Avicus Archive

✯ Beginners's Guide to The Avicus Network!✯ by Y0urm0m1 January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Yes, just as i did one for the Overcast Network, im doing one for Avicus! Please note that there will be tons of errors while making this and I do not know some of the gamemodes so if i made a mistake or missing something out, please leave a comment down below ^.^

==========================================================================
Work in Progress! Work in Progress! Work in Progress! Work in Progress!
v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v :)
==========================================================================

The Avicus Network 

Welcome to the Avicus Network This is basically a very basic guide to the Avicus Networkand it may be the right, or not the guide for you. This guide will cover most of the basic questions. This is only a basic guide and the links provided in the guide will give you a more through explanation on a topic. Lets get start shall we? "(This is a long guide but this is good because it might answer all your question's here)

What we will be covering in this guide:

General in-game and website

In-Game
Useful Links
FAQ

General Rules

Before we get to the other topics in this guide, you must know the very basic rules. So please, read this first!

Use common-sense- using this will prevent you from getting an infraction.
Please maintain a calm and casual atmosphere in-game and website- Basically be mature and act mature
Do not team grief, team spleef, or anything that prevents your team from winning- even though a teammate griefs you, do not do it back or both of you will end up with a infraction
Do not spam the chat with annoying caps and/or phrases and dont post spammy threads
If you're an observer, do not give out any tactical information in chat!- This means that if your spectating or in a team, do not give out precious info that could help the other team
Do not spawn kill and/or spawn camp
Do not abuse glitches
Do not hack in the server
Do not combat log/ void log- defined as before you die, you log out in order to escape death.

For a more thorough rules explanation, please read: http://avicus.net/rules

Punishments

If you or a person so happens to break the rules, you will be given an infraction. It will go on your profile and will stay there no matter what. The usual punishment system is:

Verbal Warn >> Kick >> Temp Ban >> Perm Ban

This is the basic form of the punishment system. However, this system does not apply in some cases. If you hack even once, you can end up with a temp or a perm ban. If the infraction you did was to severe, you would probably get Temp or Perm banned. Excessive Infractions may also result to a kick or ban. So please, follow the rules :D

Appealing

If you think that the staff may have made a mistake on your punishment or your really sorry, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FORUMS TO APPEAL!!! You can email them by going to the support tab on the website. Please make it detailed and make sure there is valid evidence that you didn't do this infraction. (its at the very bottom) SO if you dont have an email, i suggest you make one if you want to appeal your punishment. Also, contacting staff through forums, skype, or alts is annoying and if you do happen to use alts, your punishment will get worse. http://avicus.net/support

Reporting

The Avicus Network has 2 ways of reporting people. You can either use the command, /report in game or send a report through the forums in the "Player Reports" section.

In-Game Reporting: When you see a rulebreaker, use /report  <name> <reason>. Only use /report if necassary. When making a report, make it very detailed. Dont just say "/report Y0urm0m2 hacker" The staff wont listen to that. Instead, use this "/report Y0urm0m2 hitting enenmies all around him, shooting multiple arrows super fast, unusal flying movement." A staff would defitnetly take a look into that so if you want reports answered, be very detailed.

Website Reporting: IF you do so happen find and record and/or have screenshots of a rulebreaker, post it ONLY in the Player Reports section. When making it, make it somewhat detailed. Say the person who did and what he/she did. Then just put the evidence. Please note that the evidence must be vaild and do not use old evidence. Video evidence is most preferred if your reporting griefers and hackers. Screenshot evidence is preferred if its chat related.

Links: Why there is a /report command. by vladthegreat

Avicus Support

Avicus support is a neat feature. If your account is hacked, a problem with your account, a staff breaking the rules, etc.. please do not post it in the forums. Send these types of problems to http://avicus.net/support so it wouldn't create unncecassary spam threads.

Cool Terms and Phrases

There is some gaming termonolgy that it is used frequently so if you cased you don't know, here they are:

GG- Good Game
Gl - Good Luck
gl hf - Good luck have fun
Gj- good job
gf- Good fight
gg wp- good game, well played
gg no re- good game, no regrets
eZ- means someone is "easy". Please do not use this against other people as it may be offensive and rude"
u wot m8?- its a response saying that "you wanna go down dude?"
3spooky5me- "its scary or spooky (mlg term. Mostly a joke)
1v1 me m8- 1 vs 1 me dude
scrub- a noob (again offensive and rude)
inb4- in before something happens.
bump- A response to a thread and it bumps the thread to the Recent Discussions section
ninja'd- when some one says the same thing and/or idea as you the post before, you would use this term
thread- a forum topic
OP- Overpowered, Orignal Post (in a thread topic)
o/- waving hello
HYPE- Excited about something

Customizing your profile

It is really easy to customize it. Just adjust the settings and bam. If you want t maek a flashy profile like mine, you have to use HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) The coding may seem complicated but just copy and paste codes off the internet and your profile will look cool. If you want to insert an image, save an image, uploaded to imgur.com , and get the html code and copy and paste it to your account. I have this one link about HTML profiles from OCN. (if its advertiseing, remove it pls)

*If you want a purplish backround, use this code "<pre class="btn btn-primary btn-block active">"

How to make an EPic PRofile!   

Donating

If you want to help the server, you can always make a donation to avicus.net/shop ! It has 3 ranks: Gold, Emerald, and Diamond. This ranks give you soem perks in-game such as joining full teams or choosing which team you want to be on. For more info, go to avicus.net/shop

How to apply for staff

If you feel like you are worthy to be staff and you are willing to take up a position to be staff, you can apply by submitting an application in the Staff Applications section. The Staff Application will be opened on certain occasions. Usually, an admin will announce on the forums when staff apps are open. If it is open, you must have all of these reqirements in order to apply for staff

If your application does get accepted, you will be interviewed by the other staff members through Skype most likely. If you have been accepted to become a staff member, you will have a trial period as a Jr. Mod. You will undergo training from other members of the staff team so do your best!

The Forums

The forums is a place where people can discuss about almost anything. Topics can vary and you can make one yourself but same rules apply. Here are some general rules when using the forums.

General Rules:

1. Use common sense
2.Do not make spammy topics (this means topics that a short and have no purpose or meaning)
3. Do not spam forums with constant threads.
4. Do not post any inapprpiate images or things on the forums
5. Do not start or encoruage flame wars (fights in the forums)
6. Post topics in the right section of the forums
7. If you want to give critisism, give constructive critisism. (Critisism that helps basically)
8. Do not make social updates. Its not Instagram
9. If you have been hacked, errors in your profile, staff did something wrong, etc... send it to avicus.net/support.
10. When posting in a thread, do not bump it just so you can bring it to the top. Be sure when you bump a thread, its related to the topic.
How to use the Forums

When using the forums, you will see different subtopics to choose from to the left. Before making a thread, be sure to post it on the right section. If you post something on a thread and made a mistake, instead of making another post, just use the Edit function. If you want to delete a post, press edit, checkmark archive and press ok.

Note: You may only bump threads (posting on a topic which brings the topic to the Recent Discussions Section) if it is related to the topic. As much as possible, do not triple post. You may use @<name> to quote multiple people.

Subtopics(only covering important ones):

Recent Discussions The new discussions
Offical News News about whats going on in Avicus
Player Reports File video reports here in this subforum
Staff Applications If you want to become staff, apply here but it is open in some occasions.
Server Feedback Feedback on the server, how it could be improved and stuff
Game Discussion Talk about map gameplays, gamemodes, etc..
Avicus Help Ask questions here
Media If you make videos, post here
Gaming Talk about any other games, computer parts, anything about gaming here
Off Topic this is where forum games go, other topics etc.. Feel free to discuss almost anything in off-topic just as long as its not spammy, somewhat orignal, and appropiate.
Map Making/ Releases: If you have a new map, questions, etc.. post here anything map related.

Forum Titles

There are a couple of ways people title their threads to make it look fancy and to give an idea what its going to be about. Here are a few:

[Game]- A forum game
[Help]- if you need help
[AMA]- Ask me Anything
[Sug]- suggestion
[DTM]- Destroy the Moument
[CTW]- Capture the Wool

How to submit a map

Players can feel free to submit their maps to Avicus! They may do it some other server or your on single player world. Make sure your map looks like you put a lot of effort into it so the chances of it can be most likely accepted. When submitting a map, you will make a thread in the Map Releases section. The title should be formatted like this

[Name of Gamemode] Version; Name

Ex. [DTM]- V1.0 Wooly Caverns

In your map thread topic, the following is needed in order for the map devs to take a look at it.

What now?

Well, you have to wait for the staff response. PLEASE do not bump continously so your map can get attention. It's annoying and chances are it might not get accepted. The only way you can bump it is if you made another version of the map and you edited the OP with different pictures, you changed the map, etc.. If it is accepted, your title would show "Accepted" for testing. If not, you always have another chance to make another map. It is hard to submit a map on someones first try but do not give up!

How To Play- Basics

I am not going to go a lot in-depth because its really self explanatory but ill explain it brefiely. This section will mostly cover the more in-game subjects

Some basics
When you go to a server, a GUI will appear and show if you want to Auto-Join, Join red, or Join blue. Only donator ranks can choose teams so if you are not a donator, you must click auto join. If the GUI does not appear, you can always use /join to join the game!

Most maps have objectives (mostly DTM). The objectives will appear usually on the right hand side of the screen. If it is marked with an "x", the objective hasn't been complete" If it is marked with a check mark, it has been comeplete

Rules in-game

1. Do not give any tactical info to the enemy team
  2. Use common-sense
  3. Do not team grief, team spleef, or anything that hinders your team from winning
  4. Do not team grief and/or team spleef as an act of retaliation
  5. Do not spam the chat please
  6. Please act mature and keep a calm and casual atmosphere
  7. Please do not call out hackers. By doing so, your helping them out. Just silently use /report ^.^
  8. Hacks are not allowed and will result in a long ban
  9. Ban-evading is not allowed (if your banned and you are using alts, your ban will be even longer)
The lobby

When you enter the lobby, there are a couple places you can go. Here are the places:

Nebula- the main attraction to Avicus. Has gamemodes from Destroy the Monument [DTM] to [TDM]- Team Death match

Avicade- Avicade is the Arcade of Avicus. It offers some fun mini games such as Minatour Run, (need welp)

Control the Hill- Join here if you want to enjoy matches in relation to capturing points. This a teamwork based server mostly

Elimination- It is (i think) like TDM except that you have limited lives in each game

Walls- If you want to play the "Walls" gamemode, join here. There are usually 4 teams and each must prepare before the walls fall down.

In-game Basics

When your out there pvping, there are a few basic tactics you should know

Gamemodes

Avicus offers a lot of gamemodes to choose from. Here is a little bit of information on all of them

[DTM] Destroy the Monument- These maps usually have an obsidian monument. The number of obsidian blocks can vary from 1-3 usually. The monuments are usually placed on the sides or back of the spawns so you have to be really sneaky.

[CTW]- Capture the Wool- It isn't an official gamemode yet but it is similar to capture the flag except you have to run to the enemy side to get the wool and back in order to wn

[TDM] Team death match- Teams must kill the enemy players in order to rack up points to win.
'
[OitC] (One in the Chamber). Info

Useful Links:

Small other notes: Ill continue when i get back from school. Its like 12 am and i have a lot to cover. If you want me to add, fix, or take out anything, please respond here in order to make this guide effective. This guide purpose is to answer most questions so the forums would be less spammy.

Updates:

1/27- Added Map making, Gamemodes, in game things(i will fix errors soon)

_Avy January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Wow this is epic! Awesome job dude!

Robin_DD_J January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

How long did this take? o.0

Y0urm0m1 January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

How long did this take? o.0
a long time and im barely halfway done.

Again, this guide is long but it is also can be a reference. This could answer many FAQ which would reduce spammy threads. I think make this a link in-game would also help a little but not much ;)

Robin_DD_J January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

a long time and im barely halfway done.

Again, this guide is long but it is also can be a reference. This could answer many FAQ which would reduce spammy threads. I think make this a link in-game would also help a little but not much ;)
They should probably star it...

JKawesome January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Sticky please, this would be really useful for new players. Nice job!

badgg January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

Nise men

EinfachNalor January 27, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

STICKY11!11!111

but this is really helpful. Is there a way to make sure, this is always the top topic? Cause as soon as it is in page 6 or 7, new people won'T find it any more

Numberz_ January 27, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

Nice to have this thread get a sticky. Also just one recommendation if you could write up a short description of each gamemode? and maybe include this topic about prestige's? 

vladthegreat100 January 27, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

Pretty awesome! But who told you we don't listen to reports that come in as /report {player} hacks? XD, overall I really like this post! Keep it up!

Lavish January 27, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

Nise post men, very helpful.

SnowSX3 January 27, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

Very nice thread! This must have taken your a LOT of time.

I just wanted to proofread it for you :)

This was all done by me, any mistakes are my bad but I hope this helps!!

1st Paragraph:
"Welcome to the Avicus Network This is basically a very basic guide to the Avicus Networkand it may be the right, or not the guide for you."

Welcome to the Avicus Network. This is a very basic guide on the Avicus Network.
This guide may or may not be the right guide for you.

a more through explanation on a topic.Lets get start shall we?"
a more thorough explanation on a topic. Lets get started shall we?

"This is a long guide but this is good because it might answer all your question's here"
This is a long guide but that's good because it may answer all of your questions here.

"Punishment's"
Punishments

General rules:
"you must know the very basic rules"
You must know the basics.

"Use common-sense-"
Use common sense

"and website-"
and website

"prevents your team from winning- even though a teammate griefs you, do not do it back or both of you will end up with a infraction"
prevents your team from winning, even if a teammate griefs you, do not grief back, or both of you will end up with an infraction.

"and dont post spammy threads"
and don't post spammy threads.

"tactical information in chat!- This means that if your spectating or in a team, do not give out precious info that could help the other team"
tactical information in chat! This means that if you're spectating or playing in a team, do not give out revealing information that could give the other team an unfair advantage.

Punishments: 

"If the infraction you did was to severe,"
If the infraction you received was too severe,

Appealing:

"If you think that the staff "
If you think the staff

"on your punishment or your really sorry"
on your punishment or you're remorseful, 

"valid evidence that you didn't do this infraction."
valid evidence that proves that you didn't do anything that warranted the infraction.

"SO if you dont have an email, i suggest"
So if you don't have an email, I suggest

"skype"
Reporting:

"make it very detailed. Dont just say"
make it as detailed as possible, don't just say

"unusal flying movement."
unusual flying movement

"A staff would defitnetly take a look into that so if you want reports answered, be very detailed."
A staff member would definitely take a look into the, so if you want your reports to be answered, be very detailed.

"most preferred if your reporting griefers"
most preferred if you're reporting griefers 

Avicus Support:

"is hacked, a problem with your account, a staff breaking the rules," 
is hacked, if there is a problem with your account, or if you see a staff member breaking the rules, 

"so it wouldn't"
so it wont

Cool terms and phrases:

"There is some"
There are some

Customising your profile:

"to customize it"
to customise your profile

"want t maek"
want to make

"If you want to insert an image, save an image, uploaded to imgur.com"
If you want to insert or save an image, uploaded to imgur.com

"and get the html code"
next, get the HTML code

"(if its advertiseing, remove it pls)"
It's not, you're fine!

Donating:
"if you want to help the server"
if you want to support the server

"soem"
some

The forums:

"discuss about almost anything."
discuss almost anything.

"but same rules apply"
but the same rules apply

"inapprpiate"
inappropriate

"Small other notes: Ill"
Small other notes: I'll

"and i have a lot to cover."
and I have a lot to cover

Wow, that's the longest it's taken me to reply to a thread xD

Thank you for making this thread YM!
It'll definitely help newer players!!! 

Rainstruck January 27, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

Very well written hope lots of people get to see this!!

Tarheelkiwi January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Splades January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Nice topic! Also another useful tip in Nebula is to blockhit and W spam.

Splades January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

1st Paragraph:
"Welcome to the Avicus Network This is basically a very basic guide to the Avicus Networkand it may be the right, or not the guide for you."

Welcome to the Avicus Network. This is a very basic guide on the Avicus Network.

"This is a long guide but this is good because it might answer all your question's here"
This is a long guide but that's good because it may answer all of your questions here.

"Punishment's"
Punishments

General rules:

"Use common-sense-"
Use common sense

"and website-"
and website

"prevents your team from winning- even though a teammate griefs you, do not do it back or both of you will end up with a infraction"
prevents your team from winning, even if a teammate griefs you, do not grief back, or both of you will end up with an infraction.

"tactical information in chat!- This means that if your spectating or in a team, do not give out precious info that could help the other team"
tactical information in chat! This means that if you're spectating or playing in a team, do not give out revealing information that could give the other team an unfair advantage.

Punishments: 

Appealing:

If you think the staff

valid evidence that proves that you didn't do anything that warranted the infraction.

"skype"
Reporting:

unusual flying movement

"A staff would defitnetly take a look into that so if you want reports answered, be very detailed."
A staff member would definitely take a look into the, so if you want your reports to be answered, be very detailed.

Avicus Support:

is hacked, if there is a problem with your account, or if you see a staff member breaking the rules, 

"so it wouldn't"
so it wont

Cool terms and phrases:

"There is some"
There are some

"to customize it"

"want t maek"
want to make

"and get the html code"
next, get the HTML code

It's not, you're fine!

Donating:

"soem"
some

The forums:

discuss almost anything.

"but same rules apply"
but the same rules apply

"inapprpiate"
inappropriate

"Wow, thanks!" ~ spheedybeaner
(This isn't sarcasm btw I actually mean it.)

SavageAmericans January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Good job :-) This will be very helpful to New players.

BoldAndBrash January 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

LOL This is so much better than mine xD I love this! 

+1!

kycrafft January 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Where do I apply for staff?

I guess this is a joke question but you can add in a section on applying too

FrostedCupcakez January 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Thank you! This is amazing ;D

Y0urm0m1 January 28, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

1st Paragraph:

"Punishment's"
Punishments

General rules:

"Use common-sense-"
Use common sense

"and website-"
and website

Punishments: 

Appealing:

If you think the staff

"skype"
Reporting:

unusual flying movement

Avicus Support:

"so it wouldn't"
so it wont

Cool terms and phrases:

"There is some"
There are some

"to customize it"

"want t maek"
want to make

"and get the html code"
next, get the HTML code

It's not, you're fine!

Donating:

"soem"
some

The forums:

discuss almost anything.

"but same rules apply"
but the same rules apply

"inapprpiate"
inappropriate

Thanks Snow :D

Y0urm0m1 January 28, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Also, i have trouble with the other gamemodes in Avicus (Avicade, Walls, etc..) i need some information about that pl0x

Y0urm0m1 January 29, 2015 at 5:01 AM UTC

Pretty awesome! But who told you we don't listen to reports that come in as /report {player} hacks? XD, overall I really like this post! Keep it up!
Maybe don't listen  at all but people should make detailed reports. I mean if some one does /report <player> hacks, as a litteral statement, it does not really tell much and chances are staff would take less attention to that report that then a more detailed report like "/report Y0urm0m2, unusal flying movement, 3-5 enemies hit at the same time around him. or /report Y0urm0m3 Team griefing- destroying team bridges and spleefed 1-3 people. I mean a person would most likely take a look into these type of reports than a person that reported "hacks"  Idk how it goes but it should be that way where players can make detailed reports.

If my statement is false, please tell and ill edit it

Y0urm0m1 March 18, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

Sorry to bump this thread. Unfoutunately, it is not yet complete but i want to get this done. I do not have full knowledge of all the gamemodes Soi am requesting for you guys ot comment on this thread and put as much detailed info that can be useful for beginners

xxxheraxxx March 18, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

Beginners guide: "You will be called a noob alot, but don't worry your not the only one"