Avicus Archive

Settle into your perfect PVP conditions! by FazeOfKnight1 July 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Okay. People don't know much about how much having a perfect PvP condition boosts your PvP. 
First things first. 
Figure out what's wrong.
Are you being crap? Are you simply just getting rekt every match you have? Do you need to work on something? Have you been told to do something? Don't ignore others- they can be the ones that make you, or break you.
Work on your flaws! 
No one's perfect. My accuracy was literally crap I couldn't even hit Tresh when he glitched out because I was too focused on strafing. I went into SP and spawned some bats and beat them to death. (For a good cause.) I came back to the training grounds- found myself much better. 
Get suitable equipment.
No one cares if you have a $5 mouse but you PvP well. I have a everyday $2 mouse. As long as it suits you, and you are comfortable, you're fine. No need to look flashy and be vain. Today I got my new gamecon 380 headset(finally!) and I'm damn happy with it. It might be cheap- and not the flashiest, but it does the job perfectly.
Be calm.
Being calm going into a group fight is vital. Imagine going into a fight whilst your hand shaking uncontrollably. Imagine clustered thoughts while a fight. Where do I go? How do I counter strafe? When do I soup? All these come with a snap if you have a crystal clear mind going into a fight. 
Stay warm.
Being cold slows down your reactions and dulls your thinking. PvP isn't all about clicking and ms. It's about strats. Similar to the above one.
Go in with a positive mind! 
If you go into a fight thinking you'll lose- you've already lost. So what if you're fighting StanMPL? Sure- he's great, but always think you'll come out winning. Don't go over the top! If you do- you'll end up being cocky and sore loser-ey. c:
Music. 
I cannot explain how much music helps. Today Tresh grabbed me along and gave me a lesson. I decided after with my new headset, I would listen to some of my favourite music- Nightcore. Wow, it just helped so much. Words can't describe it, but it seems for me, may not for others, that music just gets you in the mood to kill people. o.o 
A good sitting stance.
Many gamers have a normal chair as a seat, and they usually slouch. This probably doesn't have any effect on PvP, but it helps your back and you look a lot more alive too.
Block everyone out. 
Don't try to have a conversation with your dad whilst fighting some guy. Focus on your match, ignore what others say for then. Got a request? Put it off for a bit. Come back to it when you're done. If it's too noisy in the room you play in- try moving away or getting noise cancelling headphones. NEVER TURN THE MUSIC UP. It hurts your ears so much. T_T This helps to having a clear mind too.
Read guides, get help.
If you are being completely horrible in PvP- get someone that's good to help you. Today I got Tresh. He put me back on the right track. Now I'm away in a server combo'ing people to bits.
FOV.
Oh my god I cannot stress how annoying it is to have a speed II buff whilst in Quake Pro. Usually you can play at a fov that's comfortable for you- mine's 80. 80 gives you enough vision- whilst keeping the block distances real.
Sensitivity.
Don't be a tryhard and go straight to Hyperspeed. I started off like that- and Tresh pushed me down to my comfy spot where I can get good accuracy- 170%. Keep messing around until you're comfortable.
All of this happened to me in one day- today. I come back out a changed PvP'er.
Thanks for reading!

SWEET_Johny July 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Wow, these are some good tips! Thanks :3

FazeOfKnight1 July 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Wow, these are some good tips! Thanks :3
No problem- I want this community to grow well. <3

Ingigo July 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Thanks! Good Advice!

BoldAndBrash July 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Thanks. But music never works for me.

KalinD July 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Thanks for cool tips :p