Avicus Archive

Bye everyone! <3 by Mango_ October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Hi everyone,

After about 15 months as a staff member it's time for me to leave. There are a number of reasons behind this, however I'll make it quick. I essentially have very limited time for these things now, and my motivation to administrate the staff team has gone down. For these two reasons plus a few other factors, I have decided to permanently retire.

I’ve been a member of Avicus for a very long time now, and I’m sure many people will agree that there’s something special about this community. The amount of awesome people I’ve met through this experience it ridiculous, and I’ve certainly learnt a lot from being a player all the way through to admin. I’m not really interested in writing out a huge list of all the people who have helped me along the way, but I do want to mention a few:

A huge thanks to Howsie for introducing me to the staff team earlier last year. Not sure if you still check the forums but you were a great guy to be around, so thank you! I’ve also known Jozz since 2013 and it’s pretty amazing how we ended up being admins together. Just wanna say a huge thanks to you, and I’m sure we’ll keep in touch! The final person is Kylo. This man is extremely talented with what he does and is just a great guy in general. Best of luck with this ongoing project Kylo!

There were dozens upon dozens of others who came to mind, however I would rather say a general thanks to everyone who I’ve met during my time here; whether it be in-game, on TS3 or on the forums. I’m sure you know who you are, and this includes all the former and staff members. Focus on the positives and keep up the great work!

If you need to privately contact me about anything you can do so through the Skype account listed on my profile. After a while I won’t be checking it anymore. Any questions you may have for me can be posted below and hopefully I’ll get around to answering them. So once again, just want to say a huge thank you and good bye to everyone here. It’s been a pleasure!

NOTE: Jozz will be retiring too as he mentioned in his “3 year AMA” thread. Information regarding the new admins will be released soon, and when that’s finalised our ranks will be transferred over.

Regards,

Liam

Pelpelajax October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Bye Mangs, it's been great working with you. I remember giving you your Senior Mod rank the day we got promoted. See ya buddy o/

HarryRules2002 October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Mango, noo! You were such a good friend to me, we always used to talk and have a good laugh. You will always be remembered as one of the best admins <3

_Nathy October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

c ya mango

best of luck with your future

hasl October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

I got the news a few hours ago, very sad time. :(

I'd like to thank you Liam for all your hard work and dedication, check skype before you remove your ranks please.

SnowSX3 October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Thanks for everything Mango!
I already appreciated how you were always easy to approach in the staff team.

Best of life IRL :D

Posighdun October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Cya man. You have been a great staff member and a very good friend. Good luck in life.

ImRaging October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Bye Mango. It was great having you around and chatting to you on your good ol' build server :) Good luck for the future ♥

Spoookeh October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Bye Mango ): You were a dedicated admin and a great person on Avicus.
I wish you the best of luck in life!

Javipepe October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

:(

Good luck in life mate, thanks a lot.

Notalgicular October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

rip

Tynvale October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Mango NOOOOOOO! When we talked it was rare but you were always a nice guy! It's sad to see you go but everyone has their time...

nintendoboy11 October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

Bye Mango! You were a really cool guy! GL and HF in life o/

Zegita October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

i never really talked to you but i saw you about. sad to see another person go and an important person. good luck man :)

BmB October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

Freaking crazy to think we did our interviews at the same time :D it feels like that was such a long time ago, thanks for all you've done for the network, hopefully I'll see you around.

Legoche October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

Not another.

NovaLikesPvP October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Vobaseball12 October 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

We'll never forget you guys. Good luck to both of you ;(

Gundham October 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Good bye, Mango. You are a very dear friend to me and I hope you have a wonderful time outside Avicus. Dredmor, though! #NeverForget.

Arigenn October 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM UTC

Thanks for all of your contributions, as moderator, senior moderator, and admin. It's real sad to see ya go, but I wish you good luck in life! Bye mango ;(

TheTNTPotato October 30, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Whatno

;-; ilyboth. I wish you, as well as Jozz,  the best. Loved working with you both, and I hoped to do so again soon. Ah well, hope to possibly see you both again o/

GrapeSmoothie October 30, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

;c

iiDarudePvP October 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

nu plz

pel and poshidon should be admins

Fabricating October 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Cya Mango You will be missed ;(

Howsie October 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

And so ends the sistahood's nepotistic reign. Mango, you've always been a brilliant mate to both myself and the rest of our little clan, gonna miss you buddy. Hope we can keep in touch <3

Rainstruck October 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Awe man :(. Sad to lose you man, I wish you the best in the future along with Jozz, hopefully you'll come back every once and a while! :]

Thanks for everything!

Capenage October 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

oh please

Two great administrators are off, fuck. Well good luck in your future project/life Mango And Jozz!

Cyclops October 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

rip avicus

Glitchaye October 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

Holy shit werent you junior mod with me

what the fuck man

i want the past back

where there were 1000 players and ts was the best place

pls

FrostedCupcakez October 30, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Thank you for everything you've done. It's sad saying good bye, but I hope one day we'll see you again. Good luck Mango, make us proud (:

Jake41901 October 30, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Oh lord... I believe I remember you since you were a Junior Moderator. It's been a while, Mango. Thanks for your contribution toward Avicus. <3

Robin_DD_J October 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

Cya mate

IviFetita October 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

This isn't happening... this was all just a nightmare
Please tell me it is :'(

FrozenThorn October 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

I know I haven't really known you for long but I will miss you, from what I hear you were an amazing administrator and you will be missed very much! Don't consume too many mangos and rip the bananas, thanks for being awesome, have fun on your many new adventures!

Numberz October 30, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

It was a great experience to work with you Mango. You and Jozz were both great admins and its sad to see you go. Good luck in real life wombats. ;^)

Myv October 30, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Thanks for everything, it's a hard time when great people leave this server but we all understand.

<3

alexanderjoe October 30, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Bye mango <3

Coco_stag October 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Mango, we rarely ever spoke but you are an amazing person. Good bye sir

rip Aussie wombat staff team

AstroPizza October 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

The wombats have gone mad. 
But seriously  , good luck in your future and whatever you decide to do.

dilpickel October 30, 2015 at 10:10 PM UTC

:( Good bye. Maybe one day you can return. Best of luck in your future.

Mango_ October 31, 2015 at 2:10 AM UTC

@Howsie: Cheers, I certainly will!
@Glitchy: You're right, we were. That was awesome haha.

To everyone else, thank you, I appreciate the replies!

xNemoII October 31, 2015 at 5:10 AM UTC

Bye mango gl in the future :3

SpicyAF October 31, 2015 at 5:10 AM UTC

wat te fuk

all the good admins r leaving 

avicus is ruined (i hope not)

VenomousViper October 31, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

Cya Mango, Good Luck in life

Zeusy October 31, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

I'm impressed, you did really well with Admin! Good luck in the future (:

Cynthesis October 31, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Man, I'm sorry I never saw you ingame or hardly ever talked to you (because timezones are timezones). Sorry to see you go, though. Wished we could've talked more! :(

Da_Baus October 31, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Goodbye mango :( we hardly talked but when we did you were such a chill guy and sucks because now there is only one wombat staff member left

MidnightBeats October 31, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

Goodbye, Mango... I already left you a message.

AtditC October 31, 2015 at 7:10 PM UTC

Cyaa

JDKL October 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Cya Mango. Still remember all of our good old times x)

Iron October 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Hmmm.. Probably the last of the best batch of seniors we have had... It was a pleasure working with you Mango. Although I have argued with you I suppose that I will live with our disagreements; however, you were a great Senior and a pretty good admin. It's a shame to see you go dude.

FrozenSolstice October 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

What. The. F.

Bye Mango, thanks for all the fun times we had. :')

But seriously... I feel like Avicus is going to shit now.

PokerFace October 31, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Goodbye Mango and Jozz :c

Thank you for all that you have brought to this network. You will be missed by everyone. 

Jozz: You helped me a ton in my trial. Thanks for making it special!

Mango: I didn't see you as much as I saw Jozz, but I'll look in the Guiness Book of World Records and I'll find your name there in the Rubiks cube section.

Good luck to both of you!
-PokerFace

MangoSmoothie_ November 1, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

Bye Mango Buddy :(

You were an amazing staff member, good luck in the future :))