Avicus Archive

Avicus Memories: The Golden Days by OPTOBAT April 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Hey everyone, at this point in time, most of you probably won't know/remember me, but to those who do, hello! :)

I have been a happy member/player of Avicus since late 2013 and along the way have accumulated many, many memories, videos, friends and experiences which have all been absolutely golden.

As some of you who know me will know, I have been heavily inactive from Avicus the last 12 months and the future is looking pretty much the same way. As more time passes, I will soon just be cruising through life, and will likely play less and less, so in commemoration of my favourite, most best times on Avicus, I wanted to share with you all some of the photos, videos and snippets I have gathered over the last 2 or so years. :)

Anyway, the photos of this colossal post are packed together for you to scroll through on a created album on the link below. Just FYI, the vast majority of the screenshots you will see will be from 2014 - Early 2015, and when you are finished looking, if you want, there will be links to VIDEOS from nearly 2 years ago as well.

Looking through such an in depth, reminiscent past time of experiences with all of you is amazing and it's really interesting to see the old players, maps, lobbies and games that were around before. I hope you enjoy looking back as much as I do, and I'll hopefully see you all in game in the near future :)

Peace - OPTOBAT

http://imgur.com/a/jltXV

^ This above link is a nice collection of funny, crazy and interesting moments throughout the last couple of years. Just click the link and begin scrolling :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Okay, so apart from that collection of photos, below are links to some of the videos from what was a fairly small, but recognised channel back in 2014. That's right, i uploaded videos haha.

You are free to browse the entire channel if you'd like to, however i will only provide two or three links of my favourite videos + there's no point in over "advertising" the channel, as I no longer upload to it anymore.

First up we have an extremely cheesy, mediocre trailer for the universally popular 'Nebula', which was ultimately published July 17th 2014! Enjoy. v v v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0ID1R2iak

Second up, is one of my funniest episodes to look back on, back in September 2014, when I had a nice high little voice, a crummy audio quality and plenty of cringe towards playing. This would be my 4th and 2nd last episode of recording Nebula ever. Enjoy, yo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRSNOvVeEo

And thirdly, the 2nd episode of Nebula, which is noticeably shorter and a bit of a clean up form my "debut". This one is - again - dramatic and cringeworthy xD 

Notice how in the beginning I pronounce the server 'Av-ee-cus' hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRRmPk-rbPM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so, that's my collection - for now - of some of my most cherish memories on a glorious server that helped me grow up with that little bit more happiness, knowing I had such a connected, joyful community to go online to and that each game was another memory stacked up. 

I shared all of these things, not to show off, or advertise, or waste your time, or any of that, but simply because I want everyone who does know and remember me to go back and reminisce on some amazing times we all shared, and for those who are new to the server to just know how great this server has been and has evolved to still be now.

Thanks everyone, see you all around :)

GrapeSmoothie April 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Ahh Nostalgia

HaloGuardian101 April 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

The old memories, when everyone played walls.
Walls is rip now :(

JustBudah April 2, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Ey OPTO

SnowSX3 April 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM UTC

yes!
the wolf!!!
the wolf!!!
the wolf saved meh!

_Mx_ April 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM UTC

your username is familar

im mxbro

FrozenSolstice April 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM UTC

Ah, when I was still SkyGirl.

The nostalgia!

_Mx_ April 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM UTC

Ah, when I was still SkyGirl.

The nostalgia!
I remember thisssss

FrozenSolstice April 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM UTC

I remember thisssss
Ikr, mxbro.

_Mx_ April 2, 2016 at 8:04 AM UTC

Ikr, mxbro.
Remember "/freeze" that we were going to ask for them to invent for you Elsa <3

FrozenSolstice April 2, 2016 at 8:04 AM UTC

Remember "/freeze" that we were going to ask for them to invent for you Elsa <3
And our dream came true! ;3

_Mx_ April 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

And our dream came true! ;3
Ikr! Unfortunately it doesn't freeze players in ice like we hoped.

piratewithgun April 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

Nice opto!

VADIA April 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

This reminds me of all my memories <3

I still remember you even though you wont remember me as I remember you in game.

Thanks for reminding me of all my memories.

-Tech

Zedther April 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

I definitely remember you haha :>

Legoche April 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

OMG JR MOD DAYSSSSSSS

DaFrozenBlaze April 2, 2016 at 11:04 AM UTC

HI OPTO
I'm too new for all this nostalgia :(

OPTOBAT April 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM UTC

Thanks guys!
I know, the nostalgia right!
I went through it all just blown away by how evolved everything is and loved remembering such fun times :)

Hopefully with more to come...

Jahaj April 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM UTC

Dude I remember you.

Ahh the memories, back to a simpler time.

OPTOBAT April 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM UTC

Ey OPTO
Hey man, i remember you :D

Numberz_ April 12, 2016 at 5:04 AM UTC

Lol PrincessMars was me playing on my sisters account xddd

SamuelJacob9 April 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Look at that, 357 people online in one of those pictures, what ever happened..

DaFrozenBlaze April 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Look at that, 357 people online in one of those pictures, what ever happened..
Rip the days

SamuelJacob9 April 12, 2016 at 8:04 AM UTC

Rip the days
Indeed, RIP

Zeusy April 12, 2016 at 5:04 PM UTC

I enjoyed going through these so much! :P Thank you for putting that together, 10/10

BoldAndBrash April 12, 2016 at 8:04 PM UTC

Oh hey, I remember you Opto! I'm pretty sure that was before the name change update, so my name was still DaBaderMC back th.