Avicus Archive

Discussion #1 - Return of old games by Howsie July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

As part of new community interaction strategy, every two weeks a new poll/discussion will be posted in the admin blog for our players to discuss and argue different topics! 

Today we will be discussing:-

What game do you want to see return to Avicus and why?

Your answer must have been a game from avicus in the past.

Examples:
- Sky Wars
- Survival Games
- Hunger Games
- Ghost Squadron

KooDaLord July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Skywars please, the only original game <3 Then SG.

Iron July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

I would love SG to be added back! I feel like it is a very fun game that will attract a lot of people. It may also bring back old McZone players who were dedicated to SG.

awesome_apricot July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Survival Games - extremely fun and enjoyable. Will attract more players and bring some back. 
It is more recognisable than "elimination".

Phobiaxx July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

SG, it seems like most people luv SG, meaning more players :D

Howsie July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Make sure you explain why! We aren't persuaded that easily :P

Ogrey July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

- Sky Wars
In MCzone, this was my favorite game... I miss it so much and it was really fun to play! I really think it must be given another chance :)

- Survival Games
I must say, it's a REALLY popular and fun game! I'd love to play that one as well, I'm pretty sure the player count in Avicus would increase because of it as well, and we might get some real good players! 

Fouled July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

I have a question, IF some type of other gamemode were to replace Elimination.. would people still have their prestiges they earned?  Because I'm prestige 3 in Elimination and i don't want to lose it and I don't think anybody else wants to either.Or will they keep Elimination?

steven5703 July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

- Survival Games: Really fun, yes it's overused and definitely not original, but still really fun and got a lot of players to join.  
- Hunger Games: Elimination is dead, maybe replace it with this to get it going again.
- Ghost Squadron: Super fun, don't see why it was removed :C

MLGtino July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Do something creative with the old Parkour that was never implemented

BoldAndBrash July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

No joke, if we bring back SG, we'll gain like 300 more peopl : ) 

Hopefully, they gote for maps beside sg 4 (mczoners will know what i mean)

Ingigo July 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Survival Games
My Reason says that back in the days of the mighty McZone, we were huge, we used to get 2500 players each day. But we had Survival Games back then. Now we have removed it, on average we get 500 players. I think that explains a lot. Survival Games will boost up the popularity. Also don't change things in Survival Games, keep it as the original Survival Games. Most people love Survival Games and because we don't lag much (Lies :P) people would come here. I have been on a number of Survival Games servers and the reason why I die most of the time... lag. If we could make Survival Games with no lag, many players would come to the server. To alert players that we have Survival Games we can advertise on minecraftservers.org by donating to them. Speaking of the subject, I hope that the banner that we would use will be animated so it would be visually attracting.
I know that PotPvP is being added to!
Have fun reading my massive explanation!
¬IngiOut¬  

ravingpixelz July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

SG and Skywars loved both. So sad tonsee them go. Bringing them back will add more players, and I might come back :)

StewieFG July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

I never played MCZone lol
But i love Survical games ^_^ ;)
Add it.....You will have more players...I thought about idea, Not original, ut will have 500+ players...
Survival games with kits, money not in-game, u can upgrade your kits :P
Much funner :D

Mooch24 July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

SG
It will most definitely rise the player count. Also,  Most of the regulars have always wanted to see SG back :D

TheMasterClock July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

I remember a lot of people liked survival games and maybe we can bring it back. The game attracts a lot of people and our player count can rise a lot.

OriginaI July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

SG it was so fun! And yes maybe add some kits to! Defiantly will add more players!

1Theodore1 July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Hunger Games please, Elimination is not fun hence it's dead, and HG was one of the most popular games in MC Zone...

BoldAndBrash July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Plz no sg with kits plz plz no :c

It kinda ruins it...

ParthDarthVader July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

SG because it is fun. Although not so original, it can be quite the attraction and we wont have all players on Nebula and Nexus. We can have them all more spread out. Oh and replace Elimination with SG because no one knows what Elimination is without trying it out (not going to happen much) or being active on the forums. Elimination is basically SG, except in survival, not adventure.

LeCobalt July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Survival Games, I have a huge map for it

cinammoncroc000 July 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Skywars. It was the reason I came to this server, and many people still look for it.
Survival Games is cool though, I'm not the biggest fan of it but it'll obviously bring quite a few players to the server :)

BenDooley7 July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Skywars, because it's the best and most original game of the four that are on this list. Also, it is awesome. SG would be my second favorite, and never GS because it's kind of boring in my, and a lot of other's, opinion.

Tigor101 July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Sky Wars and SG

Mathematical July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Survival Games-This is a very fun game, there are many servers that have this, but those servers usually lag, have weird things (ex: Sky's server), and some have too much players and are almost impossible to join (ex: The Nexus). I remember the old SG in MC Zone, I just loved it. It had a good amount of food in the chest, a unique sword that had fire aspect, and stuff that were not too OP (Like diamond items).
Parkour-I loved to do the parkour when you wait for a mini-game to start, I don't know why, but parkour over the void is just more fun than parkour in the lobbies of games :P. I also liked how the parkour linked to other places (I think it did?), it connected to the parkour server and was able to teleport the players back to their mini-game.
Factions-Dont add if it will lag the server :P. But if you can add it, dont give doners OP items, almost every factions servers have OP kits and I dont think its fun, Avicus can be different and faction lovers will chose Avicus rather than others :O.
Old Avicade Games-Please! I miss OiTC, Snake, and Ghost Squadron. I cant find much good servers with these games and Avicade needs more games. They may not be unique but Avicus does not need to be 100% unique, it needs to be fun.

NewVoltdrive July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Skywars, because we something original for once.
And SG, cause it was fun.

jojobloblo July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

I would love to see SG back but so many people would come back and it would lag the server

ShiptheBattle July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Ghost Squadron: 

I did find this game in Avicade a great contribution to it. Especially now that the games in Avicade are limited to only Red Alert and Minotaur, adding another fun PVP game would definitely make more people come to Avicade and also make it much more enjoyable. Furthermore, the sheer pressure and suspicion in Ghost Squadron really makes it an extremely fun and interactive game. Designed with a dozen kits or so and some fun and unique maps, this minigame could really work out.

nocapsnonumbers July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Bring back Hunger Games no matter what.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

MissCarmel July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Survival games because it brings so many new players to the server and it would help the community grow tremendously!

Notalgicular July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Sky Wars

Notalgicular July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

vote here http://strawpoll.me/2155302

Colecrc July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

SG- but make it in a unique way. Like combine it with HG

KooDaLord July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

May we see this map?

Zeusy July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Skywars: Many people's favourite game, yet my favourite.
If Skywars come back, this game will hopefully attract more players which enjoy playing this gamemode, yet Avicus will maintain it's unique atmoshere. Such gamemodes will hopefully gain player satisfaction and help the server. 

nocapsnonumbers July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Hunger Games.

Zeusy July 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Hunger Games.
"Make sure you explain why! We aren't persuaded that easily :P" -Howsie

Murphh July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Main reason:
 I want to play with Avicus players on this server(awesome community), not on another one !!

Survival Games:
1) Super fun classic  (creates server traffic)
2) Opportunity to create new maps  (plus for map developers)
3) Everyone starts at xp=0 (evens the playing field for all players)
4) Has map voting (input from players)

I go to other servers to play SG, but the lag is so bad it's hard to play.  I would love to see SG come back to this server, but as long as it's not laggy.
Thanks for considering! :)

nocapsnonumbers July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Hunger Games.
Because there 30+ players each game and many games running. It was one of the main game modes people went on. Elimination has so little players, it was one of the big factors/ problems to the loss of players over the MC Zone to Avicus change. Nexus may have come back but as you can see, the increase in players isn't terrific. Also, many people talked about it on the forums, and there were various clans around, so for the people that played, it was very fun. Also if you do bring it back, please bring back the exact same, every single feature. I don't like the new xp layout (no offence). The leader board should include kills, wins and KD. Also the xp layout isn't noob friendly, however the old one was. There was also that awesome feature, where you could click on games and see who won and who get all the kills and who got killed by who and things.

Cyclops July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

SG
Although we strive to be an original server with undiscovered varieties of games, SG is found the most favorite game of this community and a handful of people would love to have it back. If only there was a way to make it original..

Joao_Victor July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Survival Games:
With unique community made maps, I would enjoy this a bunch, it would also bring our player count way up if it was good.

QFrog July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Survival Games-This is a very fun game, there are many servers that have this, but those servers usually lag, have weird things (ex: Sky's server), and some have too much players and are almost impossible to join (ex: The Nexus). I remember the old SG in MC Zone, I just loved it. It had a good amount of food in the chest, a unique sword that had fire aspect, and stuff that were not too OP (Like diamond items).
Parkour-I loved to do the parkour when you wait for a mini-game to start, I don't know why, but parkour over the void is just more fun than parkour in the lobbies of games :P. I also liked how the parkour linked to other places (I think it did?), it connected to the parkour server and was able to teleport the players back to their mini-game.
Factions-Dont add if it will lag the server :P. But if you can add it, dont give doners OP items, almost every factions servers have OP kits and I dont think its fun, Avicus can be different and faction lovers will chose Avicus rather than others :O.
Old Avicade Games-Please! I miss OiTC, Snake, and Ghost Squadron. I cant find much good servers with these games and Avicade needs more games. They may not be unique but Avicus does not need to be 100% unique, it needs to be fun.
I heard snake broke which is why it is not in avicade right now.

Emmaye July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

I want SG Back

kycrafft July 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Skywars. Classic McZone game that could be expanded to fit more players 

Sg sg would be cool with some special Avicus twist

IcyCode July 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

First fix Avicade or at least add more maps into it.
Second - Add SG and make it replace Elimination as no one plays it. I really think it will bring back loads of players

HatGril July 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

Sg because sg is a very good game to play :D

winterice123 July 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

Well i honestly don't know how adding either of these  back will really attract more people, considering sky wars wasn't very popular to begin with minus that one tournament thing I saw on the old(x2) forums and that survival games is already implemented really well in other servers which i think we would waste our time competing with. That said, I'd still like survival games back because it was really fun to play, not gonna lie, and while I can get it anywhere else i'd rather just play here with friends c:

CreeperJoe62 July 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

Survival games :)

zaidms0987 July 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

I found GS really fun, but its not popular enough to get its own game. I dont see why it was removed from Avicade,

winterice123 July 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

Oh, and teamcrafted or something have a game called sky wars already. considering that skywars is quite old, i think this'll raise problems :c

alexanderjoe July 20, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

Sky wars.
Every once in a while I see players join and ask where it is. I think if it is added back it will raise the player count by 50-100 players or more. It was a very fun game. I enjoyed staying up late skyping friends and just laughing and having fun with them. It was a very enjoyable game :)

OldManTigerMask July 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

Survival Games - It is more known than Elimination

MerlinMaster July 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

I want to go with all of them to be added. I used to play all of them and suggested Avicus/Mczone to IRL friends. They didn't like nebula or nexus but, they did like Survival games. Slayingninja and I went to sky wars all the time. I have recently obtained a desire to play Ghost Squadron. Then last night when I was in the hub party, a random player joined the same lobby and said "Where is the Skywars?" "How do I get to it?" Then Zieno said "We don't have Skywars anymore." Then I started thinking, and thought about how many regulars there were for the MCzone games that were taken out. 

Here are my thoughts:
I realized there were at least 20 regulars per game listed. If all the games were added it would give the players a new game to prestige in and I've seen people get board of the games we have now. The games will attract players from other servers. They will also give the map builders a new concept to build for.
I also came up with... if we take out some of the servers for not so popular games but, leave about 2-3 for each game then we have more servers to test with. Then we can take those servers and make them Skaywars, Survival Games, Ghost Squadron and Hunger games. Then announce in the hub only that they are there so, players will join them. Then take a player count of each game and see which one is most popular after a month of being there. Then make the conclusion on which one should be added.

GI_Jose July 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

Hunger/Survival Games because they were not laggy and i always played them and would bring lots of new people on to the server

killerbye22 July 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

SG

_BillGates July 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

Definitly SG

lithp July 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Ghost Squadron. I know it sounds crazy but this brings back so many good memories from MCZone. And this is a game mode that not as many servers have. I think Avicus should be unique from all the other servers. So many server her the other options. It's actually hard to get into one server that doesn't have these mini games. And I think it would be easier to do levels and kits. But that's just in my opinion.

Awarrior July 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Sky Wars - Fun and original game / the maps and YAML look quite easy to make

Splades July 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Survival Games and Hunger Games 
There is already Elimination which is like Advanced Hunger Games with levels though I think replacing Elimination with HG would bring back lots of people. Skywars is pretty fun too but back in MC Zone, Survival Games was a LOT MORE popular. Ghost Squadron was also really fun but not many people played it back on MC Zone. That is why I think Survival Games should be brought back.

Shoto_ July 21, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Survival Games replacing Elimination.

Elimination is as dead as the people under the ground.

Titan16 July 21, 2014 at 3:07 AM UTC

Survival Games was fantastic. All we'd need is more maps! I'd be overjoyed to see it come back, it would most likely increase player count and satisfaction as well ^-^

Eklip_Z July 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Definitely Sky Wars and Ghost Squadron! Those were my two favorite game modes!

TheDiamondGecko July 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Ghost Squadron and Skywars are something I personally didn't enjoy that much. (Don't judge, I accept there are people that love it but I simply didn't  I don't know why) But When I played MCZONE I played mainly The Walls and Survival Games. I actually didn't even play Nebula much at all, it was a really rare thing.

Personally if there was one wish that I could have come true on this server would to be just to remove Avicus completely, and bring back mczone.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this and a lot of people will agree, but this is just my personal opinion.

Emmaye July 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Yes! SG!

izjust4fun July 21, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

I would love to see Skywars added back! It was always glitchy back on MC Zone and I'm pretty sure that was the sole reason why hardly anyone played it.

Also SG would be great to have back, many players including myself would love to see it come back!

HG is the same thing as elim except for the glass dome >_<

And we might as well add GS back to avicade seeing as there are only a few mini-games on there, plus it's really fun to play!

Soyuiz July 21, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

Survival games! - Why cause its fun to meet all kinds of different ppl in games
and its just a fun game to play! 
And it would draw more ppl to this server ;) 

I'd really like if GS came back too ,

Mango_ July 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

I'd like to see Sky Wars and Ghost Squadron come back (possibly with GS as an Avicade Mini-game). I don't think we need Hunger Games if we already have Elimination - they're too similar in my opinion.

dodgerXyz July 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Make like a new gamemode thats kill  confirmed.

ayy July 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Ghost Squadron almost killed OCN, I wouldnt.

Shoto_ July 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

- Sky Wars: Yes, it was fun, didn't get a chance to play it often. :(
- Survival Games: OMG YES
- Hunger Games: OMG NO
- Ghost Squadron: Nahhhh

MLG_Jirafa July 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Sky Wars: It's original (thing that you ask a lot), it's fun to play and a lot of people played MCzone for that gamemode
SG: yeah, sure, I don't like it anyway, but a lot of people enjoy it, so adding it would be a great idea
Ghost Squadron: Is used in another server, we know that, but add it on avicade, not like an entire minigame

kycrafft July 21, 2014 at 4:07 PM UTC

Make like a new gamemode thats kill  confirmed.
Kill confirmed with swords? XD

Howsie July 22, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Just realised, I meant to also answer :P 
Personally I'd be very down for the return of Survival games as a pose to elimination. SG has a more nostalgic feel to it and I think we could really do something awesome with it. Sky Wars would also be awesome to have back as it was quite a popular game mode which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

ALSO, MOST IMPORTANTLY
PARKOURRRRRRR

Arachadonic July 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

I think SG would be a perfect addition to the server. Its one of the most popular mini-games and would be sure to get more people to join the server. I think it should replace Elimination as was already suggested as tbh I have yet to see more than 1 people in there at all. 

Maybe try put an Avicus spin on Survival Games though as just using the default version would be unoriginal. Like how Hypixel just renamed it Blitz games and involved a blitz star. Just something small to make it more original that you couldnt get anywhere else.

AviatorWeiss July 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM UTC

Sg please :D
Reasons:
 More Players = more Fun
More fun = More donations ( i think xD )
More Donations = Avicus Being Awesome to the Limit
Avicus Being Awesome to the Limit = Rainbows and Happiness

_Phyre July 27, 2014 at 3:07 AM UTC

Well, I might want skywars <3. I love it  (Liek if u cri every tiem) wut ._.

Lets become mature ... Skywars

Porkyyy July 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Just a suggestion if Survival Games will be added back; there could still be prestiges in that gamemode, and when you kill a player you get a certain amount of XP based on your rank, and you receive a larger amount of XP for winning the game.

What I would like to see is some parkour.
It's really fun to do when you are bored, and it is just a really relaxing and fun thing to do.

Dyspa July 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

Survival Games:

- Well, it would be good to have this back, also It would be nice to see the people we know playing this game mode, Elimination isnt that cool, Survival Games are better, I dont like the type of style Elimination has like, a bit of Survival, chest are easier to hang with, so, its better, you know, :P

Ghost Squadron:

- I used to play it on OCN, it was the best game ever, kits were nice too, so, this would become a great thing for the server.

UnicornSniper July 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

I have said sky wars where you could craft your items and get items from secret chests, I miss the part where you could get your arrows from that little button inside the tree area.  I also miss when we would be split between teams and the last person of one or two teams would have run out of the enderpearl and would be like hey what tree island are you at and then that one sneaky person would have their last enderpearl and use it to get close and kill you while you were trying to hide muhahahha. (^_^)v

Arachadonic July 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Is there any offical decision yet on what/if a minigame will be added?
It seems the majority want Survival Games.

Cezbla July 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Skywars, I joined this server for skywars, I remember one time when you took it off you lost like 1000000 players so I recommend getting skywars back I donated so much for the kits etc. I also Like skywars more then nebula nexus and everything, skywars like the one you guys made is amazing not the regular skywars,

SG, Survival games over all is a popular game, I personally do Not enjoy it as much as skywars or HG but I think it would be a Lure for new players to come and then play other minigames so over all I think it could help the server,

HG, Hunger games was a pvp training game pretty much, it was extremely difficult to get in a game but it was very fun with friends and skype calls which  makes the server more popular and a bigger name which can help with advertisements and getting the server back to 2000 people !

Walls, I know we have walls but the problem is we don't have enough players to make it popular again, I recon that you also wanted walls to be famous as well as nebula, Wallsmc.com is another IP for avicus so I think you wanted it to be successful.

I personally think we need over all more players so if we do get Survival games and as well as Skywars and Hungergames back we can be famous again and then walls will benefit in this action that you might take 

Best regards, Cezbla

hpux July 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Honestly I think we should add SG, but also replace Elimination with the original MC Zone Hunger Games. So instead of replacing Elimination with SG, we could replace Elimination with HG, and add SG separately.

_BillGates July 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Honestly I think we should add SG, but also replace Elimination with the original MC Zone Hunger Games. So instead of replacing Elimination with SG, we could replace Elimination with HG, and add SG separately.
+ Juan

ViolentBoo July 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Yeah I like the old HG. I would only play SG if there was more effort when creating the game. Skywars, maybe I would play if there were more than one map. Ghost squadron, no.

Kels July 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

All of these gamemodes are unoriginal, since most popular servers contain them. If any, I'd have to choose Sky Wars overall. Ghost Squadron is a very boring gamemode, and not many players will play it. Survival/Hunger Games are all about luck (hoping to get good stuff), while sky wars was about skill than luck. Besides, there are less skywar servers than there are SG and HG servers

Arachadonic July 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

All of these gamemodes are unoriginal, since most popular servers contain them. If any, I'd have to choose Sky Wars overall. Ghost Squadron is a very boring gamemode, and not many players will play it. Survival/Hunger Games are all about luck (hoping to get good stuff), while sky wars was about skill than luck. Besides, there are less skywar servers than there are SG and HG servers
The reason those servers are "popular" is because they have these gamemodes in them. These gamemodes are proven to attract people more than new gamemodes as if people saw "Elimination" which they had never heard about and "SurvivalGames" which they have then they would more likely probably go for Survival Games. People like what they know.

Howsie July 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM UTC

Apparently the name 'Hunger Games' is technically under copyright from Lionsgate and therefore can't be used on minecraft servers. Thats the reason we made elimination I believe.

Kels July 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

The reason those servers are "popular" is because they have these gamemodes in them. These gamemodes are proven to attract people more than new gamemodes as if people saw "Elimination" which they had never heard about and "SurvivalGames" which they have then they would more likely probably go for Survival Games. People like what they know.
I believe mineplex, isn't under those games, and have completely different gamemodes, which still makes it arguably the best server (average people wise) in the minecraft community. Besides, the only reason the big servers get popular is because a famous youtuber actively goes on it, they're a staff on it, or some other reason.

SGMC July 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM UTC

Survival Games! Yes please! It was got me onto this server... memories <3

Hete July 29, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

SG: SG.. is actually where I started to do pvp, and also the first thing I did when I first got to know minecraft. I think it is a great gamemode that could be added back to avicus.

Skywars: Skywars is a really fun gamemode in general, But the blockplace glitching would be seriously annoying in skywars.

EliBass July 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Look how well all of the sg servers do and all the people that fill all of its servers, I remember playing back on mczone. I fell like a ton of people will come back to play on the server they loved. Pretty much if one has SG on their server and advertizes it well, lots of people will come.

GamblerTheGreat July 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

I would like to see skywars return.

NewVoltdrive July 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM UTC

Apparently the name 'Hunger Games' is technically under copyright from Lionsgate and therefore can't be used on minecraft servers. Thats the reason we made elimination I believe.
Do what Antvenom's server did. Bypass the copyright by calling it Hungry Games.

Arachadonic July 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

In relation to Hunger Games copyright, I doubt Warner Bros will be playing on this server anytime soon so I reckon we would be okay to use it :P
That being said I think a more original name that doesnt stray too much from the first name would be good.

Howsie August 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

In relation to Hunger Games copyright, I doubt Warner Bros will be playing on this server anytime soon so I reckon we would be okay to use it :P
That being said I think a more original name that doesnt stray too much from the first name would be good.
lol true but I think they'd still look out for it. Plus I doubt thats the ONLY reason.

Zedther August 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM UTC

lol true but I think they'd still look out for it. Plus I doubt thats the ONLY reason.
Bumping? really Howsie?

NuclearDucky August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

I think they should bring back SG because elimination is trash now and no one plays it so I think they should remove elimination with SG oh and SG was SUPER FUN :3

jojobloblo August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

I think they should bring back SG because elimination is trash now and no one plays it so I think they should remove elimination with SG oh and SG was SUPER FUN :3
NO NO NO. We shall keep elimination... The thing is most people who play aren't not he forums and are noobs who are only there for nebula. They don't even know about elimination! Once I brought somebody random there and they were in love immediately! That's all they want to play now! One, tell people about elimination. Two, being in some add ins to attract more people! Literally it's the exact same as mcPvP but they have more people because that's what's advertised a lot!

jojobloblo August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

*cue the slow clap...*

BoldAndBrash August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Imo, just make Elim HG AND SG

resepignev August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

It would be great to see the gamemode how it's now is, but with chest. Or Survival games with kits.

NuclearDucky August 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Or jus keep elimination and just put in SG and Skywars <3 I luv Skywars and SG

JJTheGuy August 26, 2014 at 2:08 AM UTC

Uhm, survival games was the most popular of everything back in MCZone... Then sky wars, then walls, then nebula. It was Sky Wars 2.0 that lost the people.

Polar_Express August 26, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

It seems the old McZone had it correct - so whatever was done then. I liked the Hunger games myself, mainly because of the kits. SG can be played anywhere, so if we add that its not a big deal, everyone has it. I have been finding myself playing some Sky Wars on another server, pretty fun for a break from walls. - 

I think I got the correct game modes listed :
HG = Kits no chests: all spawn together and run like crazy with 2 min of protection.
SG = Chests no Kits? all spawn in a circle and run to chests then fight?

Beautifulistic August 26, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

SG-
Back in the days, SG was my main game. I won a couple of times because of strategically playing, I won without a weapon, (strats). If we brought it back, it would attract LOTS of players. Please bring back the old SG.

chaibrit1 August 26, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Skywars and Survival Games!
They are both great gamemodes even if they aren't original and would bring alot of new players :3

StewieFG August 26, 2014 at 4:08 AM UTC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kycrafft August 26, 2014 at 4:08 AM UTC

They made MCPVP change their hunger games due to copyright.

toketrain August 26, 2014 at 4:08 AM UTC

Survival Games would bring lots of people, especially if we had our own maps

Sky Wars should get another chance, it's a great game and lots of people would probably play it

MustardMan227 August 26, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Why was Ghost Squadron removed in da first place? It was so fun. I mean if it is such a little game why not put it in avicade? I would love to see it have its own Gamemode. Sky wars. YES PLS YES PLS! I could make amazing Sky Wars gameplay and advertise the video on here :D (cause its not from another server :P) Plus... It's super fun!!! HUNGER GAMES IS AMAZING! I REK KIDS Ez Pz!!! SO YAS +! HURRRRAAAAAAY!!!

SlabSun August 26, 2014 at 5:08 AM UTC

Skywars, there's a big fuss being made out of it, and I wanna play it xD

Kizamu August 26, 2014 at 6:08 AM UTC

They made MCPVP change their hunger games due to copyright.
Yeah, back in the days where mcpvp had BALANCED kits.
loljkstompertooOP

Legoche August 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

SG. Loved it, played all the time. The only problem is when I won I didn't get any rewards, so I was playing for just the pleasure of winning :D

Precise_ August 27, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Ghost Squadron

cinammoncroc000 August 28, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

Wait, we had GS before? I don't want to copy OCN, but I'd like that back.

And of course, my beloved Skywars <3

NuclearDucky August 28, 2014 at 1:08 AM UTC

I mostly want SG back :P

kycrafft August 28, 2014 at 3:08 AM UTC

Yeah, back in the days where mcpvp had BALANCED kits.
loljkstompertooOP
Balanced kits like Berserker.

MENGA August 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Sky Wars: I started playing on MC Zone when I found in a page "Sky Wars server". I thought It was going to be very boring GM, but when I entered the server my life changed. I get surprised when I saw that 1.4.2 server with no lag and with TEAMS! (Blue & Red). I hope you put it back on Avicus was, SO SO SO SO SO exiting game I ever played :P.

-If you don't like Sky Wars, you don't know the life of avicus. All avicus is based on Sky Wars.

IviFetita August 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Please, Add the SkyWars pvp gamemode.
Bye :P

Carryinq August 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Skywars, SG, please make them come home.

iDiamondPorkchop August 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Survival Games please!
Plz not Ghost Sqaudron, OCN might think we're totally ripping them off.

FrostedCupcakez August 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

Skywars

I miss this game so much and I bet a lot of other people do ^-^ This was my favourite game and one of the reasons I found Avicus! 

- Survival Games

I remember with MC zone I used to play this as much as Skywars! I miss this game and it was so fun to survive and everything ^-^ Most likely we might draw a lot of new people on which would be great! I love our community and just want to see new people added!

ImRaging August 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

Survival games. I would love for it to be added back because on alot of other servers like Hive and MCSG are absolutely bombarded with hackers. However, will it attract more hackers to avicus; this cannot be foretold.

HotAndCrunch August 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

SG - my favourite mini game and very fun and popular!

ViolentBoo August 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

HG.

The old kits, the old everything.

Arachadonic August 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

*chant*
We want SG/HG! We want SG/HG!

Polar_Express August 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

How will these games get added and taken care of if we don't have map developers?

Arachadonic August 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

How will these games get added and taken care of if we don't have map developers?
We have Ivy the developer.. and relax man. Evo and Cow literally just retired. Give it a few weeks or however long it takes until replacements are found. 
We have plenty of maps in rotation anyway to keep us occupied, too much almost. Patience can go a long way.

BourbonBonobo September 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Parkour server

Howsie September 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Holy bumples

BmB September 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Holy bumples
Hot diggetty bump!

Howsie September 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Hot diggetty bump!

BmB September 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Flebula September 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

Survival Games - Because that is why most people came onto McZone. I also personally enjoy Survival games nearly as much as Nebula so that would be a great way to make a comeback on Avicus Network :D

- MiningFlamingo

brightsteel101 September 16, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Skywars: When I first joined mczone, all I played was skywars. The game was amazing and very original! The map got changed the map to a new one which was still very fun. Later it was made that the chests were not random, you could not pick up items, there were no kits and more. Skywars got extremely boring and eventually no one played it anymore. If skywars was brouight pack in it's original form it would attract a huge players and money to support the server. Avicus would be amazing if skywars was added.

Survival Games: After skywars had no more games going on, all I played on mczone was sg. Picture the amount of players on nebula on an average day. Now picture 3 times of that amount of players. That is how many players would play sg on mczone on a normal day. The sg on mczone attracted so many players! The sg has no crazy items or enchantments like in nexus sg or skydoesminecraft sg and the maps were great. It was just normal and fun. If sg was added avicus could probably get twice as many players on the server.

kycrafft September 16, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Prison! You can mine! And just mine! And that's it!

josh_cuccia October 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM UTC

Prison is not an answer. Sky wars/ SG

Porkyyy October 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM UTC

No, skywars and SG will not be added..

steven5703 October 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM UTC

+1

I miss playing sg a lot more than I used to :c

Porkyyy October 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM UTC

+1

I miss playing sg a lot more than I used to :c
Ye I know right, but they said it wouldn't be added :/

Tarheelkiwi October 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM UTC

my choices

1) hunger games
2) hunger games
3) hunger games

Arachadonic October 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM UTC

Ye I know right, but they said it wouldn't be added :/
Who said that? Some proof would be great as they would be mad not to add it since it seems to be the most popular minigame that is in demand.

Stimulating October 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

How about adding soup? Or as I've said in a previous thread I made, Soup PvP w/ a twist: Full Diamond armor and Tools/Wooden Swords, no soup though -_-. Basically you'd last just as long and not have to micromanage your health bar and hotkey allowing you to focus more on your strafes and techniques. Also maybe Pot PvP to go along with that.

lukehan2001 October 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM UTC

SG for advertising purposes and skywars.

c4ooo December 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

I would like them all back. I don't see why they where removed in the first place. 
I started playing when the server was only a The Walls server, and seen it slowly merge into what it is today. I was surprised when some of the minigames where removed, but being mostly Nebula player, was not to disappointed at their disappearance.

kycrafft December 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

I would like them all back. I don't see why they where removed in the first place. 
I started playing when the server was only a The Walls server, and seen it slowly merge into what it is today. I was surprised when some of the minigames where removed, but being mostly Nebula player, was not to disappointed at their disappearance.
Nice bump.

Numberz_ December 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

Well we all know that SG is coming back.

MLGtino December 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

Clearly.

Tarheelkiwi December 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM UTC

YEY

GreasyBe December 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM UTC

SKYWARS PLZ that was the main reason I dicovered Avic it was so fun we will get more players. :P

_Jupiter December 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM UTC

Yeah I <3 skywars but also SG...why not add them both xD

Howsie December 25, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

Holy bumples.

TreeGuy1991 December 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

SKYWARS xD

kycrafft December 26, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

Holy bumples.
Ikr