Avicus Archive

Staff Spotlight Comeback #3 by hpux June 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Hello all!

After discussing, Michael and I have decided to each pick one staff member to do a staff spotlight per month. This month's staff members are Sho and Polar_Express. Enjoy! :)

Peachy's pick:

1. What is your username in minecraft and what is your favorite game on Avicus?

1) My username in Minecraft is Sho, also my IRL name. My favorite game on avicus would most likely be the all time classics, mczone1. #Throwback.  Ah, the days when I used to play on Quintus and all the other maps, the good days. I don't play pub as much as I do anymore because I've lost interest, but you may see me on from time to time!

2. What are you most excited/obsessed over at the moment?

2) I'm currently obsessed with a number of things, but outside of minecraft it would currently be gastronomy. I absolutely love good food, and I have a serious appetite.

3. Where are you from?

3) I'm from Thailand, and I'm Half Japanese half Thai.

4. Are you in school, or do you have a job?

4) I graduated highschool a couple of weeks ago, and I currently am working in a fitness center as a personal trainer. Well, I'm not one currently but I learn stuff about Kinesiology, and muscles, all that kind of cool stuff.

5. Who or what inspires you the most in your life?

5) Nick Vujicic. This guy, he has such an open heart and his speeches are such an inspiration to listen to. I would list more about him but I'd like to keep this part concise
6. How do you contribute to the Avicus as a staff member?

6) Well, usually I just punish hackers, answer questions that new users often ask, and other than that I usually like to deal with the "sticky situations". Eg: 3 People are debating over how to construct a defense and being rude, etc.

7. What are the most common questions you get asked while moderating or managing?

7) Ummm, probably the number #1 would be people asking me to unban certain users. Also I get asked like I mentioned previously questions that are related to how to get around the server (eg: How do i join team), and such.

8. Anything else you want to mention?

8 ) Shameless self promotion if you would check out my youtube channel and subscribe that'd be great: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC52EfRv9Z_UuhaLE5YwPaVQ

Michael's pick:

1. What is your username in Minecraft and what is your favorite game on Avicus?
A. Polar_Express is my Username and I would say Walls and TDM are my favorite gamemodes on Avicus.

2. What are you most excited/obsessed over at the moment?
A. I would say I am most excited most about starting my own business when I get out of College.

3. Where are you from?
A. Georgia, USA

4. Are you in school, or do you have a job?
A. I am in College - Business Major ( younger brother got me to play this crazy building game)

5. Who or what inspires you the most in your life?
A. I am inspired most by the 5% of people that do not follow the normal path through life, but opt for doing something more.

6. How do you contribute to the Avicus as a staff member?
A. I am a Map Developer! I fix maps, make maps, and improve game-play.

7. What are the most common questions you get asked while moderating or managing?
A. "How do I become a Map Developer" - I get asked that about 10 times a day. The Answer - Your Picked.

8. Anything else you want to mention?
A. Not much. Just would like to state that Avicus is a great place to play minecraft, wonderful people and staff. Please let me know if I can help out in any way.

Porkyyy June 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Nice to get to know you guys better! :D

Okiba June 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM UTC

Nice to know! c:

Eteh June 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

@Sho Singapore's beating Thailand in the SEA Games :)

Nice to know more about you guys :)

kycrafft June 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM UTC

Hey Polar, how do I become a Map Developer?

hasl June 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM UTC

Unban me plz mod Sho

Thanks for sharing! I love getting to know the people I work with better.

Subscriptor June 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM UTC

Hey Polar, how do I become a Map Developer?
www.avicus.net/shop

kycrafft June 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM UTC

$8,000 USD is a bit pricy IMO.

JJTheGuy June 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM UTC

$8,000 USD is a bit pricy IMO.
Wait, they told me it was $80,000 D:

xIsak June 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM UTC

You're* ^_^