna add them back, just give it up people

shadowolfyt May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

To be honest it has been said a bunch of times before and will be continued to be said "Prestiges will not be coming back to Avicus". Although I would like the leveling system back, but it cannot be helped.

Numberz_ May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

It's
Not
Happening
Perfect example of not caring what players think. ;/ Admins want it back. Players want it back. Owner doesn't and wonder why the player count is so messed up? ;-;

Posighdun May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Unfortunately, at this rate, prestiges themselves won't be coming back. Kylo does care. He acknowledges that there needs to be a better system than the badges/credits and he is already coming up with stuff. It's easier said then done and even then what little time he has on this project he has to dedicate to Atlas and the pending gameplay update. 

My own personal stance though is that we need prestiges back, we need a system that encourages the players to play.

flyofff May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Keep trails, but remove badges. Level system was better. But start it from the beginning (level 0) for everyone. This will be fair.

MidnightBeats May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Perfect example of not caring what players think. ;/ Admins want it back. Players want it back. Owner doesn't and wonder why the player count is so messed up? ;-;
I wanted prestiges back at one point in time, but Kylo made it specifically clear that they were not returning. Just leave the issue.

Goodnighht May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Keep trails, but remove badges. Level system was better. But start it from the beginning (level 0) for everyone. This will be fair.
Maybe reset stats aswell? It'd be a nice reset, to get a refreshing feel to stats and stuff, plus once Atlas comes out, and with all the newish OCN players there will be more competition for leaderboards. I know a lot of the people on the top leaderboards don't even play anymore ;-;

Numberz_ May 4, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Unfortunately, at this rate, prestiges themselves won't be coming back. Kylo does care. He acknowledges that there needs to be a better system than the badges/credits and he is already coming up with stuff. It's easier said then done and even then what little time he has on this project he has to dedicate to Atlas and the pending gameplay update. 

My own personal stance though is that we need prestiges back, we need a system that encourages the players to play.
I don't understand why he wants another new system. The credits/badges aren't a fan favourite and were not that great from the start. They seemed awfully close to the raindrops on OCN (expect Avicus had more crap to buy with them). You can only go so far with credits before they get boring,  whereas levels allow the player to have an ideal goal in mind. I know Kylo does care about this server but what I'm saying is if he wants to keep it from dying completely you need to give the majority of players what they want. I'm not against keeping some sort of ingame currency like credits, but readd levels and prestiges (or some kind of goal for players to compete for).

flyofff May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

Maybe reset stats aswell? It'd be a nice reset, to get a refreshing feel to stats and stuff, plus once Atlas comes out, and with all the newish OCN players there will be more competition for leaderboards. I know a lot of the people on the top leaderboards don't even play anymore ;-;
+1k. Also reset stats

Numberz_ May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

I wanted prestiges back at one point in time, but Kylo made it specifically clear that they were not returning. Just leave the issue.
Is there any reason why though? Just seems odd that most players want them back, but there isn't any reason why they won't be back.

Goodnighht May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

Is there any reason why though? Just seems odd that most players want them back, but there isn't any reason why they won't be back.
The only reason I get frustrated was because I've seen so many of these threads about "BRINGING PRESTIGES BACK" and it gets really annoying because all of them get the same answer "We are not bringing back Prestiges."

Although I agree with all most all of what you're saying, it's just not going to happen. :/ The best I can see happening would be the leveling system but you buy each level with credits, and you get credits for each game, not for the whole server. I would love Prestiges back, but it's just not going to happen. :/

MidnightBeats May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

I don't know why, but I know for sure they aren't coming back at the moment.

Posighdun May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

The main reason i know of is because it requires him to be constantly adding more prestiges and more levels and he isn't a fan of that. He would rather come up with a system that does the same thing as prestiges, gameplay wise, but doesn't require him to have to update it every so often.

Howsie May 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

The main reason i know of is because it requires him to be constantly adding more prestiges and more levels and he isn't a fan of that. He would rather come up with a system that does the same thing as prestiges, gameplay wise, but doesn't require him to have to update it every so often.
What do you mean? What needs updating?

Goodnighht May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

^^^^^^^^

Posighdun May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

The prestiges. When they use to be around if you try harded for about a couple months at most you could easily get the highest prestige. So then people would complain and then Kylo would add more prestiges and it kept happening over and over again.

Howsie May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

^^^^^^^^
I think he means the badges. Just make it a steep XP system, or have combinations of badges

Goodnighht May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

I think he means the badges. Just make it a steep XP system, or have combinations of badges
Oh okay, I guess that makes sense, but couldn't you just add like 100 prestiges and you'd be fine for a while xD

ImRaging May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

+1k. Also reset stats
If my stats were reset that's 50k kills and almost 1k monuments gone :/

I don't think alot of old time players like McPie and Merp would be fans of losing 3k iah monuments or more.

Howsie May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

If my stats were reset that's 50k kills and almost 1k monuments gone :/

I don't think alot of old time players like McPie and Merp would be fans of losing 3k iah monuments or more.
I'm sure you will live.

SamuelJacob9 May 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

I think they should do this. I would LOVE prestiges back, but unfortunately, I doubt they will be coming back. But what I think they should do is you have to go through all the badges (in order) and reach the end. You can have whatever colour you want aswell. Anyone else agree?

Riilo May 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

What? It takes people atleast 6-12 months to get to the highest prestige. I'm pretty sure he is capable of updating every 6 months...

DaFrozenBlaze May 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

I remember how good it felt to get first prestige, then second. It was an achievement.
I don't even buy badges 
But yea, it's not coming back :/

SamuelJacob9 May 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

When I came online last year, thought it would be a normal day, new update, everything was well. I say "Hello" in chat. The first thing that came to my mind was - "Where the heck is my shiny, red star?" I immediately quit.

Riilo May 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

When I came online last year, thought it would be a normal day, new update, everything was well. I say "Hello" in chat. The first thing that came to my mind was - "Where the heck is my shiny, red star?" I immediately quit.
" I immediately quit."

Yep, and about 300 players left with you.

DaFrozenBlaze May 4, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

" I immediately quit."

Yep, and about 300 players left with you.
It's just his personal recount

Riilo May 4, 2016 at 8:05 AM UTC

Alright here is my actual response.

I don't think Kylo feels` how boring avicus actually is. Like yeah, sure it may be fun with 25v25, whatever. Avicus is shit, there is nothing to work for, the omega badge is just nothing. And it just makes the chat ugly as fuck. Prestiges had a purpose, and they were why avicus sparked. XP was actually fun, credits are just boring, I can't explain that more. You had a bar of XP, and you needed more XP to get another prestige. It was creative, it wasn't fucking OCN, it was why Avicus had players. It wasn't boring as avicus's current state. Credits are just coin after coin, like what the fuck? That is so boring, like holy shit. Most gadgets are useless and have no purpose. 

For the past months, Avicus public is just boring to me, I have the omega badge, I have the heart trail, and it honestly wasn't that hard to get. Like yeah, I was happy when I got it but whats even the point of Avicus anymore? It's not fun. Scrims are fun and thats why I am, like I said before.  

So I understand kylo said "We aren't going back to prestiges, ", well thats his fucking problem. Not mine. If atlas is good, good job but once we get used to it, its just nothing to me, once again.

Just saying...

Crimson_Aught May 4, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

The prestiges. When they use to be around if you try harded for about a couple months at most you could easily get the highest prestige. So then people would complain and then Kylo would add more prestiges and it kept happening over and over again.
Simple solution for simple problem - geometric progression. Give next prestige for 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048.... lvls. Too many? Then 1, 5, 25, 125, 625, 3125, 15625... Or 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000...

gobernment May 4, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Simple solution for simple problem - geometric progression. Give next prestige for 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048.... lvls. Too many? Then 1, 5, 25, 125, 625, 3125, 15625... Or 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000...
I like this

SnowSX3 May 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM UTC

If a staff member made this thread, everyone would lose their shit.
"Omg another servey"

We all know that the majority of players want prestiges and we all know that Prestiges aren't coming back. So why is this thread a thing?

Crimson_Aught May 4, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

If a staff member made this thread, everyone would lose their shit.
"Omg another servey"

We all know that the majority of players want prestiges and we all know that Prestiges aren't coming back. So why is this thread a thing?
People show their wishes to server administration. Imagine, what will happen, if your government remove education. Everyone will leave that country, and those, who stay, will ask to bring it back.
#AvicusRevolutionOfPrestiges

ImNotYourTiger May 4, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

Why doesn't anyone get it. They said no, leave it dammit

steven5703 May 4, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

Why doesn't anyone get it. They said no, leave it dammit
No.

ImRaging May 4, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

I'm sure you will live.
Well yeah but i'd be kind of disappointed :/