Avicus Archive

Staff applications! by RedBoyS3 February 13, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

Hi people! This is my first discussion here, so I want to talk about staff applications. I'm with lots of doubts and maybe the staff and the community here can take my doubts!
1st- A lot of staff told to me that staff applications are closed. Are they really closed? If they are closed, when they open again?
2nd-If staff applications are closed, when they re-open, the rules to staff applications will be the same as of January 2015 staff applications?
I will appreciate if someone tell me my doubts, cause i'm doing as much as possible to enter in the staff (if it's open, but if it isn't i will help in the server and in the forum.
Bye!!!

Emmaye February 13, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

They are closed. Sometime in March they will open again, except this time we will trial hand picked staff as a new way to choose our staff members. If it fails, we will go back to applications after, if it succeeds, most likely hand picking staff will happen more when the time comes for us to get more staff.

RedBoyS3 February 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

But the rules will still be the same?

And handpicked like what, the senior mods see players that they like to be a mod or different way?

Emmaye February 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

But the rules will still be the same?
Handpicking is recommending players for staff, coming from Moderators and above. Staff applications have more of a "rules" section. So in March, you really just follow the server rules and anything else the staff team notices that you are doing good with, like behavior and attitude. Overall, the eligibility for players are the same as in applications, except the process is different. So the rules would technically be the same, for eligibility, just the end result would be a little different (doesn't affect the requirements that much).

Emmaye February 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

And handpicked like what, the senior mods see players that they like to be a mod or different way?
Moderators, Senior Mods and Admins can reccommend and choose players to be eligible for staff, then later on decide. That's pretty much all we can tell you, more information will be released about this later. Stay tuned on the forums to read about it!

Moderators, Senior Mods and Admins can reccommend and choose players to be eligible for staff, then later on decide. That's pretty much all we can tell you, more information will be released about this later. Stay tuned on the forums to read about it!
Thank you very much! ;D And just one more question for curiosity: How many admins exist here in Avicus?

Tarheelkiwi February 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM UTC

Thank you very much! ;D And just one more question for curiosity: How many admins exist here in Avicus?
http://avicus.net/staff Currently 3 but I don't count IvyCode as a Admin because he is the Owner.

Chris12M9 February 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Hey! I'm very interested in becoming a mod for avicus and help out but, I'm a bit confused on how it is going to work out now.
1. can i still apply to be a mod?
2. how does the new way work?
3. is it unlikely for me to be a mod?
4. is there any requirements?

Lavish February 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Moved to Avicus Help

Chris12M9 February 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM UTC

Hey! I'm very interested in becoming a mod for avicus and help out but, I'm a bit confused on how it is going to work out now.

kycrafft February 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

1. You may apply to be mod when the applications open again
  2. New way as in Hand-Picked Staff? Emmaye explained this in a previous post
  3. I honestly cannot answer that one
  4. The requirements will be released when the applications open but in general it is good to know the rules, be nice to other players, follow the rules and be active in-game on the forums and on TeamSpeak

Vobaseball12 February 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

To answer your third question.

Anyone who follows the rules, is active in the community, and helps others could be a mod!